My Odst Helmet(not A Tutorial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joealtair3000

this is only the beggining i hope to fiberglass and spray paint it

all tips and advice are welcomed

Last edited by a moderator:
redo the helmet using cardstock, firbreglass inside and resin the outside. then bondo it and get rid of all the nasty polygon shapes. i have a h2 odst in production at the moment just needs a paint job and a visor. but mine is a lot nicer to look at than the polygon knightmare i used to create it. i have done the cardboard thing b4 it does work but it is easier and looks a lot cleaner if ya use cardstock. if you fibreglass this helm it will be a waste of money.

muffinman868 said:
you had the cardstock printed out why didn't you use it?!?!?!
i beleive it was normal printer paper pasted to cerial boxes.

thanks for all the comments guys but what is cardstock i have never heard :unsure: of it and cannot find it anywhere btw
i live in uk london if u no where i could by it that would be great

Matthijs said:
There's also a HD ODST pep file, I'd make that one, and fiberglass that one.

where could i find this hd armour my holiday is coming up soon so ill have some time

don't worry i we in england can't get cardstock we get card (basically just thicker paper is all cardstock is) for cardstock which is 110lb we need 120-150gsm packs of paper for better explination Paper weight conversion(all cred goes to Ilikecats)

u really shouldn't double post mate u can get warnings for it
for best results use the H3 odst by NZ-TK on the pep indexpep index
just make sure to resize in pepakura first so that it fits your head

if you can not figure out how too scale the helmet PM me and i will help you out. their is a sticky for scaling armor but it is for a certain armour file.

but it is good to try, but that helmet can be tricky abit.

joealtair3000 said:
thanks for all the comments guys but what is cardstock i have never heard :unsure: of it and cannot find it anywhere btw
i live in uk london if u no where i could by it that would be great

Do they have walmarts in london?

ALL HAIL WALMART FOR YOUR CARDSTOCK NEEDS!!!!

reactor beam said:
Do they have walmarts in london?

ALL HAIL WALMART FOR YOUR CARDSTOCK NEEDS!!!!

erm walmart is US only

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Yes, here's a tip:

Use CardSTOCK, not CardBOARD.

well the thing is... most of the people that make cardboard armor do it becuase they are not allowed to by there parents includeing the fiberglass and resin(teenagers, or little kids), also becuase cardboard is easier to work with (i was told).

If you are good with cardboard and got plenty of it, I don't see why not using it. A little hard to bend, but it beats normal paper. You can always smooth it out with bondo later.

KnightStalker said:
well the thing is... most of the people that make cardboard armor do it becuase they are not allowed to by there parents includeing the fiberglass and resin(teenagers, or little kids), also becuase cardboard is easier to work with (i was told).

Does Aqua Resin ring a bell?
And I believe Cardboard should be used for scratchbuilding, not pepping.

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Does Aqua Resin ring a bell?
And I believe Cardboard should be used for scratchbuilding, not pepping.
he may not know what is, i just recently heard about it. Why dont you explain what aqua resin is.

nvm i will. Aqua resin is bsically a non toxic resin that holds just about the same as normal resin. that wasnt hard was it?

KnightStalker said:

yeah im a teen but my parents dont mind me usin fibreglass and all that and about the cardstock i found some but in england they call it printer card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back