Need help with Right and Left shoulder and thigh -- doesn't exist in files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volklgirl

In pepakura halo files 1.7, appears to be only one shoulder, bicep, one thigh, one shin, one forearm, etc. But are they exactly the same on both sides. Do i just print and make 2, or do I need to mirror them? Because noble 6 shoulder looks good one side, but its "backwards" on the other arm (ridges are outward on one arm, but put on other arm, they are inward and can't see them). Why aren't there Left and Right models, instead just one of each???

You need to invert the patter in pep on the bicep, forearm and thigh. The shins are the same. To do this go into designer go to 2D menu>invert pattern. reason there are not left and right is it would be a huge waste of time to model them that way when you can simply flip them over in designer.

Hope this answers your questions. Good luck!

Can i just tell my printer to print a mirror image? Or do i need to buy the designer (i'm using the free viewer).

You shouldn't need to buy anything, everything you need to do can be done with the free version of Pepakura Designer 3.

You only need to pay the $38 if you want to save stuff designer 3 will work with out it but you just can't save.

Does that just print a mirror-image? (flip sheet from left to right)?
It doesn't flip the entire page(s). It flips the individual pieces and sometimes you may need to move the pieces around to make them fit within the pages, which is why you need to use the Designer and not the Viewer.

I know, but its really not ethical to use a shareware program for free without eventually paying for it.
In this case, you won't get the save feature until you pay for it, which is critical for many of us.

BTW, do you play tennis? Your username seems to suggest that.

Tried the designer. You are right. It flips the pieces. Perfect. And I see some print options (change letter/a4 size), scaling, and other features i don't have in viewer. I can move pieces around. cool! Alot cheaper than buying a4 200 gsm paper from Europe and having it shipped over here.

Tried the designer. You are right. It flips the pieces. Perfect. And I see some print options (change letter/a4 size), scaling, and other features i don't have in viewer. I can move pieces around. cool!
Of course, the downside is that you won't be able to save whatever changes you made to the file, which is why most of us pay up. Otherwise, we won't be able to share our work.

Alot cheaper than buying a4 200 gsm paper from Europe and having it shipped over here.
Wait, you were really going to do that?! Now that's commitment. :D A 150-sheet ream of cardstock at Wal-mart is only $6, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back