My H3 WIP Helmet (Complete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
feardrake said:
Is this metal glaze?

Nopes...sorry but that is not it!!

9601.jpg

This is the Metal Glaze that I am using! I am also using 417 Metal Glaze as well

Last edited by a moderator:
rvb18 said:
wow you guys love to kill a complement dontcha?

It wasn't a compliment. It's "positive racism" as it makes everybody who's not <given race> worse.

I love where you made it so far.

In such fast time might I add.

It just makes me want to see some more results soon (y)

Zaso117 said:
I love where you made it so far.

In such fast time might I add.

It just makes me want to see some more results soon (y)

Well I will be moving along on this ASAP and currently I have the Right side of the arms already done. I am currently working on the shins so by the end of this week I should have some pics up on the progress so far. From the looks of it I am quite pleased with what I have now. Maybe I can show some pics of how it looks now compared to how it looks without the Bondo?!?!?!

WetOkole said:
Nopes...sorry but that is not it!!

9601.jpg

This is the Metal Glaze that I am using! I am also using 417 Metal Glaze as well

Thats the same product I used... great stuff... takes some tricks to get it to work and stay put... but I prefer it over Bondo Body Filler.
Nice work so far BTW.

feardrake said:
Is this it? I just wanna know cause I cant find it (are they the same thing?)
Edit: Is metal/aluminum jelly the same thing?

No, neither of those are even close to the right product.
Metal glaze is most closely approximated by mixing Bondo Body Filler with Fiberglass Resin... "Rondo" or Mud....
It is essentially a polyester based material mixed with a resin.

Spase said:

Thats the same product I used... great stuff... takes some tricks to get it to work and stay put... but I prefer it over Bondo Body Filler.

Yes and it is actually because of you, that is why I started on this project. I just kept reading about your progress as you worked on through with Slyfo's helmet. I even used small sections and I used a marker to mark off the areas on where I would add the glaze. Much of my work was based on how you worked on your helmet so I give you big credit for showing what you used to make things a bit easier.

But, I would like to see where you are at now with your armor making!! I already seen how your helmet would look like with Adam's armor :whistle:

Spartan-343 said:
Hate to bump an old topic, but any updates? I'm lovin the way its turning out. Very smexy lol

Sorry I have no updates as of yet because the past couple of weeks, I have been getting ready for Inventory at my job and also I had a couple of Funerals that fell on my 2 sundays so I have not progressed much.

I can tell you what I have been doing though, but it seems that I am stuck atm. I am working on the shins and got stuck on the calf part since its not pefectly round and now it weighs about 4 pounds work of bondo. I am currently thinking on how I am gonna round it out and such. But I am also stuck because the ref pics I was using was of Halo 2 and I just happened to look at the Halo 3 pics and "WOW", major diff so I am trying to work around that. I will post some new pics this weekend and hopefully that will show you on what is stopping me atm!

WetOkole said:
Sorry I have no updates as of yet because the past couple of weeks, I have been getting ready for Inventory at my job and also I had a couple of Funerals that fell on my 2 sundays so I have not progressed much.

I can tell you what I have been doing though, but it seems that I am stuck atm. I am working on the shins and got stuck on the calf part since its not pefectly round and now it weighs about 4 pounds work of bondo. I am currently thinking on how I am gonna round it out and such. But I am also stuck because the ref pics I was using was of Halo 2 and I just happened to look at the Halo 3 pics and "WOW", major diff so I am trying to work around that. I will post some new pics this weekend and hopefully that will show you on what is stopping me atm!

Ouch sorry to hear about the funerals. Hope everything's K. As for the armor I'm sure you can figure something out, everything else is just plain beautiful. :D

****UPDATE****

Ok I know that I have been busy these past months but I hope I can make up for it with some some updates. I have a CON coming up...get this on the 18th, 19th, and 20th. My 501st group will be trooping on the 19th but we plan on doing open costumes on the 18th so I am gonna try and rush my suit for that day!!

I currently have my helmet and my 2 arms done and painted and I am currently working on the shins!! So I have the Diaper, Thighs, Torso and Boots.<-------THAT IS SOME WORK RIGHT THERE!!! But I will not make it detailed and use my dremel to make up some of the details. After Belakor motivated me to work even harder (he has a CON on the 19th as well) by showing some progress of his stuff, but he then decided to just make them smooth and add the details later, I am pretty much going for broke!

Ok enough of the talk, I will post a few pics but I will not be posting alot because of the time I am limited with and also I only can work on my armor for about 2 to 3 hours a day!!

I just finished cutting and glueing the 2nd shin and just resin and glassed the whole thing right away. I am using ROBO's shins by the way.

compareDSCF2701.jpg

compareF2700.jpg

The only thing diff when I was adding my reference lines was the H3 and H2 are both diff so that was the whole issue I was having and stopped progress on my work. (I am using the pics that MLC was using that is located on this site) What I have decided was go with a small change and go with the H2 with some details from the H3 model just so it won't look that plain. Here is the Ref I am talking about!!

compare23.jpg

Ok, sorry so long but I will try to get some new updates by this weekend!! WISH ME LUCK!!

Awesome armor. Great paint choice and detailing.

Is metal glaze anything like resin (2 parts to mix together?). Is it hard to sand and is is any stronger than bondo or mud?

There's a 501st group in Hawaii? Why havn't I heard or seen them anywhere? Do you need armor to join? Where do you meet?

Scooterkid said:
Awesome armor. Great paint choice and detailing.

Is metal glaze anything like resin (2 parts to mix together?). Is it hard to sand and is is any stronger than bondo or mud?

There's a 501st group in Hawaii? Why havn't I heard or seen them anywhere? Do you need armor to join? Where do you meet?

Metal Glaze is just like Bondo but when you place the Glaze on it tends to run a bit instead of staying in one place like Bondo! So yes its 2 parts mixed together. I have currently used 3 bottles so far for my suit and I am not close to done but it does help out the smoothing a bit

As for the 501st in Hawaii...yes Hawaii has a 501st but we only about 5 or 6 of us suit up for any trooping. We marched at the Kapolei Parade and also did a showing for the Toys 4 Tots last year. YES you need Armor to join the 501st and it has to be a SW approved costume. We meet all over the place and there is not one certain place we meet....Do you live in Hawaii as well???

That shin is looking good so far! It's also good to hear you're going all out and doing the detailing now, should make it look that much better :)
I'm definitely hoping you'll get it done in time for your troop and will keep my eye out for any updates :D

Oh yeah, good luck!! :cool:

Metal Glaze is just like Bondo but when you place the Glaze on it tends to run a bit instead of staying in one place like Bondo! So yes its 2 parts mixed together. I have currently used 3 bottles so far for my suit and I am not close to done but it does help out the smoothing a bit

Sorry for all my questions but I still have a few more:
Is it more expensive than bondo?
Does it make the armor more durable?
Where can it be bought?

@Wet: Yeah... I am modifying the chest I have from Adam's molds a bit to be one piece, while working on a Recon helmet, while also working on a few other projects... I don't post pictures much anymore until things are finished... it's just pictures of the same process but different pieces, kind boring to look at. Plus with the behind the scenes stuff I stay pretty busy around here... lots to read and discuss...

Everything is coming together nicely though with the Muckle casts, last piece to work is the chest and shoes though... soon... very soon..

Glad to see you're back into your project.

@Scooterkid: Yes the Metal Glaze is more expensive than Bondo by volume... no it doesn't make your armor any more durable... and you should be able to purchase it from a local auto parts store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back