My Rogue And C.q.b. Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woohoo!! My Rogue helmet is completed! (y) Hope you guys like it! Let me know what you think, enjoy as always.

0115091758.jpg

0115091759.jpg

you are amazing sir. As I mentioned when you texted me the picture (at midnight I might add) absolutely amazing. or Amas.. depending on what text you read lol.

Your going to be sad because I havent worked on my helmet hardly at all. I've got part of the inside covered in resin, and i was planning on doing some more today but then i got distracted by things like making blankets, and sewing, and doing laundry. XD

I hope to see it in person soon. It makes me wish for my helmet to be done so we can be super awesome together.

Fantastic dude. I had no doubts that this would be done very soon, and I was right! Utterly amazing. Can't wait to see the rest of this awesome-sauce-coated suit! (y)

Here's a little update on how my forearm is turning out. In order from top to bottom, Primed, Main color and weathered, Then the rough metal look added to it. Hope you like, enjoy!

0117091745a.jpg

0117092217.jpg

0117092223_0001.jpg

i always love how you do the "worn" look for your armor.
Super jealous of how fast you are moving.. you so totally have to help me out with the "details" of my helmet.

I LOVE the weathering you've done!

Is there a specific tutorial you've followed? Perhaps you can make your own and we can all be as l33t as you! :p

Also, how have you padded the armor?

z4xx0r said:
I LOVE the weathering you've done!

Is there a specific tutorial you've followed? Perhaps you can make your own and we can all be as l33t as you! :p

Also, how have you padded the armor?

Well I watched the video of Adam painting his torso, yet it wasn't a tutorial, it helped me out a lot. Maybe I can sum it up for you quickly. First, Prime the piece of armor you're painting, then use Rust-oleum satin type of paint for your base color, and for your secondary color paint. To add the black weathered look, I used Black Rust-oleum Primer, also make sure you have a shower like wash cloth to wipe the primer off with. Just do it in sections at a time and then wipe off as much to your liking. Once you've finished with the black primer, take your original base color and lightly spray the piece of armor again. Don't spray too close to the armor, you want to kind of mist it. Then once all of the paint is dry, I take a small paintbrush and silver Hammered Rust-oleum paint and spray the hammered paint onto the brush. You paint the silver on the sharp edges of your armor only. This should give the armor that metal look. This is just how I do it, there could be other ways, and I'm sure there are, but this has worked really well for me so far. Look on youtube to find Adam's video to get kind of an idea on how to approach it.

For the padding, I used cotton foam, which can be bought from Wal-mart. Then I bought a felt like material, Which also came from Wal-mart. Both should be found around the craft section in the store (this is where my Wal-mart in my area keeps it.) With both the materials, I would cut the foam out accordingly to the piece of armor I need it for, cut out the felt to fit around the cotton, and sew it all together. Then just hot glue the padding in. Hope I was of some help and good luck! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the awesome feedback guys, here's some pictures of the rest of the armor that I've been working on in the shadow of my helmet and my forearms updates. First to last, Fiberglass in my torso, then upper right arm followed by the C.Q.B. shoulder, lastly front and back pictures of my forearms. Enjjjjooooyyyyyy!!!! :lol:

0120091406.jpg

0120091407.jpg

0120091407b.jpg

0120091607.jpg

0120091407a.jpg

Spidur said:
awesome work so far, looking pretty awesome. Question, Did you use a scale at all for the HD forearms?

I just measured my arm from my wrist to just above my elbow with measuring tape, then scaled it accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back