My Mark VI "Sister" Build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my gloves came in. Theyre the right length, but the top of them where its hard kinda doesnt allow for much mobility and hurts a bit (scrapes my knuckles.) I might end up returning them, but well see.
Picture25.png

Got to resining the outside of my armor tonight. I got all of it done except for the chest piece, shoulders, and helmet (the shoulders and helmet I dont even have pepped yet.)

Most of the pieces have yet to cure so I dont have pics yet, but when they do I'll make sure to post some.

For now heres what I have done:
Picture26.png

Nice work! Just remember to take things slow :) Fiberglass and bondo can end up in a huge mess.. But sounds like it went great!! Hope to see some pictures of the fiberglassed armor soon!!

Make sure to watch some great tutorials about RONDOing.. mixture of bondo and fiberglass and just pour it into the armor-- its very simple...

Great job so far!! The helmet can become a pain... make sure to not get it warped-- pep it good!! To me the helmet makes the suit... everyone will notice it- so take it slow and do it amazingly like the rest of your suit!!

I love those gloves, I used to use those for biking.
They're really sturdy and (when you get a version in your size) they feel great.

So overnight everything cured 100% and is pretty hard for paper. I tried some of it on and its definitely a pretty tight fit, I might end up sanding the inside area of the shins down cause Its hard to slip my foot through. I can see how mobility can be pretty limited in these builds lol. Anyway heres pics of the resin'd stuff (doesnt look to different) and some of it on.
Photo257.jpg

Picture10.png

Nice work! Just remember to take things slow :) Fiberglass and bondo can end up in a huge mess.. But sounds like it went great!! Hope to see some pictures of the fiberglassed armor soon!!

Make sure to watch some great tutorials about RONDOing.. mixture of bondo and fiberglass and just pour it into the armor-- its very simple...

Great job so far!! The helmet can become a pain... make sure to not get it warped-- pep it good!! To me the helmet makes the suit... everyone will notice it- so take it slow and do it amazingly like the rest of your suit!!

I decided that I'm not goingto fiberglass it and instead rondo the inside.
And I watched Ben Streeper's great video on resining, rondoing, and bondoing so I'm pretty clear on how to do it. thanks

I love those gloves, I used to use those for biking.
They're really sturdy and (when you get a version in your size) they feel great.

Yeah the look of the gloves are great! And the size I got was good too, theyre just kinda uncomfortable on my knuckles and dont have to much mobility for me. When I'm goingto end up wearing a bunch of stuff that I cant move in I kinda at least want to have my hands free xD

Try putting your shins on backwards and spinning them around. It avoids you having to bend your foot past the indented bit in the back.

Try putting your shins on backwards and spinning them around. It avoids you having to bend your foot past the indented bit in the back.

Thanks for the tip. I tried it and it works, but I still have some trouble with it. Gonna have to do a bit of sanding in there

I like those gloves. If the mobility thing really bugs you and you're winning to spend a little more, there's a ton of options. Mechanix gloves, pilot gloves, regular ol bicycle gloves, ect.

I also found these:http://www.amazon.com/3483-Kevlar-Tactical-Gloves-Medium/dp/B003BVZUDM/ref=sr_1_12?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1322398970&sr=1-12
They have the armored look- but it's just leather. No scraping on your hands and lots of flexibility.

Thats the problem, I love the look of them, but I figure that im goingto be uncomfortable in the entire suit and that I at least want to have my hands free! Im not looking to spend to much on them (25-30 tops) and I think those gloves you posted are a good alternative and look pretty comfortable. Ill have to look into maybe getting those

heres a pic of the helmet 90% done. It may look a little bit big but its actually a good size, the pic makes it look kinda big. I scaled this one at 265 mm tall (thankyou bexi and longshot for help on figuring out that measurement) after building a helmet scaled at 250 mm high which turned out too small.

Photo259.jpg

It all looks like it's coming along nicely. You're well on you're way to a great looking suit.

Awesomeness! Great job I must say, Personally disliking pep'n Armor but its a necessary evil...

heya thanks! I'm actually starting to not mind pepping! Guess thats a sign that ive done waay to much of it lol.

It all looks like it's coming along nicely. You're well on you're way to a great looking suit.

thankyou thorn :D

Your progress looks awesome! I actually think my helmet is at 265mm too.

Question: Where'd you get the progress picture from post #283?

Yeah I think that 265 is a pretty medium/general size that a lot of people used for their helmets. I saw it pop up a lot on the forums.

And that progress picture is one that I made myself from a pic off google (I used photoshop to make the key on the side and add the colors.) I'm sure that you can do the same thing in MS paint. All that I did was lower the opacity on a brush with the correct color and paint over the areas that I wanted.
Heres the blank original if you want to show your own progress!

Picture15.png

Hey guys! So the undersuit I ordered finally came in the mail today, I was pretty excited!
I ordered a size small and it fits and looks PERFECT. Really glad that I went with this model and size. Anyway here are some pics since some people requested them: sorry about bad lighting!

Photo267-1.jpg

Photo265.jpg

Photo263.jpg

Photo271.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back