My SB ODST Armor Finished, Finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gracias. It's Tamiya Dark Gunmetal. Primed gray, base coated with metallic quicksilver, followed by dull black and then the gunmetal to top it off and dull coated to finish. The metallic quicksilver was used as a base and left to dry the longest as should the armor get scratched, the silver will show through, instead of the original black plastic, recreating a more 'real' worn look.

I knew somebody would go the direction in painting, as it wears down it looks like it's been through hell. I used the same method on a few of my Model kits then hit them with a fine grit sand out my paint gun. Tamiya is great for military looks. Nice job.

I was thinking about incorporate a safariland-holser or something similar when I get around to making my armour pieces, but I'm unsure about if it'll work. My idea so far have been to fasten the plate on the inside of the thighprotector and the actual holsterpiece on the outside. What do you think about that? Do you think it's viable?

I was thinking about incorporate a safariland-holser or something similar when I get around to making my armour pieces, but I'm unsure about if it'll work. My idea so far have been to fasten the plate on the inside of the thighprotector and the actual holsterpiece on the outside. What do you think about that? Do you think it's viable?

It sounds doable but your thigh plate has to be reinforced to handle the weight of the kydex holster and attachment plate to prevent 'tearing'.

congratulations on the epic build of the kit Tim, you've done a heckuva job on this. Is the chest emblem a decal or is it stenciled? Also i heard you mention needing the thighs to be flexible but reinforced in some way. You should glue in thin EVA foam on the underside.. It works wonders to reinforce and makes the parts more comfortable to wear too.

I'll have the backpacks ready for ordering very soon. I'm just trying to wrap up all current orders prior to launching a new item. You're going to love these, functional and fully accurate.

Again congratulations on the great build. I'd love to see some pics of your whole group together sometime, I bet it's pretty impressive!

-Sean

Thanks Sean and I'll look into the EVA foam.

As for the backpacks, you know it bro. My team is awaiting your Go signal. :)

Thanks again! And the majority of the team will be in armor for Singapore's Comic Con in December, will get some group pics for you then!

Stay safe,

Tim.

This is awsome man! That paint job is awsome!

Jacob

PS - Sean , I am trying to contact you through PM but cant because your inbox is full. Thanks man!

Absolutly outstanding man! Mine is still in its early early stages but you've inspired me to get a move on! :) Great work again!

Very impressive ODST build. This inspires me to start one... but I should probably finish my other projects first.

Absolutely love it! I have the same question as SB, actually: is the chest emblem a decal or stenciled?

AgainI had to take a look at how you kept all your parts from sagging, whether it be nylon straps or Elastic bands. How did you do that?
Just trying to get an idea do strap up my suit when ready.

As promised, here I am, weathered...:) I'm right in the centre...

P1000246.jpg

And to answer your Q's:

It's a decal. :)

I used a combination of chicago screws, velcro, ITW buckles and MOLLE 'speed clip' style hooks to attach my armor to each other.

Stay safe,

Tim.

Attachments

• P1000246.jpg
    P1000246.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 131
Thanks bro! I can't say but quite a few? :) The last set I did for my teammate took me 5 days, 8 hours per day, including paint. Mine was an ongoing process in between everyone elses armor. :D

That was the standard issue visor supplied by Sean B with his Helmet Kits. Besides the extras on it and the paintjob, I had another smoked visor installed behind the shaped visor to prevent cam flash face exposure. :)

Thanks everyone, for the kudos. More pics in this link:

ODST Combat Drop

Sorry to be a noob here, but how did you do your visor? it looks really good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back