My Mark VI "Sister" Build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some pics of my chest piece, helmet, and undersuit on to see how they look together. I just wanted to get some opinions about the helmet size and wether or not it looks too big compared to the chest piece.
Take into account that I dont have my shoulders on (which will make the chest piece look a bit bigger.) And that the visor probably wont be as tall as the pepped one currently in place

Photo275.jpg

Photo277.jpg

Here are some pics of my chest piece, helmet, and undersuit on to see how they look together. I just wanted to get some opinions about the helmet size and wether or not it looks too big compared to the chest piece.
Take into account that I dont have my shoulders on (which will make the chest piece look a bit bigger.) And that the visor probably wont be as tall as the pepped one currently in place

Photo275.jpg

Photo277.jpg
I think it looks good, dudette.

I think it looks good, dudette.

thankya!

it looks good but are you sure the chest is big enough?? I may just not be looking at it right though

Yeah the helmet makes the chest piece look a little small, but going any bigger with the chest piece makes it to wide for my shoulder width and then I can't fit my shoulder pieces on without them bumping into the chest piece :/

At first glance the chest may look a little small but I'm wondering if part of that is that the helmet looks a little tall perhaps? That would likely be due to the flexibility of the pepped helmet. Besides, few of us have anything resembling Master Chief's proportions so as long as the pieces fit then I'd say you're golden. And like you mentioned, those shoulders will go a long ways in evening things out. Looks good so far!

arent there female Mark VI pep files. sorry if not but i think it would fit the curvature of the female body better and may just solve the whole "shoulder" dilema:)

At first glance the chest may look a little small but I'm wondering if part of that is that the helmet looks a little tall perhaps? That would likely be due to the flexibility of the pepped helmet. Besides, few of us have anything resembling Master Chief's proportions so as long as the pieces fit then I'd say you're golden. And like you mentioned, those shoulders will go a long ways in evening things out. Looks good so far!

haha thats exactly what I was thinking, that the helmet visor area looks tall. I might try to make some minor modifications before I resin it to make it a little bit shorter. Thanks flor

i think it looks great, and the shoulders will make it all look perfect ^^

keep up the good work ma'am !

thankyou draak! I think that the shoulders will help too

arent there female Mark VI pep files. sorry if not but i think it would fit the curvature of the female body better and may just solve the whole "shoulder" dilema:)

Ehhh there are female mark vi pep files, but I really prefer the classic master chief models. Maybe my next suit will be a female reach spartan though, (kat perhaps?) xD

where did you find that under suit

Off of amazon. On this page of my thread there's a discussion on undersuits with links to several good ones. Make sure to check out the pages after that one, some 405thers posted pics of their undersuits as well

nice project, about the proportions of chest and helmet I think its ok, but if you want to change something dont make the chest bigger, or you will end like me who cant barely move the arms haha
keep the good work

nice project, about the proportions of chest and helmet I think its ok, but if you want to change something dont make the chest bigger, or you will end like me who cant barely move the arms haha
keep the good work

thankyou sang. I agree that if I really need to I will make the chest a tiny bit larger, but the fit is right so perhaps Ill just modify the helmet size slightly.

Proportions look great. Build looks like its coming along really well. Ha i have suspended my progress until Christmas

Thanks Duckster! Christmas break will give you a lot of concentrated time to work on your build without having to worry about school and other stuff, so that makes sense

Yea college finals are a killer. Are you gonna make any weapons to go along with the suit? I'm trying to decide between the Reach Shotgun or DMR.I have a lot of ideas for my build ha and they're all floating around right now.

Yea college finals are a killer. Are you gonna make any weapons to go along with the suit? I'm trying to decide between the Reach Shotgun or DMR.I have a lot of ideas for my build ha and they're all floating around right now.

Well I dont really want to pep a gun, so I'm goingto do a nerf gun mod. I'll be using a nerf recon cs-6 (heres a pic) and make it into a sniper, or an smg. I think a sniper might get a bit large to carry around xD

But also a bit awesome yah? For some reason it's one of my favorite looking weapons.

Haha yeah it is mighty cool looking. Although I'm not very good at using them in game :p

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:
I just finished rondoing my thigh pieces, front boot covers, and hand plates

Due to my first batch of rondo (that I did a week ago) not curing properly due to the fact that it is 35 degrees outside, I have turned my bathroom into a drying station! I basically do all of the rondoing and resining out in my garage where it is ventilated, and then move the rondo'd pieces into the warm bathroom where there is a window and an overhead fan for ventilation! Its working out really well, and just to make sure that everything cures properly I put a heater into the bathroom as well.

Heres a pic :D :

Photo272.jpg

you are only going with rondo you to? resin outside and inside and then rondo inside?? just asking for my project :) nice progress and pep so far missy :)

you are only going with rondo you to? resin outside and inside and then rondo inside?? just asking for my project :) nice progress and pep so far missy :)

I resin'd the outside and then rondo'd the inside. And when I'm done rondoing the inside I will use Bondo body filler on the outside where I want curves and sand the area down. The other option is to use resin covered fiberglass on the inside, I just chose to use Rondo instead because its much easier and fiberglass can hurt xD Good luck on your build though and thanks! If you have any questions I can try to answer them

Just be really careful with the rondo inside. As long as you can still smell the fumes they are dangerous. fortunately it cures pretty quickly in the right heat. Kudos for ingenuity :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back