my winterised EOD combo (just started)

Status
Not open for further replies.

my winterised EOD combo (almost finished)

well, so far i have changed my idea from EVA (the visor is too difficult) to an EOD helm, and then decided, that a winter como sceme would look cool, so far, i have (all in low res) the legs, and pelvis, and part of the torso pepped.

but a big problem is that i am really really really really skinny, i mean doctors even give me a funny look, so i have a big problem that the arms are way too loose, especialy the upper arms (which i scrapped, and have yet to start again)

so is there anyway to overcome this problem?

HOW THIS THREAD WILL WORK!!! <---------------------------- READ!!!
this thread will work by me updating this first post with important info that i want to put up, but if people ask questions, i will add a new post in response which will contain images.

(overal progress)

progress2ks.png

well, my second attempt EVER of using fibre glass, and even though it has a few stones and bristles in it, it kept its shape and is good, just need some wall and car body filler.
dfh

sany0107j.jpg
sany0107j.jpg

i origonaly made my chest piece using the low res files, but thought it would look nicer to mod them, so here are my modded chest piece pics

sany0110c.jpg

WE ALL LOVE THIS GUN RIGHT?
it took me only 2 days, and i didnt resin it so its fragile as hell, but for a last min prop, its worth it, especialy to look cool. this is just the basic AR pep an sprayed in silver and black.

sany0166f.jpg

updated : 14:25 GMT 12/09/2010
hit a wall, no more resin, and no more money, so cant do any more for a long time. cant strengthen, GRP, so i cant do any forming, and im also out of primer

updated : 20:35 GMT 12/09/2010

here is the right thigh, the only bit to be formed and fibreglasses so far. the grey is where my rubbish primer ran out, well there wasnt any there anyway.

i dremeld in some detail, just needs paint, some rivets and fake straps :)

sany01012.jpg

(im such a poser)

sany0185j.jpg

sany0188j.jpg

(lol)
sany0190q.jpg

65483137446290012617884.jpg

updated : 13:10 GMT 13/09/2010

well, i have my first piece almost complete, it is formed and painted, and may i say, i really messed this one up. but at least it dosent look too bad. i can always repain it once i get my painting skills up. at lest i messed up a thigh though, not a whole torso or helm!

updated : 15:28 GMT 13/09/2010

i decided that the thigh was just too angular, so have started the forming again, on top of what is already there, and the paint job just want working.

updated : 11:59 GMT 17/09/2010

even though the forming was really angular, there is nothing i can do to get it back the way it was without loads of work, so i have left the right thigh as it was, just need to re paint it. hopefuly my under armour will arrive soon, my other stuff just didnt arrive and then got canceled

updated : 15:18 GMT 18/09/2010

well, i have finaly finised my first piece. after re painting it, it dosent look too bad and i have the inner thigh pieces put in, made out of foam, and they work an=mazing. check it out on page 3 near the top

updated : 17:06 GMT 20/09/2010

well, my "under armour" arrived, a apparently small boiler suit, but it was medium. so the company gave me a refind, but didnt want it back (how kind) they had no small ones, so i have gone about "Modifying" the one i have, and so far, its turrning out quite well. there will be pictures if it turns out good.

updated : 21:51 GMT 20/09/2010

well, i was joking in another thread that where i live is so rough that if i went out in my armour i would get stabbed and shot, then arrested, but looks like it could have been true, someone was shot about 30M from where i live. no wonder the police helicopter was above my house!

updated : 13:40 GMT 02/12/2010

wow. i habnt been here in 3 months! well. its back on track, an have got a huge urge to get it done. its not going to be good, and there are laready problems (the torso isnt "flexible" enough, but i got a heater, and a garage, so the snow wont get in my way.

i have to get this done by the 22nd, so prepare for lots of updates (though not pictures)

updated : 17:29 GMT 03/12/2010

well. i have just his a huge "No shirt" moment where i have realised that coating my pieces in filler was almost a complete waste of time, as i would then sand it down afterwards, EXACLY like i can do to the raw fibreglassed pep.
this means that it is likely that i will get it done in time, and that i might get the helm done after all!

updated : 16:28 GMT 04/12/2010

i am so happy. for once in my life, everything is going right. not just that, im ahead, as you can see from my lovely diagram, i have got so far that im already undercoating some of the pieces! everything has a layer of resin, and there is just a few more days of fibreglass and i will be rid of that evil stuff!

just the arms, pelvis and (i decided that i should) helm to fibreglass, so for all you hardcore EOD fans, there will be another EOD helm out there! (though just the oldone, not the dhiny new reach one, and it will be low quality)

updated : 22:14 GMT 04/12/2010

well. i started work on an AR and already have it pepperd (page 4) and hopefully this will be a nice quick cheap n nasty prop, so if i sit on it it dosent matter.

updated : 16:22 MGT 05/12/2010

well. i already have some of the pieces almos painted. though i hit a big setback. im out of glass, resin and hardner, so i was unable to fibreglass the rest of the lower leg and the shoulder pieces, which is annoying becuase that will put me behind schedule, but i was able to paint the AR, so hopefully there will be pics XD

though on a schedule note, the speed at which i am painting (and the success) means that i should get it all done on time. so im happy

updated : 19:52 GMT 07/12/2010

i have got the torso, left thigh and one of the lower legs painter in the lovely "digital" snow camo (well, tike Sgt forges' armour in halo wars (the winter one)) and even though the grey is a little dark, it does wonders for breaking up all the horrible lines on the armour, so ready yourself for pics (as i always say, but never produce)

updated : 16:40 GMT 09/12/2010

havnt updated in a while
the torso is 100%, the right leg is 100%, the left thigh is done, and just needs the lower to be painted and rigged, but to ghet the lower half to 100% i need the pelvis, which is currently drying outside after its last coat of spray paint. so tomorrow the legs will be 100% and there WILL be pics
its just the arms now, and i have started to GRP the upper arms, but they are taking a while to dry, so hopefully tomorrow they will be ok.

updated : 16:41 GMT 10/12/2010

holy holy! look at all that green on the progress image. im sooo happy. i also gotboth upper arms grpd, and a tiny part of one of the lower arem. looks like the helm is a go!

updated : 16:00 GMT 12/12/2010

well well well. im almost done. just a bit more paint. everything is fibreglassed and sanded. everything has an under coat, and the helm is a go. just the forearms and the helm :p

updated : 12:55 GMT 29/12/2010

im back!!! and its completed. not going to say why i was banned just follow the rules!!! and i got it finished. its not as good as most of the stuff here (which makes me cry) but everyone else though it was super, so im happy.

^ Agree with rvb18. You can use a lot of foam padding from a craft store. Or, if you say even doctors look at you funny perhaps you may want to look at changing your diet. Not joking.

You'll probably have to adjust the part after you make it. For example get the height to fit you properly and after it's built trim down the width to fit you better. The other option is to build one from scratch out of card board or card stock to fit your body type using the file as a template.

I got the same problem dude. I did scout upper arms for mine. There is no back on the so they just strap on. for any of the others just cut down the part that wraps around your arm. Make sure you can still fit into it with your under armor on. When you get the chest and back build the while thing like normal then cut down the "straps" that connect the two parts across the bottom.

thanks people, lots of gret help, and @huge holder, i have had multiple tests, and they say there is nothing wrong, just i am healthy (i do loads ofexercise and eat the corect amount)

pictures! woop (nothing special, i bet EVERONE has got this far far faster than i)

sany0103.jpg
sany0103.jpg
sany0103.jpg

sany0103.jpg
sany0103.jpg

Looking good, most people make a helmet or gun and never go on to finish the armor. It can take up to 2 years to finish a suit depending how much time you spend on it each day - so most people end up quitting. See this through to the end.

A special not about the sizing, keep in mind you're going to be wearing underarmor and a pressure suit. The pressure suit is going to bulk you up and give you the appearance of muscles whether you have them or not. I highly recommend buying the pressure suit first so you can make sure your arm/chest scaling is correct.

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/18...rotective-Gear/Sette-Impact-Pressure-Suit.htm

Cheers,
Kensai

Last edited by a moderator:
just peped the helm, and its fits (though my colosal ears get in the way a bit)

sany0105.jpg

(p.s. i dont think hayabusa is stoopud)

well, when i thought it was going well, the sun was out, it was 21C so the resin would work, i just got the right thigh fibre glassed, then Drip, Drip, RAIN!! and no more resin!
oh well, there is always under armour to start, and to pep the boots.
ps, how far down your chest should the torso go?

well, my second attempt EVER of using fibre glass, and even though it has a few stones and bristles in it, it kept its shape and is good, just need some wall and car body filler.
dfh

sany0107j.jpg
sany0107j.jpg

i origonaly made my chest piece using the low res files, but thought it would look nicer to mod them, so here are my modded chest piece pics

sany0110c.jpg

sany0111r.jpg

yes the chest is only half coated in resin, it started to rain so i had to go in.

update on the thigh. i have stolen AceNat's idea to do the inner thigh part, and it has turned out very well, turning a rarther failed thigh into one that looks alright

sany0109w.jpg

the silver is just the undercoat

this is the stuff

pk%204%20EVA%20Foam%20Floor%20Mats%2024.95%209.95.jpg

its called EVA foam (lol) and i got it from ebay for really really cheap. they come in huge 600mm x 600mm squares, so you only need to buy one. look around a bit because alot of places will rip you off and ps, i made templates out of paper before i started to cut into the foam, once it is cut, you cant go back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back