Need an Unfold for Starship Troopers project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I'm working on a Starship Troopers costume and have made some good progress. I'm trying to get one together that I could eventually share some patterns for, so buying screen used isn't really an answer, despite my having a few genuine items. Here's a pic of my armor so far, made of foam camping mats and 2" polypro belting.

154973_477529682450_621087450_5598213_2507221_n.jpg

What I need now is an unfold of my .obj mesh of the MI helmet. Could anyone out there help me out with running my mesh through pepakura?

156668_479758352450_621087450_5629468_5559001_n.jpg

ive been drooling over your updates over on cosplay.com. i had no idea you were a member over here! that armor looks seriously amazing.

I've been getting a lot of help from the folks over at whiskeyoutpost.net. They've been giving me a lot of good reference from their screen used gear, and also a lust for the genuine articles myself.

Just a friendly update on this project for the folks here on 405th.com. Here's my SST armor set strapped and assembled and shown on a hanger with an actual screen used MI jacket. Now I need to make/acquire a neck ring, gloves, pouch set, trousers, knife belt, and boots.

FoamArmorSet.jpg

Attachments

• FoamArmorSet.jpg
    FoamArmorSet.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,267
how did u make the body armor part i so want to make one can u share how you made it plzzzz. thinkin of doinn an MI for CC this year...

I got some drawings and scale references from the forums at whiskeyoutpost.net and then used a projector to scale up the images to full size. Once that was done I projected the full sized image on cardboard to make a template, and then transfered the template to a pair of Army Green foam sleeping mats. I glued all the chevron shapes on with Gorilla Glue, as well as the straps which are 2" Nylon Webbing. Its held together while worn by 8 plastic parachute buckles, and the color is Model Master #1950 Panzer Grey.

Can you send me some of the documents you used to build the armor... I have been searching forever for a decent set of blueprints for an easy build set of StarShip Troopers... I would greatly appreciate it my email is ace8773@yahoo.com. I am a huge fan and you would be saving me big bucks

Given the level of interest I'm seeing here I figured I'll go ahead and post my diagrams, and a link to the scale reference pics I have.

First, here are the diagrams:
BodyArmorYokeFrontDiagram.jpg
BodyArmorYokeBackDiagram.jpg
BodyArmorFrontDiagram.jpg
BodyArmorBackDiagram.jpg

And here are the scale references I got from whiskeyoutpost.net
ScreenUsedYokeRear.jpg
ScreenUsedYokeFront.jpg
ScreenUsedFrontPlate.jpg
ScreenUsedBackPlate.jpg

All of these shots are done with screen used pieces on a 1" grid. Ideally the depth for each layer should be about 1/4", but I just used whatever the sleeping pad was.

Attachments

• BodyArmorYokeFrontDiagram.jpg
    BodyArmorYokeFrontDiagram.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 590
  • BodyArmorYokeBackDiagram.jpg
    BodyArmorYokeBackDiagram.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 519
  • BodyArmorFrontDiagram.jpg
    BodyArmorFrontDiagram.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 785
  • BodyArmorBackDiagram.jpg
    BodyArmorBackDiagram.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 567
  • ScreenUsedYokeRear.jpg
    ScreenUsedYokeRear.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 419
  • ScreenUsedYokeFront.jpg
    ScreenUsedYokeFront.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 588
  • ScreenUsedBackPlate.jpg
    ScreenUsedBackPlate.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 405
  • ScreenUsedFrontPlate.jpg
    ScreenUsedFrontPlate.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 443
Dude ! That is awsome! I have been wanting to do some ST armor as well! Ill have to start soon!

Does anyone have any detailed pictures and size guides for the morita MK1? I don't want to wing it and have it look tacky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back