New Weta Odst Armour Project Wip-page 5&6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xtreme TACTICS 101

Do you thing I can make a ODST suit similar to the ones in the Halo short films with out the helmet by halloween 2008?

I have unlimited supply of cardboard, glue, tape and so on. Im good with cardboard (if you've seen my other threads, you'll know why.) I have about 10 short days (school days) and 3 full days to do it in. What are my chances?

If you can, please post referance pictures that may help me. I already have good pictures of the front of the ODST, I just need pictures of the back.

thanks!

well then go for it!
we don't know your skill level. It's possible if you have the time, won't always come out looking nice with a rushed project though.

Which ODST are you talking about halo 2 or 3 i think you are talking about 3 but just want to clarify
i think that if you have a lot of free time and are very motivated it may be possible but your work will suffer because of the time constriction
If you are doing the halo 2 odst it maybe possible because of the small number of parts but halo 3 you may be rushed

hes talking about the halo landfall,

i think it might be possible to do it, but it wont have the nice finish to it w/o the body filler and the fiberglassin

The ODST suit is one of the easiest out here. Im quite sure you could make it.

-FSS

@nuhkschuitykaht: He is not talking about Halo 3 or 2, he means the WETA 'live' costumes.

Finnish_Spartan said:
The ODST suit is one of the easiest out here. Im quite sure you could make it.

-FSS

nuhkschuitykaht: He is not talking about Halo 3 or 2, he means the WETA 'live' costumes.
Oh sorry i didnt realize that.
In that case you can definitly make a suit in that time. There are many different pieces but they are small so that shouldn't be a problem. I would suggest that you download the pep files so that you can use them for reference.
http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9396 (in case you didnt know where to find them.)
Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I just finished cutting the grass, so im going to start my costume ASAP. Thanks for the link nuhkschuitykaht, I got about 20 good pics from it, and thats all I need. I'll be done the body tommorow.

CHEERS!

well, if you don't intend to wear it again, just make the pep and spray on some polyurethane or something to lightly strengthen it, and then paint it.

If you do it now instead of talking about it you might be able too, take me for example, I was going to be Master Chief for Halloween and I have all the pep. done, I just need to fiberglass and paint it, but then my friends decided to go as superheroes, so now I'm stuck deciding to walk around with Batman, Hawkman, Flash, and Green Lantern with a Master Chief suit on, so I might start trying to make the waist up of Ironman from Belakors files. What I'm trying to say is it's going to be hard and Good Luck.

Good news, I started and in about 6 hours, i've finished the whole upper half. Front body, back body, sholder guards and lower arm guards Done!

CHEERS!

Its cardboard, not pep. Cardboard is easy to use. I can do anything with it, even make a go cart into a warthog (tryed it, it worked, but then it rained...)

Any how, I need some high res. pics of the back of the Landfall ODST' lower shin guards( knee pads and such) I just have to make those, the shoulder pads and the thigh shields.

CHEERS!

Seen some very good reference shots on Ebay actually..seems someones forming these pieces already. A lil skill in photoshop and some other angles gives yah a perfect look at a build-up.. just scale it to you and wallah.. but as for how long, hope you don't have school or a job in the way of this plan! hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back