Status
Not open for further replies.

Fisherk2

(SPANISH)
Buenos dias gente de la 405th, hoy tengo tiempo libre, asi que voy a subir todos mis progresos de mi otro cosplay del videojuego de Gears of War, en especifico, el de la armadura de la Coalicion basica (que lo llevan los soldados de la COG, Baird, Minh y los Carmine), con la variacion solamente de los cascos (que son los de los dos primeros Carmine).

Asi que, empecemos:p

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(ENGLISH W/TRANSLATOR BECAUSE MY ENGLISH IS A CRAP :()
Good morning people from the 405th, today I have free time, so I'm going to upload all my progress from my other cosplay from the Gears of War video game, specifically, the armor of the Basic Coalition (Armed by the COG soldiers , Baird, Minh and Carmines), with the variation only of the helmets (which are those of the first two Carmine).

So, let's start :p

Antes de comenzar, el orden de las fotos varia un poco para ordenarlos dependiendo de los pasos que haya avanzado, esto porque el casco de Benjamín lo termine después de terminar todo el cosplay.

Empece obviamente marcando y cortando el monton de piezas pequeñas que tenia el modelo:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before starting, the order of the photos varies a bit to order them depending on the steps you have advanced, this is because Benjamin's helmet is finished after finishing all the cosplay.

I started obviously marking and cutting the pile of small pieces that the model had:

Después, comencé armar las piezas mas simples y sencillas como las rodillas, handplates y hombros; de ahi las espinilleras y por ultimo pegarlo a las botas:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then, I started to put together the simplest and simplest pieces such as the knees, handplates and shoulders; from there the shin guards and finally stick it to the boots:

Hice una prueba de los zapatos para ver si estaba en la escala correcta ya que los personajes del juego tienen una anatomía desproporcionada con respecto a sus hombros y la altura de las piernas, la escala estaba bien, pero el tamaño del ancho de las botas no me convencieron del todo, así es que lo volví a hacer de nuevo con unos 10 cm de reducción aproximadamente.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did a test of the shoes to see if I was on the right scale since the characters in the game have an anatomy disproportionate to their shoulders and the height of the legs, the scale was fine, but the size of the boots was not they convinced me completely, so I did it again with about 10 cm reduction.

Luego comencé armar el pecho, pensaba hacerlo en dos partes por los brazos, pero podía entrar perfectamente con algún empuje en las caderas.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I started to assemble the chest, I thought to do it in two parts by the arms, but I could enter perfectly with some thrust in the hips.

Por atras y en la parte de los hombros faltaba terminar unas piezas, pero estaba en duda si hacer la cinta metalica con cinta de arnes o de Foam como en el modelo, al final mas adelante veran lo termine haciendo de Foam.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the back and in the part of the shoulders it was necessary to finish some pieces, but it was in doubt whether to make the metal tape with harness or Foam tape as in the model, at the end later you will see how it ends up making Foam.

Después de las pruebas, al fin empece con el armado de los cascos de Benjamin y Anthony Carmine :cool:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the tests, I finally started with the construction of the helmets of Benjamin and Anthony Carmine. :cool:

De aqui, lo siguiente fue planear agregar las texturas, tenia varios conflictos porque en algunas referencias tenian detalles diferentes al de las texturas de los modelos originales con algunos renders que encontre por la web, decidi basarme en las que mejor me acomodara y me diera mas facilidades con los materiales que tenia.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From here, the following was to plan to add the textures, I had several conflicts because in some references they had different details to the textures of the original models with some renders that I found on the web, I decided to base myself on the ones that best suited me and gave me more facilities with the materials that I had.

Comencé con las piezas mas pequeñas, de acuerdo con las referencias, empece agregar las texturas, no voy a mentir, tarde el doble haciendo las texturas que armándolo desde cero porque en el modelo original, estaba plano con polígonos muy básicos y tuve que agregar los detalles al ojo prácticamente, aunque bueno, las texturas que tenia el modelo me guiaron muchísimo.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I started with the smallest pieces, according to the references, I started adding the textures, I'm not going to lie, I later doubled the textures that were assembled from scratch because in the original model, I was flat with very basic polygons and I had to add the details to the eye practically, although good, the textures that the model had guided me a lot.

Cuando comencé con los cascos, tenia muchas dificultades porque no había muchas referencias (claro, tenia el juego y me guie un poco poniendo el personaje en las partidas privadas pero no ayudaba mucho la verdad).
Busque algunos cascos que ya se habian hecho por la comunidad y en base a esos hice los mios y quedo de esta manera (pondre la referencia y mi casco para que vean un poco la comparación).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I started with the helmets, I had many difficulties because there were not many references (of course, I had the game and I was guided a bit by putting the character in the private games but it did not help much the truth).

Look for some helmets that had already been made by the community and based on those I made mine and stay in this way (I will put the reference and my helmet to see a little comparison).

De ahí me pase al pecho, al inicio tuve un pequeño accidente que casi me me arruina la pieza entera, esto porque le metí la pistola de calor en algunas zonas y el detalle era que todo el armado lo había hecho con silicona y bueno :lol:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From there I went to the chest, at the beginning I had a small accident that almost ruined the whole piece, this was because I put the heat gun in some areas and the detail was that all the armed had done with silicone and so:lol:

Y bueno comencé llenando de texturas y detalles hasta que quedo algo asi:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And well I started filling with textures and details until something like this:

Después, comencé a pintar la armadura, como digo, el tono de colores varia mucho de versión de juego, entonce dije: "el original es mas azul claro que el remasterizado que es mas oscuro, entonces, voy a combinar los tonos para que quede mas o menos con un tono de azul industrial", para que no parezca que no sea muy falso y se vea como una pieza de lamina de aluminio.
Y elegí estos tonos:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then, I started painting the armor, as I say, the color tone varies a lot from the game version, then I said: "the original is more light blue than the remastered one that is darker, so, I'm going to combine the tones so that more or less with a tone of industrial blue ", so that it does not seem that it is not very false and it looks like a piece of aluminum foil.

And I chose these tones:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Azul Industrial Mate (Industrial Blue)

Aluminio/Cromo (Aluminum/Chrome)

Y quedo algo así:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
And it's something like this:

En la próxima semana subiré la otra mitad final de progreso, por el momento esto seria todo, espero que con este thread les ayude resolver algunas dudas o les anime hacer un cosplay de Gears of War :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the next week I will upload the other final half of progress, for the moment this would be all, I hope that with this thread it helps to solve some doubts or encourage them to do a cosplay of Gears of War :D

Muy buenos días a todos, bueno, he vuelto asi es que, continuamos con la explicación.
Bueno, con lo que quedamos, después de haber pintado la base de las piezas, comencé a darle la primer capa básica de colores simples de referencia, agregándole los colores gris, negro y aluminio en algunos retoques.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning everyone, well, I have returned so, we continue with the explanation.

Well, with what we were left, after having painted the base of the pieces, I started to give the first basic layer of simple reference colors, adding the colors gray, black and aluminum in some retouching.

Luego, aplique la segunda capa agregandole un efecto de "suciedad", esto lo aplica haciendo la tecnica de pincelado seco con esmalte de color negro.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then, apply the second layer adding a "dirt" effect, this is applied by doing the dry brush technique with black paint.

Y al final, le agregue otra capa con "daño" de batalla parecido a raspaduras en piezas metálicas; el método es el mismo, use el pincelado seco con pintura de color aluminio.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And in the end, I added another layer with battle "damage" similar to scrapes on metal pieces; The method is the same, use the dry brush with aluminum-colored paint.

Cuando termine de pintar los cascos, agregue los visores azules y le puse leds del mismo color, al igual que los cascos, esos leds se los agregue en el pecho.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I finish painting the helmets, add the blue visors and I put leds of the same color, like the helmets, those leds are added to the chest.

Y al ultimo, confeccione los accesorios con un undersuit algo básico, solo en la parte de la pelvis le agregue un tipo "calzon" y cintas de arnes en las piernas.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And at the end, I made the accessories with a basic undersuit, only in the part of the pelvis I add a "underpant" type and harness ribbons on the legs.

Y......eso es todo, este cosplay me encanto hacerlo porque me hizo usar mucho la cabeza con los detalles, las referencias y todo eso, tarde alrededor de 4 meses, menos en comparación que el de Halo 5, aunque bueno, les dejo aquí mi única red social que uso para subir mis progresos próximos: Knightmau5.

Espero que este thread les haya gustado, de ahí en mas, subiré progresos próximos de otros cosplays de Halo y de Overwatch, y tal vez un remake de uno de mis primeros cosplays, después les contare, nos vemos en otra ocasión :cool:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And ...... that's it, this cosplay I love doing it because it made me use my head a lot with the details, the references and all that, it takes about 4 months, less compared to the Halo 5, although good , I leave here my only social network that I use to upload my next progress: Knightmau5.

I hope that this thread has liked, from then on, I will upload next progress of other cosplays of Halo and Overwatch, and maybe a remake of one of my first cosplays, then I will tell you, see you another time :cool:

Hello! Your work is great! I am making Ben Carmine and I cannot find the files for all of this armor and his helmet anywhere - can you share these with me? I'd be super grateful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back