New Foam armor project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The commission build took me 1 month to get this far. I haven't finish that yet I still have to do the cod piece. The MK VI helmet took me 4 days so sa the marine helmet but Alphone helmet took me 2 days. I hope this answer your question and if you need any help with foam project I am here.

wow that is reeeeally fast! And I will make sure to go to you for help if/when I start a foam build since you are the foam professional xD haha.

So by the looks of it you peped the MkVI helm first, then did sections in foam? How exactly did that work, since it came out looking fantastic. I've failed quite miserably in foam several times but I'm gonna try again, and so I'm just trying to get all the tips I can, seeing as I want to do it right this time.

So by the looks of it you peped the MkVI helm first, then did sections in foam? How exactly did that work, since it came out looking fantastic. I've failed quite miserably in foam several times but I'm gonna try again, and so I'm just trying to get all the tips I can, seeing as I want to do it right this time.

I build the helmet in pepakura first to get the right scale and then look at each section and try to combined the small pieces together to form the bigger section and tape some of the open end to form the curve and cut a small piece of foam heat and curve the foam piece to match the pep stencil that I have made then trace and cut.

I build the helmet in pepakura first to get the right scale and then look at each section and try to combined the small pieces together to form the bigger section and tape some of the open end to form the curve and cut a small piece of foam heat and curve the foam piece to match the pep stencil that I have made then trace and cut.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking, but that gives me a great start. I really appreciate it, and that commission looks incredible. Awesome job!

Thank you everyone for stopping by and give me those great compliments as for which files that I use ? for the MK VI helmet I used the Robogenesis's HD file. Space marine helmet I used Ral patha' s unfold collection from the other forum site. Alphone's helmet I used Nintendude's file. The commissioned piece I used L3X's foam chest and forearm template files, Forgereclaimer's thight and bicep files, Acenet's ( I think ) shoes file.

as usual very nice work. I hope my first foam build comes out half as good :)
Hay glad to see you're back. I am sorry that I didn't contact you for a while. I have been so busy with my work, commission build and trying to make mold and cast my MK VI helmet ( with a few failed attempt) that took a lot of my time and I have a little update to post.
bf711c2a.jpg

36ad61da.jpg

That's all for now I gotta go to work soon.

That is really sweet dude. Loving how this coming along. Are you making custom templates or converting pep files.

wow, sweet looking foam work. You get so much detail out of that foam it's just amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back