New Odst Armor Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
takes a lot of effort to get everything right

Exactly why people don't like others copying their work. I cant speak for Rube, maybe he thinks you copying and selling his work is a great idea but, think how it would make you feel, if your places were reversed.

Last edited by a moderator:
isnt using someone elses pep files a form of copying others work too?
Yes but, generally people upload pep file with the intention of them being used, so permission is implied. Copying someone's finished work will get you banned and ostracised

Dr. Jekyll said:
Ive already started on my design using a lot of these pictures as references but I do have to say, isnt using someone elses pep files a form of copying others work too?

Yes but that's with their permission.

I didn't read your post the way others did. I thought you were offering some kind of partnership deal not that you were going to recast my stuff without license. Not that I have any "stuff" to recast yet.

Look at all the people looking out for me :love:

rube said:
Yes but that's with their permission.

I didn't read your post the way others did. I thought you were offering some kind of partnership deal not that you were going to recast my stuff without license. Not that I have any "stuff" to recast yet.

Look at all the people looking out for me :love:

Yea Id never recast anything without permissions of the creator and definately without some credit due if not most or ALL credit due to the original creator. Im glad you read what I said the way it was meant. I didn't think Id get jumped implying getting something moving that would be so cool lol.

By the way, I just remembered, that lip on the top of the helmet that's right up to the visor looks like some kind of projection device, maybe for the HUD? I may be able to incorporate an actual in helmet HUD system to display all sorts of things and use flash to make most of it work, even project IR screen....instant night vision lol.

Dr. Jekyll said:
I didn't think Id get jumped implying getting something moving that would be so cool lol.

I was quite surprised as well. It sort of seem to me that before they had decided what was you precise motive that everyone felt that had to clean you inside out. Their objective was sound, but i like it when we figure out the facts a s humans before we act. Not bashing, just advising. I actually understood what you were implying; that's how business ventures work. But yes, welcome to the forums and don't feel deterred by the constructive criticism, I guess we can't help it :)

DYSTORTED INC said:
HMD or Helmet Mounted Display. Google it, I did. We need to get together on that project.

Hey that would be great. Pm me we can talk details.

Damarius101 said:
I was quite surprised as well. It sort of seem to me that before they had decided what was you precise motive that everyone felt that had to clean you inside out. Their objective was sound, but i like it when we figure out the facts a s humans before we act. Not bashing, just advising. I actually understood what you were implying; that's how business ventures work. But yes, welcome to the forums and don't feel deterred by the constructive criticism, I guess we can't help it :)

Its all good, In some ways Im glad, making mistakes is how you get better so this little thing may have saved me trouble later down the road. Im never deterred by constructive critisism. If I was I wouldnt be very good at what I do lol. :p But I am very anxious to see Rube's completed work. From what ive seen its going to be a beauty!

xXspartan104Xx said:
does any one know where i can fing some of the neck and
shoulders pep file?
In the spirit of helpfulness, I will direct you to the Pepakura forum, where one of the stickies has a link to the pepakura file wiki. And just because I don't recall seeing the torso on there, SKG's topic should have a torso file, and i'm pretty sure that the topic is either stickied or on the first page. Additionally, someone else made a smoothed torso file, I don't recall who it was.

EDIT: here it is: 1manbattalion's ODST torso (and other ODST parts) topic: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15728, the actual download is here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/79012227/f6180...h01_unfold.html

This is looking very sway!!! Love those harness buckles, Have you seen the Halo ODST Gameplay trailer, if so i just have one thought about the one hell jumper that was wearing a rogue helm I swear that didn't look too proportional as far as it being a spartan helm on a ODST jump suit maybe it'd be nice to see 7 foot ODST!!!! HHHAAAWT!!!! XDXD

23 Pages and I loved every second of it. Understanding how amazing a Pep file can suddenly become a beautiful work of art is astounding, *bookmarks to continue following* I will enjoy watching this thread!

PS: Rube I am greatly enthused as you have made me want to start my own armor, no matter what kind it is. I hope that It could be something like yours!

Cheers,
Chris Gold

Chris Gold said:
23 Pages and I loved every second of it. Understanding how amazing a Pep file can suddenly become a beautiful work of art is astounding, *bookmarks to continue following* I will enjoy watching this thread!

PS: Rube I am greatly enthused as you have made me want to start my own armor, no matter what kind it is. I hope that It could be something like yours!

Cheers,
Chris Gold
Seeing an omptimistic post like this Really makes my day, I'm glad that you are going to start your armor, please post it on here when you start!!! :D

City Static said:
Hey Rube, did you give this helmet a paint job yet? I'm looking forward to seeing some color. ;)
Page 16 has a helmet with his paint job.

THIS.IS.JUST.PURE.AWESOME.AND.WIN!
I must say it, i never spected to see such detailed craftmanchip ever.
It's not just excellent in detail, is beatiful as well...

congrats and keep it up, i'll be following this thread with awe :D

I was hoping for my first post to be some WIP of my own projects, but while hiking through Yosemite with a friend this week, I was talking to him about all the amazing armor and work I had seen on these forums. He said "Oh yeah, you gotta check out that ODST helm Rube made". Since I'd been browsing through rather quickly just trying to glean any information I can, I haven't been paying much to usernames, but my friend said "You pick up pretty fast on the name when 1/2 the thread is "Rube you are my hero" and "Rube's work is awesome". :p

I'd seen this thread before, browsing through to read up on all the helpful tips. Today I took some time off from work (extended lunch break ;) ) to read through every page of this thread....and with that done, I have to toss in my own kudos to Rube's work! Like so many others, I'm hoping my own work can come out half as awesome as yours.

Not that there isn't hundreds of awesome pieces on this site, from the weapon props, to the marines, to all the MCs, and so on so forth. But ODSTs are always special in my heart. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back