Need Help on Chest Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am useing Flyingsquirels HD Chest Piece model, however I noticed the default height of it is set at 403mm. My question is after I scale it it's telling me the height should be 508mm, which is way bigger than the original file. Does anybody know if this chest piece is set to the chiefs height or somebody elses?

So far I have built the forearm and bicep, both in HD useing Xtreme TACTICS 101 scale method #1, they have both turned out fine and fit great.

I'm about 6 feet tall and skinny if that helps. Sorry if this has been posted I tried doing a search but didn't have much luck.

Thanks.

The original file was scaled for someone less than 6 ft tall. So if the scaling method says it needs to be 508mm, then so be it. I suggest that you build a tester first since this is a major piece that you want to build right the first time.

Thanks for the quick reply, and for unfolding the hd forearm pieces, they turned out great. I have the tester chest piece but noticed the numbers are missing so I'm not sure if I want to try to assemble it or not even though it does look pretty basic and is probably the smartest move.. I'd hate the chest piece not to fit!

To show the tester's edge ID numbers in PD3,

2DPatternWindow --> click "Show Edge ID".

Thanks Ral. I was about to print supertaco's tester chest piece, however I notice when I plug in the height the width and depth are slightly smaller than flyingsquirls hd chest piece. Any advice?

yeah youll have to upsize it. i built it and im 5 11 and it was to small.
diddnt have the patience(sorry spelling) to build it again

If it's just a few mm (less than 10mm), don't sweat it.

Here is Supertaco's testers dimensions H-508 W-457 D-460
And then Flyingsquirels dimensions H-508 W-474 D-485

I wonder if I did something wrong.. I'm just plugging the same scale # I came up with into both pieces...

Thanks.

Here is Supertaco's testers dimensions H-508 W-457 D-460
And then Flyingsquirels dimensions H-508 W-474 D-485

I wonder if I did something wrong.. I'm just plugging the same scale # I came up with into both pieces...
That's a tough one. I'm thinking go halfway and adjust the height until the depth value (D) comes to 473mm. Then try building another tester to see if this still fits you. I suggest that you don't use Supertaco's tester. If you can find FS's final chest model release, use it because it has a built-in tester.

That's a tough one. I'm thinking go halfway and adjust the height until the depth value (D) comes to 473mm. Then try building another tester to see if this still fits you. I suggest that you don't use Supertaco's tester. If you can find FS's final chest model release, use it because it has a built-in tester.

Thanks again, I looked a little for it but had no luck, I'll look more after I get off work later tonight. If I can't find it I'll just cross my fingers and build the HD model haha so far I've gotten lucky with Xtreme Tactics scale method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back