Props Need An Ammo Counter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry about double posting but,

heres alittle picture of how I want the counter to look like:

CounterDemo.jpg

I'm going to cut the paper part out of plexi glass and tape up the blue parts and spray paint the plexi black and then light up the "compass" and little x <==I

lol

I know the drawing isnt accurate, it was only a little test to see how it would look :p

hmmmm...... whats the difference between the V1 and the V2 counters????

NVM: i never actually looked at the page, so now i see that there is a sound-system. thats cool :p

tomb-stone said:

I think it's the MP3 additon.

so you can add sounds and such.

I wont need sounds if my gun covers the noise anyway :p

but for making a prop, i'd say it's a great thing to add!

Last edited by a moderator:
MikyVengeance said:
sorry about double posting but,

heres alittle picture of how I want the counter to look like:

If you want, I have a picture in my sig that I made, not sure if you'd want it or not.

tomb-stone said:

Yep, it adds sound, and more if I recall.

mustang2500 said:
If you want, I have a picture in my sig that I made, not sure if you'd want it or not.

Yep, it adds sound, and more if I recall.

a sig of what?:p

MikyVengeance said:
aha, I paid around $35 with shipping :p

That's not too bad, although I could probably make one for less if I could remember how to make counters. I only spent 15 minutes learning that stuff several months ago...

To light up those additional graphics on the screen make sure the display is recessed a bit behind the screen. Need room for the light to spread out.

The test fit looks awesome, can't wait for more!

haha, I changed the display alittle bit.

I added a paintball instead of actual bullets :p

does anybody think I should go through with this?

CounterDemo2.jpg

alright, so I was thinking....

if I molded this out of plastic.

I want to make a cast and mold maybe 2 or 3.

what materials should I use and what would be recommended?

I'm curious on the price range.

its not too high I will maybe seriously look into it and possibly sell a few for friends.

well i have some ideas on material milky, and wut you could do is instead of making a mold, you could make a stencil or something along the lines. ill PM you about it :)

tomb-stone said:
well i have some ideas on material milky, and wut you could do is instead of making a mold, you could make a stencil or something along the lines. ill PM you about it :)

hey, what do you mean? :S

PM me for sure :)

I formulated an idea to reset the counter when a new mag is clipped in. Mind the hastily cobbled-together concept. GIMP is only my friend, sometimes.

BR-55Concept.png

(Note, the Vibrator is not your mother's :lol )

Also, when fired, it'll shake as if recoiling after each shot. I can time its rate of rotation in the ESC, but I'm not gonna get into that. Of course, if I wanna make my BR a 3-round burst rifle, vibration will be more complex.

Then, I'll probably fill the whole thing, where there are no moving parts, with clay or some other solid, heavy compound.

This counter looks really useful. I never would've stumbled upon it on my own, that's for sure.

Use a NC push switch and your reload idea will work. You want the magazine to hold the switch open, then close the switch when the magazine is removed.

SchizophrenicMC said:
This counter looks really useful. I never would've stumbled upon it on my own, that's for sure.

haha that's exactly why I made this thread :)

I'm glad I sort of helped : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back