Props Needler.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a video update on the Needler Project.....

Ithica

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks pretty good, but there are a couple things you might want to look into.
- the needles look pretty long and floppy, so you might or might not want to look into that
- The bottom part that you made out of cardboard could use some detail work
- If you want it to look realistic you might want to look into shaping the front into a more rounded shape like the real thing

Other than that it looks good! Keep up the good work

My intent was to make it as realistic as possible with what I am using. I understand that there are other mods that would need to be done and in fact some can not like the mod of the front portion. I consider this like the AR project where people take the toy and modify it a lil. I think it will serve its purpose and people will know what it is just by the basic shape and color. I do not intend to sell this so I'm not to focused on the small details. I do fully understand the things you pointed out and they are very valid but I just don't want to focus on them. Something that was pointed out to me before and makes so much sence is that the only people that notice the small details are those who do this type of work. Most people don't notice the small things. I have seen this when it comes to armor. I do appreciate the feedback and it is noted. Thank you all very much.

Ithica

I for one think you have done an awesome job! I build weapon props too. We are all building to our personal likes. You have taken on a great build and in my opinion put a lot of thought and creativity into the needler. Keep up the great work.

I agree that the needles are a tad too long, but I had an idea on how to make them translucent

You could take the hot glue sticks and heat them up in an old container you don't need, and add purple dye?

I have no idea if that would work, but it just popped in my head lol. So far its looking nice, congrats!

Spartan-343 said:
You could take the hot glue sticks and heat them up in an old container you don't need, and add purple dye?

that sounds like a good idea.
I'm liking the needler so far! Nice job, it looks really good!

Spartan-343 said:
I agree that the needles are a tad too long, but I had an idea on how to make them translucent

I have no idea if that would work, but it just popped in my head lol. So far its looking nice, congrats!

that's a good idea, but i'm fairly certain you can actually buy translucent glue sticks at craft stores as it is.

my mom used to be really crafty.

sweet work ithica, can't wait till it's done.

Spartan-343 I love the way you think but we tried that..lol. The dye is liquid and has a weird reaction with the heated glue. After a while it starts to burn out as well and turns green or brown. That was our first technique but it failed. Great thought though. I love the feedback from you all. I wish I could redo the needles but the painting already started..lol. It should be done within a few days or in about 100 years..lol. The wife is insisting on painting it. She is using a floating paint method....I'm going tyo be as surprised as you all.

Ithica

Ithica said:
Spartan-343 I love the way you think but we tried that..lol. The dye is liquid and has a weird reaction with the heated glue. After a while it starts to burn out as well and turns green or brown. That was our first technique but it failed. Great thought though. I love the feedback from you all. I wish I could redo the needles but the painting already started..lol. It should be done within a few days or in about 100 years..lol. The wife is insisting on painting it. She is using a floating paint method....I'm going tyo be as surprised as you all.

Ithica

o_O Weird, lol

Yeah I was not impressed with the sword but it will be ok for display. Way to small and incorrect but I got what I paid for.

Ithica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back