My First Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenocrates

Jr Member
Hello, I've been going to this site since.... Early November.. or maybe even earlier than that?
Anyways I left the site due to my computer crashing and loss of my account info >.<
However Im back (yay?) and Now I have the upmost inspiration and determination to make my VERY FIRST project
and I've looked around the website and I've noticed the ODST helmet, looks rather easy, for a beginner.

I DID end up learning how to do the whole mountain and valley fold technique, scaling formula, resin and fiberglassing, bondo-ing, and all those things.. but over time, my brain tends to forget things. However I will start reading the threads :)

My main reasons for posting is
1.)I tried a MARK VI helmet as my first project, and I failed...hardcore
2.) I was wondering if anyone with past experience of making a Halo 2 or Halo 3 ODST helmet would be able to tell me if its an easy thing to make?

Im not so good with my hands when it comes to folding, and since the ODST helm looks somewhat blocky on the Pep file, I thought it'd be an easy job. Anyone object?
If it IS an easy job, please let me know what you did :)

Glad to be back, and its awesome to see what great changes you guys made to the site, you've all grown so much, community wise. You guys even have ads on YouTube!

(By the way I do video editing, If I can be of any assistance in that department, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I would not mind helping you guys out, and getting this site recognized through a good video of all the great work done here!)

I'm fairly certain that the Halo 2 ODST helmet is one of the easiest pep helmets there is to make.
The Halo 3 one isn't too tough either, but H2 is much much easier. It would be a pretty good place to start.

If yuu still wanted to make mark VI, you could always start off low-def and then go on to high def,,

That worked for me...

Thanks for the replies :)
I think i'll go with the ODST Halo 2 version, and depending on how it turns out, i might go Halo 3 version.

Ya, the halo 2 ODST is very easy and it was my first helmet. The only problem is that it isn't very detailed so you need a lot of bondo to make it smooth.

Wow, good job, both of you!
I think I might go for the Halo 3, just because its more detailed, and IMO it seems more wearable? Since the Halo 2 looks like it leaves a lot of neck room.

Whats the average time it took you guys to make the Halo 3 pep folded result?
Only set back with this project is going to be the visor :/

Btw did you guys get the pep files from that wiki page?

took me a week to do the helmet, mines half pep and half strach....the files came from skullcandygirl

Yeah! I just downloaded those files yesterday, so I am slightly confident that I will be able to do this project.
Last time I gave up before I even started folding.

Yeah, H2 ODST is a pretty good place to start. (side note: it seems like a lot of people are making ODST's ever since that Recon Trailer came out. :lol:

MJOLNIR Warrior said:
Can you guys post some pictures of your ODST helmets?

<--- My avatar has a pic. That was my scratchbuild one, I'm still working on the H3 Pep one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spartan-270! That looks very nice! The whole suit does!\

I WAS going to start by doing the H2 ODST, but then I had the sudden ambition to go for a little bit more of a challenge
And since SkullCandyGirl's thread with the WETA files had the Newest model, I downloaded it, and found it was organized very nicely

If only I knew how to scale it, but anywayz

Thats a really good looking suit!
Im looking to start my pep, next week. Might get a chance to buy the cardstock tommorow.

to scale download the free pep designer 3 and open the list at the top of the page that says 2d patter window and scroll down to change scale of development. use the ratios in the thread you downloaded the files from. I think they're scaled to a person who's 5' 11" so.... 71 ( 5'11" converted to inches)/23.785851 ( original scale of development number for H3 odst files)= ( your hight in inches)/ X ( new scale development number) You may need to adjust accordingly depending on your own personal poprportions but this should get you in the ballpark.

ZONKRE

MJOLNIR Warrior said:
Spartan-270! That looks very nice! The whole suit does!\

I WAS going to start by doing the H2 ODST, but then I had the sudden ambition to go for a little bit more of a challenge
And since SkullCandyGirl's thread with the WETA files had the Newest model, I downloaded it, and found it was organized very nicely

If only I knew how to scale it, but anywayz

Thats a really good looking suit!
Im looking to start my pep, next week. Might get a chance to buy the cardstock tommorow.

Thanks. :D The only problem is that one of the velcro straps on the body armor broke a couple days ago and now I have to fix it. As for your armor, be sure to post pics and good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back