My Foam Build. MKV NBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had started a Pep set of armor and they sat around for a while. The got crinkled, ripped, ETC. I had almost thought about taking this project "off the back burner" and do it some time later. Well, Valentines day two sets of foam mats just happened to make it into our apartment.

I took the old pep stuff I could use and used it as guide to build my new foam set of armor.

I have the Boots done now. Well, At least Constructed. They will need to be sanded and tweeked, but they look pretty good for what they are. This is about 3 days (maybe 10 hours) of work.

PICT0204.jpg

PICT0201.jpg

PICT0192.jpg

PICT0195.jpg

I bet they are light! Looks bulky but I guess without the rest of the armor it will look that way. I bet its easy to make too! Good job!

wow! nice job so far! can't wait for the rest to come out! i bet those templates are nice and easy to follow, eh?

Zadukato - I have very large Calves. They are a bit big, but it's actually pretty snug. I also have an old set of work boots in the bottom of them. That adds a good amount weight but it is also what I used to improvise the foot part. If I took one of the boots out though, I'd probably wouldn't be able to tell a difference in weight.

CJ, The Templates just make me have to think even harder. It's really a different kind of beast.....And I like it. I'm glad my wife got me the mats. I'll be putting the Thighs together tomorrow.

Thanks for the encouragement Guys!

Very nice work on those MK V Shins and boots... Careful with the inner thigh portion, make sure you add extra when you make that, I didn't and almost ruined mine.

Oh Lawd, is dat sum Mk. V? :3
I have to say, using Foam on such a low detailed model seems like an obvious thing to do. And sure does give a lot of practice!
Those Shins look good, man!

I"M ALL FINISHED!!!! :p

101_0845.jpg

Just kidding. I found that picture from summer camp 3 years ago. I used about 15 paintball chest protectors to create that. It was fun for the kids.

Here's my actual Update. Got the Front thigh done. I'm thinking about adding a back panel some time down the road attached with elastic. We'll see. I've been free styling it alittle bit and I need to adjust the bands that go around my inner legs. I find this method pretty fun and gives me, at least, the ability to make it my own with a little guide from my peps. Enjoy!

Photo179.jpg

Photo180.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back