My first build (MKVI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so, is my chest armor too small, because im trying to figure out if im going to make a new one or not?

It may be a tad small, but not bad. A few extra CM when you switch over to HD might do the trick (if that's your intention).

Also, it's difficult to tell from the picture, but your thigh looks a bit large, as a first impression. I'd need another picture to be sure, to compare it with the overall size of your leg. The reason I say that I think it's too big is because it goes from the top of you knee and looks like it fits tightly (and forgive this expression) into your crotch. There does not seem to be much room for movement, let alone being able to bend your knee or walk around without pinching *delicate* parts. I may be wrong, though. Like I said, it's a bit difficult to tell from that picture.

The pepping looks fine, though. Looks like everything is coming together. Keep it up!

/Agrees with Carp

I think you're doing great! Just don't get discouraged by your helmet... I got so mad at my first 3 tries, I threw them away. Keep the helm around for laughs, and references!

Thanks for everyone's help and encouragement. Im probably going to start makeing the FS HD helmet:)

more pictures
DSC_0022_zpse4cb3edd.jpg
[/IMG]
rehae_zpsdd6d2eb5.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC_0023_zpse4901b3f.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0024_zpsf65ce971.jpg
[/IMG]
ok here is my helmet so far(i started it like an hour or two ago) im hopefully going to assemble as much as possibly tomorrow:)

It looks as though you're building flying_squirl's helmet model. It's the best model I've seen out there. I highly suggest using the internal supports. It will help keep everything in place and prevent warping. Good luck.

Yes, its flying_squirl's helmet model. I was planning on using the supports, i thought that would be best :)

hello dear ram . and welcome :)

First of all dont worry bout the helmet. sh*** happens mate. The more u will fail in the beginning the more you will be proud of the result . Trust me :D i know what im talking bout i screwed up 2 HD helmets aswell :)

And as carp said . dont forget the support straps. and take ur time with resining and work with less resin for the first coat even if u have support stripes. thats my suggestion.

Well good luck mate

Thank you every one. Now here is some progress
sbts001_zps30942086.jpg
[/IMG]
sbts004_zpsb1f9123b.jpg
[/IMG]
sbts008_zps8fa6d24b.jpg
[/IMG]
sbts007_zpse7219616.jpg
[/IMG]
ok so, does the thigh look good? I've been pretty busy with school even know im home schooled. I shouldn't be as busy now .

:D
sbtsjxfj002_zpsfd23b5a0.jpg
[/IMG]
sbtsjxfj001_zpsb06a501c.jpg
[/IMG]
sbtsjxfj004_zpseb37bdb4.jpg
[/IMG]
sbtsjxfj003_zpsadec3047.jpg
[/IMG]
I havent put the support pieces in yet because my printer isnt working :p

Wow that looks like a nice clean pep job you did on the helmet keep it up! ( Don't forget to put the paper visor in or else it will warp again it acts as a support during fiberglassing when your done you can cut out with a Dremmel or something)

Very nice....I'll be watching your build as I'll be starting mine soon too so I'll learn lots from you.
Excellant job. Are you just doing resin or following up with resin/fiberglass bondo?

I am working on the visor and support pieces for the HD helmet,So... do you have to put the visor in if you are putting in the support pieces?

Ok, so my brother and I are going to make ODST helmets, I was wondering if there is a spiecal way to scale... or not. And what would the best way to make the visor be? Ive seen people vaccum form visors but i heard its not safe to heat plastic in your oven and stuff, but anyways :)

So, i decided not rush the armor before Halloween, im going to wait til next year. Im going to take time on my armor so it comes out better:) Today I resined my helmet:)
wagr001_zps3bb8b6ed.jpg
[/IMG]
wagr002_zps631de9b0.jpg
[/IMG]

Okay, so im going to do every thing in HD, so before i start other pieces (I might be restarting what i have so far, but not the helmet), I was wondering what the best way to scale is.... I know there is a couple ways of doing it, but i didnt know what would be best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back