Name that Armor........ It's the ARGUS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could never really do the pepakura paper, folding all those flaps, creasing, fingers hurt thinking about it, but you make it damn sexy, lookin' good Dirtdives!

Your fingers hurt just from thinking about it.......How do you think I feel? I'm the one doing it......arthritis and all........joking about the arthritis......but it does take a long time for me to finish 1 piece. Thanks for the compliment.

Your fingers hurt just from thinking about it.......How do you think I feel? I'm the one doing it......arthritis and all........joking about the arthritis......but it does take a long time for me to finish 1 piece. Thanks for the compliment.
You are the welcome sire

I turned it into a meme

Attachments

• armormeme.jpg
    armormeme.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 286
This is going up on the wall of memes for sure but I think it can wait till I get the whole thing finished..........and wouldn't it be called HALOmon? Even on my best day.....I don't think I'll fit into one of those balls.

I'll have my new 3D printer!!!!! And then start printing out my sniper rifle. That would take a world of pressure off of me because I am really dreading the building of the Argus helmet......and I'm thinking of doing it in 3D....... The test piece will be the prop first.

If I may give my humble opinion....I would definitely recommend printing the helemet. I just finished mine on my printer and am super happy with it. Took almost a week to print but was worth not having to fight with pep (or foam in my case). That said, I'm not great at accuracy and details with pep and foam but I want all the details....not a great combo without a 3D printer lol

I have to see what deals I can find.....especially today........I really want to get a 3D printer......Wait, James, you said you just finished printing your helmet.....did you print an Argus helmet?

I have to see what deals I can find.....especially today........I really want to get a 3D printer......Wait, James, you said you just finished printing your helmet.....did you print an Argus helmet?
I did just finish printing it. It isn't an Argus, it's a CQC modeled for me by the wonderful MoeSizzlac

20191124_174048.jpg

If you want a printer that can fit a full helmet you should look at a CR10S.
I have 2 Ender 3's and they're great but can't get a helmet on them. This one was printed on my CR10S5 which is even bigger than the 10S. I can fit an entire chest piece (front and back) on it with room to spare.

Just cause it's fun...
Argus.jpg

Of course that isn't really printable at the moment. All I could find was a pdo which was really low res, and this which is the game asset and isn't hollow for a head.
But still...
That's 15 inches from left to right, 14 from front to back and 15 top to bottom. So it's rather large haha

Just cause it's fun...
View attachment 281123

Of course that isn't really printable at the moment. All I could find was a pdo which was really low res, and this which is the game asset and isn't hollow for a head.
But still...
That's 15 inches from left to right, 14 from front to back and 15 top to bottom. So it's rather large haha
That looks like a nightmare to post process if it was printed like that :O

Save your sanity, split that model up!

MoeSizzlac has this in the 3D thread and said that it wasn't ready for printing and needed a ton of TLC to get it print ready......TLC I have no knowledge of how to do.....yet. But remember James, the size indicated includes the mounted cameras....those add a lot of inches to the helmet so I might not bee that large.....in fact, it might be tight for an average size head or just fitting.......only measuring from the side of the helmet body and not the cameras will determine the correct scale to build at.....at least that is what I told myself when I printed out my templates......

MoeSizzlac has this in the 3D thread and said that it wasn't ready for printing and needed a ton of TLC to get it print ready......TLC I have no knowledge of how to do.....yet. But remember James, the size indicated includes the mounted cameras....those add a lot of inches to the helmet so I might not bee that large.....in fact, it might be tight for an average size head or just fitting.......only measuring from the side of the helmet body and not the cameras will determine the correct scale to build at.....at least that is what I told myself when I printed out my templates......
Oh for sure.
I put this in Armorsmith and quickly sized it to what I had measured for my friends head. So it's close-ish. But yeah, with those cameras it'll be bulky lol

Oh yeah. A lot of intersecting faces, non-manifold edges, a lot of asymmetry. It would probably take me twice the time to get nice and right as opposed to a normal helmet.
And that is another reason why I’m going the pep route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back