My Gears (cog) Armor - In Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ng31

Jr Member
Okay, well it seems that some people have started to build these suits, so I might as well let everyone know I've been working on some as of recent as well.

First off...I did not make these models or patterns, so DO NOT ask me for them...I will not give them to you.

Anyways, here's a pic of the thigh, calf, shoulder, and back of the chest as it sits now (out of chipboard, so I need to order more to continue) :

dsc01217ry0.jpg

I'll post more as I got...most of the shaping of these pieces will be done in the fiberglass process...they will be temporarily mounted to a padded duct tape dummy to get the correct curve.

lookin good. mine is coming along as well im thinking of starting my cog armor progress on monday. yours is gonna be good though. when did you start?

Spartan 051 said:
what cog soldier are you making?

spartan. that is your marcus fenix. you can tell by the cod peice. it is marcus. either that or hoffman.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spartan 051 said:
what cog soldier are you making?

Marcus. I mean, why not right...lol.

Also, I started this last week...basically, every piece took a day to get together...but I ran out of chipboard, so was forced to stop...lol.

Gearsofhalo said:
spartan. that is your marcus fenix. you can tell by the cod peice. it is marcus. either that or hoffman.
that not my cod peice. Epic didnt put that much detail in it

Watch out for the chest it takes for ever. I dont know how many pages yours is but it took me for ever for my files

Spartan 051 said:
that not my cod peice. Epic didnt put that much detail in it

Watch out for the chest it takes for ever. I dont know how many pages yours is but it took me for ever for my files

My patterns were actually made and patterned specifically for Pep, not game rips...so they are a lot easier.

Also, no, this is not my first armor set...I do a lot of costuming so...if anyone is interested - http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/m61208/

My old Spartan armor is there as well as a few Pyramid Heads and all that jazz...lol.

Update...

Chest back is finished, working on the front...it still needs to be joined to fix the distortion/twisting in the build, but it's an easy fix.

chest1oh3.jpg

Robogenisis said:
It's looking good so far. I'll be watching to see how it'll turn out :D.

Thanks Robo! Chest piece is complete, well the base at least...still need to add the beveled pieces and the belt loop...things near the lower waist. I'll get some more pics up later.

rvb4life said:
so....i can't have the source of where you got these files? not even for referencing purposes?

I was the one that made these files. They are made from this model
25.jpg

And as 4ng31 said, they will NOT be being released. So the bugging of him to release the files can be kept out of his thread. If you want to try your luck, you can PM me. But I will say right now, I have no intention of releasing the pep or 3d files for this. As of right now only 2 others other than myself have them at all. 4ng31, and one other.
This was a project I undertook specifically for 4ng31 and a few others, and as a segway into getting better at creating models specifically for the complications that arise between translating a 3d file into a real life model.

redragon74 said:
id fill the big circles w speakers :p

That's exactly what I thought they were when I first played the game. "Why do they have subwoofers on their chest?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back