Nerds with Girls???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my girl and we've been married for nearly 14 years. She tolerates my geek nature. She's a very hot, very sexy porcelain skinned redhead!!

I never had a problem with girls when I was still single and dating.

So yeah, nerds/geeks can get girls.

I got my girl and we've been married for nearly 14 years. She tolerates my geek nature. She's a very hot, very sexy porcelain skinned redhead!!

I never had a problem with girls when I was still single and dating.

So yeah, nerds/geeks can get girls.

redheads are the best....redhead nerds...BETTER.

I think the hardest part is the first step. I found out that when she agrees to go on a date with you, there is a good chance that one thing leads to another. This was my experience. But the date thing isn't that easy though. In my option it's really important to get all that shyness swallowed, which was really hard for me.(Got my first GF with 19, which is relatively late too.) But I think if you're brave enough to do the first step and ask a girl, there's nothing you can't manage ;)

I agree with this completely.
I understand rejection hurts, but that's a small price to pay if you take an opportunity and it leads to something magical :)

The thing to remember is that some chicks are closet geeks, just like guys. My wife loves to play LOTRO, Fable, Torchlight, etc but would never admit it when we first starting dating (she had only played 'a little bit of Mario Kart'). There's so much social stigma built around that stuff that even now she rarely mentions it outside of close friends because of the way people react.

The most important thing is to find someone who makes you happy - everything else tends to fall in place after that. Who knows, she might surprise you :)

Been married for 20 years and I do things that others call 'nerdy', that is until they realize that I wear over 50 lbs of metal armour for fun, I play with red hot steel to relax, and I know how to make and use blades! After folks realize that...they seem to shy away from calling or thinking of me as 'nerdy'. If anything, some take several steps back! Shoot, many of my sons' friends ( we have 3 boys: 15, 14, and 12) think that I'm one of the coolest dads around, especially after they discover that I love computers, gaming, building Halo armour, and writing. ( Their words, not mine :) ).

I have always believed that being 'nerdy' or 'geeky' was always just a state of mind. If you believe yourself to be that way, you will gravitate in the direction of all the stereotypes everyone has come to believe is true. Once you match those stereotypes...that is when everyone will start looking at you in that fashion. To h*ll with that, Be Yourself! That's what ladies love...that's why I was married to the prettiest girl in the world when I turned 20!

Why is it so hard to find a girl just being yourself nowadays?
Well, sometimes being yourself doesnt help man. Sometimes you have to be mature and nice.
Being always nerdy and akward doesnt help.

Its like if you want to buy a car. If the agency sees you are irresponsible or childish, I doubt they will loan you money to buy a car.

The thing is that its OK to be nerdy, but not that nerdy you are in a childish level. You will keep learning when you keep expiriencing more

I have to say that I love a good geek. Nerd is the guy in the broken glasses that gets picked on and ends up being your boss later in life. Geek is the guy that plays games, wants to build halo armor, and show it off!

Personally, I'm having a hard time trying to find guy friends that don't think I'm too geeky. All my chick friends think it's awesome...

haha ok i got a funny story its bad when ur a twin and ur brother is the nerd with straight A's always reading books and stuff. then all the girls run up to him thinking its me then realize it isnt. yeah sucks being a twin haha but on the bright side i can blame everything on him:) Yeah but heres some advice treat a girl like a human being not property and treat her with respect and u wont have any problems

I have major lady issues. :p

The first girl I asked out when I was 14 said that she wasn't looking for a boyfriend at the moment (Is it just me or does asking a girl on a date mean just a date? I have always lived under the assumption that when you ask a girl out it is for one date, not to be in a relationship. Please correct me if this is not correct social protocol). But then 5 days later she hooked up with my best friend and they became involved.

The second girl I asked out I didn't even like, I just asked her out because she liked me. And because of that it failed miserably.

But since that first experience I can't talk to girls that I like. And when I say that I can't talk to them I really mean I can't talk to them. For instance, my friends were pressuring me to talk to this girl I like in my drama class so eventually I caved and went to talk to her and the only thing I could think of saying was "Did you know Jupiter is made totally of gas?". It was like something out of F.R.I.E.N.D.S haha.

But I can talk to girls that I don't want to be in a relationship with no problem. And I have even overheard them talking about how "hot" I am a couple of times. (Funny story, my best friends girlfriend told him that I was hot and he went nuts at me. I didn't even do anything hahaha).

But I am a total nerd into video games and computers and costuming (of course). I even wear a backpack shaped like yoda to school and carry my lightsaber in it haha. (Mind you, I am also in my senior year of highschool). And the girls love it, but I just have so much difficulty talking to girls that I have crushes on.

(Is it just me or does asking a girl on a date mean just a date? I have always lived under the assumption that when you ask a girl out it is for one date, not to be in a relationship. Please correct me if this is not correct social protocol)

"Dating" always has a romantic connotation. Going to Burger King with a girl is not the same thing as going to Burger King on a date with a girl.

in the words of the Immortal Sargent Johnson:

"oh I know what the ladies like."

with that being said, me and my girlfriend both met at an Anime Convention, and we've been dealing with each others nerd-rages (such as: who shot first, Han or Greedo, Star wars or Star trek, or which generation of Pokemon is the best) for the last 4 years. sometimes she likes to take spicy Spanish babies to make spicy Scottish babies with me. all night.

If it has the original Misty, it's the best one :p

I am yet another one of these so called nerdy people and I still gets people. This is mainly because I am yet another one of these illusive gamer chicks. :) Guys love it when they see a chick in armor. Especially when I where my Mandalorian armor (cause it's got boob plates! :D). My spartan suit is what brought my boyfriend to me during an anime con.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back