New Odst Armor Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chip475 said:
Where do you all get those funny pics XD
could you imagine if that actually worked?

well, to the actual topic:

Nice man!

What do you mean "if"?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just looking at the WETA torso part and was wondering how exactly you were planning to connect them. I think I may do it either a bit your way or use some back pack straps. It also looks like they just clip it together and made connected all the pieces and the torso straight to the belt pack.

By the looks of this picture it looks like straps like a back pack.
http://405th.com/forums/uploads/1188092450..._2_4_301593.jpg

Also, it looks like they wear something similar to cargo black jeans.

HaloFreakX said:
I was just looking at the WETA torso part and was wondering how exactly you were planning to connect them. I think I may do it either a bit your way or use some back pack straps. It also looks like they just clip it together and made connected all the pieces and the torso straight to the belt pack.

I'm not really going for the weta version. More like this:
odst_01.jpg

I don't yet know how I'll hook everything together.
strap1.jpg

Oh, yours is going to be more solid. I'll probably end up just latching everything together.. Nothing special.

Hey rube any chance you will be molding those in flexible foam or plastic so we can buy them off you?

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

ACDCrockr209 said:
Hey rube any chance you will be molding those in flexible foam or plastic so we can buy them off you?

-Pony (y) (y) (y)
They will be molded in foam eventually but they will probably be too big for a lot of people.

rube said:
They will be molded in foam eventually but they will probably be too big for a lot of people.

to wide? or to tall... To wide puts a smile on my face, and to tall puts a grin on my face.

will you be selling full sets when all is done?

Whats the average height for someone to pull off and ODST with those. If they are going to be made from poam then I guess they can trim it to fit them.

Anyways great work on them though.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

I'll probably do the back pack straps now I have to find a more secure way to get everything together with clips and what not. Thanks for posting these reference pictures. These help a lot.

Rube, I must say, you were one of the first Elite Showcases I checked out, wow. Your Ideas for Vacuum forming and the dyes for the visor really got me pumped. When i saw your final on the Helmet, I was glad to have learned so much from you. I will continue to watch you, and cheer you on while taking notes. Have you thought about using the packs to house batteries and whatnot to power fans and speakers? I would suggest a throat mic rather than one attached directly in the Helmet for that. Did someone already ask you about wiring up your suit?

strap1.jpg

[/quote]

Hey Rube, Im new at 405th, but I've been watching your thread for quite a while now. Ive got to say you have impressed me with every picture youve posted. My interests in making a set of ODST armor for myself have brought me into the exact place that I need to be to get started. My armor wont start until the summer (SO glad for pep right now, unbelievable program), but for now I will just be posting questions and taking notes in order to limit errors in the construction process. Ill start with these, which I haven't seen asked in this thread so far:

1) Do you have a specific process for creating your vacuum former? It looks rather simple yet I somehow cant grasp the idea (im VERY unfamiliar with this type of mold creation)

2) What method and materials did you use to create the rectangular vent-like structures on the side of the helmet and the round visor piece?

3) How do you use those self-adhesive foam strips as a guide for filling? Yes i did see the pics, but once again im having trouble grasping the concept.

Rube sorry this is so long, but as of now you are my main guide for creating ODST armor. I have pretty steady hands, and an able eye, but not such a conceptual mind when it comes to these things. I like solid numbers that I can manipulate, but ive realized that with sculpting and creating pep figures you really have to have everything planned out in your head and pieced together like a puzzle to produce accurate replicas. So when I see your figures thats basically what I am trying to do.

I promise never EVER to be so long winded again, and great work my friend :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back