MY FULL JORGE SUIT!!! WIP (will be pic heavy)

Battle damaged or pristine?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATES: Painted piece pics are on page 19, 20, 21 and 22. Also new pics are right below. Check em out. More to be added very soon.

So here is what you have all been waiting for(not really). But any who, here is my Jorge suit. Let me start by saying: Check out my security helmet that was made from scratch. Let me also say that this is my first pep experience. However, I think it is going great. Makes it a lot easier to get the base shape. Its also nice to do while watching TV.

I figured out(it has probably been used before) that if you use hot glue to attach a string to one point of the inside of a chest to an opposite side, then use a wire "H" shape to twist the string to tighten it... Well it creates a wonderful way to "torque" the whole thing to keep the shape, or if it has been warped. Just a useful tip to some perhaps.

Here are some UPDATED photos:
LShoulder15.jpg

LShoulder14.jpg

Chest15-2.jpg

Chest16-2.jpg

Chest17-2.jpg

Chest18-1.jpg

Chest19-1.jpg

RShoulder7.jpg

RShoulder8.jpg

RShoulder9.jpg

And that is it for now. Not to awful much, but something to bite your teeth into. I will be getting rid of some of the early stage photos as I progress. But you can check my photobucket for all of my pics.

Keep in mind that all of the pieces will be sanded and worked into perfection. To become what I want to be the best Jorge suit made. I can't wait to share more with you guys.

can you upload a complete file with all pepakura for this wonderfull suit

LShoulder15.jpg

LShoulder14.jpg

Chest15-2.jpg

Chest16-2.jpg

Chest17-2.jpg

Chest18-1.jpg

Chest19-1.jpg

RShoulder7.jpg

RShoulder8.jpg

RShoulder9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything looks phenomenal! I can't wait to see you wearing this stuff!

A small update for you guys. I threw some paint on this just to see what it looked like. I will mold the forearm and cast two of them for my actual arms. I decided that casting them is faster than doing all of that bondo/pep/resin/fiberglass work again. But on the real ones I will lighten the silver a bit and the little nut type things will go on the silver "wrap" parts.

Forearm6.jpg

Forearm7.jpg

Forearm8.jpg

Forearm9.jpg

Forearm10.jpg

Forearm11.jpg

Forearm12.jpg

Forearm6.jpg

Forearm7.jpg

Forearm8.jpg

Forearm9.jpg

Forearm10.jpg

Forearm11.jpg

Forearm12.jpg

Every post just gets better. Every time I see one of your pictures my first comment is "Man that paint job is FANTASTIC." I'm really hoping we can come close to that level of win during our painting.

So here are my technical questions:

1) Do you lay on a base layer of silver before the color layer?
2) Are you using the mustard\patrolium jelly method for the paint chips?
3) Is the grime created using a inkwash\black wash method?

I'm trying to disect the work using the methods I've seen and used before. Your skill makes me very curious about ways to improve my own.

Oh god. I'm either literally drooling at your armor or because I just had my wisdom teeth yanked this morning. O___O

Your armor is amazing! How do you get the cuts on your foam stuff so smooth?

Every post just gets better. Every time I see one of your pictures my first comment is "Man that paint job is FANTASTIC." I'm really hoping we can come close to that level of win during our painting.

So here are my technical questions:

1) Do you lay on a base layer of silver before the color layer?
2) Are you using the mustard\patrolium jelly method for the paint chips?
3) Is the grime created using a inkwash\black wash method?

I'm trying to disect the work using the methods I've seen and used before. Your skill makes me very curious about ways to improve my own.

That's pretty much the method I use.

1: Get the armor as smooth as possible. There is a difference between adding battle damage and claiming that poorly smoothed armor looks "battle damaged". In my opinion at least. I don't worry TOO MUCH about the small imperfections in hard to reach places, as they can be covered up with a good piantjob.

2: Primer! Primer! Primer! I use lots of primer. It helps you to see basic shapes and curves. It also makes the imperfections say "look at me, here I am. Fix me!"

3: Then when I'm happy with the piece I use a scouring pad to smooth the surface. Then I lay a base of silver over the whole thing.

4: TAfter the silver dries, tape off the areas that ARE NOT your main color. I then use patrollium jelly(PJ) on edges and places where natural wear and tear would happen. Try to be random with how you put it on. Don't lay a solid line on the whole of EVERY edge. That looks too manufactured(again IMO)

5: Then spray your main color on the un-taped areas. Wait until that dries and clean up the PJ. Tape off the area you just painted and use the same process for the next color.

6: When you have all of your base colors down(here is my big secret I guess, as I have not really seen anyone else do it). I take a scouring pad and rub the whole thing quite liberally. This makes the glossy paint surface rough, that way it will accept the next stage more "naturally". I like to rub more in some spots to create smaller scratches for a more battle damaged look.

7: Then as you stated, I use watered down black paint and wash it over the entire surface little spots at a time and then wipe it off. Don't let it dry! I add more black to areas where grease and grim might "collect" after rough use and what not. After the black I like to rub my finger across the exposed silver areas to bring the silver out a bit more.

8: That's all there is to it. Practice makes perfect. Keep at it.

Oh god. I'm either literally drooling at your armor or because I just had my wisdom teeth yanked this morning. O___O

Your armor is amazing! How do you get the cuts on your foam stuff so smooth?

Dremel, It works wonders on that dang foam.

Oh my... I am literally drooling over your helmet. (Nothing to do with wisdom teeth, though. lol.)

You're doing a great job of this Prop! I'm curious, could i please see a picture of all the pieces together? Just sitting next to each other or something? I'm really digging your suit and the paint job and want to see how it all looks together.

Thanks and keep up the great work, Squish

OOooooo!!! You never seem to let me down on how well you're parts come out, Elite all the way. I'd even go as far as saying Epic

Thank you for taking the time to share you're hard work with us.

Okay, forget the artist comment, that isn't strong enough... Perhaps, god would be more effective. Wow.

For the watered down black-wash, do you use the acrylic/windex method or something else?

This armor is awesome!! Thanks for the paint job information; I think I will be trying to do it that way! Battle worn looks a lot better in my opinion, so good choice!

Thanks a ton for the help with the paint. I can tell by your description exactly why everything turns out so well. You use tried an true techniques but it is your extra commitment that really sets you apart.

Thanks again.

Ok, as requested, here are some pics of it all together. My girlfriend was "helping" me so I did the best I could. She didn't really know how the pieces were supposed to go. But we got them somewhat close. Ignore the fact that they're off a bit and that the neck foam fell down.

Progress13.jpg

Progress14.jpg

Progress15.jpg

Progress16.jpg

Progress17.jpg

Progress18.jpg

Progress13.jpg

Progress14.jpg

Progress15.jpg

Progress16.jpg

Progress17.jpg

Progress18.jpg

Prop,
Each new post just reminds why I love watching your progress. The pieces look great together. And I know that helm isn't for Jorge but it is fantastic anyway.

Ok, as requested, here are some pics of it all together. My girlfriend was "helping" me so I did the best I could. She didn't really know how the pieces were supposed to go. But we got them somewhat close. Ignore the fact that they're off a bit and that the neck foam fell down.

Wow. Damnit, now I have to figure out if I have time to try and do a paint job as awesome as yours in the little time I have to do my build.

Seriously though, that looks amazing, and will look super-freaking-[insert adverb here]-awesome when completed.
Good luck and keep up the great work, Squish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back