New Weta Odst Armour Project Wip-page 5&6

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... pictures, i love pictures.

i take back my booo. i had read threw the whole thread and then was disappointed there weren't any pics.

DreadMullet said:
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... pictures, i love pictures.
i take back my booo. i had read threw the whole thread and then was disappointed there weren't any pics.

Lol... I guess I posted the pictures about 30 seconds too late, but now, thanks for the comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
First off, thank you for the comment!

secondly, sorry every one, I forgot to mension, Im not going to have the helmet until around christmas. Until than, im working on getting a black boonie hat or something.

Sorry people.

Oh well, its still a nice suit,

Will we be seeing any Bondo on this? And when can we expect to see some paint or more progress?

The Stig said:
Oh well, its still a nice suit,

Will we be seeing any Bondo on this? And when can we expect to see some paint or more progress?

I promess pictures of the 100% finished thing (no helmet) either tomorrow, Monday or Tuesday.

If I decide to mold this, I will bondo it and add more detail. until than, no.

CHEERS!

Sorry for the double post ONCE AGAIN, but I was wondering how you change the title and decription of the topic? I need to change it to "WETA ODST armour WIP, Pictures on page 2"

Also, can some one give me a high res. picture of the WETA ODST's shoulder patch. The one that has the O+ thing on it.

Thanks

Oh, wow, thanks, I never noticed that before!

I just brought my camra to get fixed so I can take a few pictures of the almost finished project. I have to attach the armour to a vest so I can wear it, and also I have to add some straps and ammo pouches.

Ill update it ASAP.

EDIT: YEY 1000 VIEWS!!!

Also, were can I get my hands on the red tinted visor things like on the WETA ones? I have some snow boarding gogals that is made from the same stuff, but I can find it in a sheet.

Thanks again for the comments, keep posting!

CHEERS!

Bad news everyone.

My camera won't be fixed for a while because the guy I took it to sayed it will take a while because he has a lot more stuff to fix. He fixes everything in order from who brought it in first, to who brought it in last. First come first serve basis.

I'll keep you all posted.

EDIT: Can some one direct me to a certian spray paint colour that is like a gun metal. Because the armour on the WETA that isnt covered in material isnt black. I believe its a gun metal. Can some one fine something that is like that? I woult realy appreachate it!

CHEERS!

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
I promess pictures of the 100% finished thing (no helmet) either tomorrow, Monday or Tuesday.

If I decide to mold this, I will bondo it and add more detail. until than, no.

CHEERS!

Sorry for the double post ONCE AGAIN, but I was wondering how you change the title and decription of the topic? I need to change it to "WETA ODST armour WIP, Pictures on page 2"

Also, can some one give me a high res. picture of the WETA ODST's shoulder patch. The one that has the O+ thing on it.

Thanks
no offense but if you plan on spray painting your armor in it's current state of your pics...
your armor is gonna look like crap :/

I havent figured out how to get a picture out of a video but if you watch this
Halo Live Action 1-3
and pause it at around 4:56 or 4:57 you get a pretty good picture of his shoulder pad.
and I noticed that out of the two, he's the only ODST with that patch on his shoulder. possibly a rank indicator?

the armor looks amazing for being made of cardboard! well done!

did you coat it with anything to give it a bit more durability before you spray painted it?

Skyman said:
I havent figured out how to get a picture out of a video but if you watch this
Halo Live Action 1-3
and pause it at around 4:56 or 4:57 you get a pretty good picture of his shoulder pad.
and I noticed that out of the two, he's the only ODST with that patch on his shoulder. possibly a rank indicator?

the armor looks amazing for being made of cardboard! well done!

did you coat it with anything to give it a bit more durability before you spray painted it?

Yes, I used primer LOL!!! Other than that, nothing.

xXBattle RifleXx, Im re-painting it, my old paint job is junk, so im trying to improve it. After I paint it, I weather it by adding on "scratches", and putting mud on it. Just like the ones from WETA.

Annnddd yet another double post for me!

Any how, great news, I went to my local hobby shop and ordered about 20 dollars worth of the same paint colour (Tamiya's gun metal) and I have to wate about a week until it comes in. As soon as I get it, it will take 2 days until the paint job is finished, and another 2 days for extra details (straps, pouches, sniper rifle, pistol, UNSC symbol, shoulder patch, under suit and so on). In 4-10 days, you will see the final thing, out side, in action.

Yet set-back after set-back I promiss no more than a 2 week wait.

CHEERS!

This is looking really good, especially for a cardboard scratchbuild, as many have said. Don't ruin it by calling it finished with just a coat of paint (even if you do use primer, it's still just a coat of paint.) I'd suggest going over it with a few coats of resin and covering the edges of the cardboard with some body filler, then painting.

That is pretty much the best cardboard armor I've seen yet. Do you use hot glue (Didn't have time to read all of the posts, sorry), because I don't see any bubbles or anything that I always get when I'm making cardboard armor. In fact, it looks almost as neat and tidy as pepakura. How do you manage to keep the excess glue from messing up the armor? Do you just use a whole lot less, or do you sand it or something?

Anyways, great job so far, keep it up!

BinaryCode said:
That is pretty much the best cardboard armor I've seen yet. Do you use hot glue (Didn't have time to read all of the posts, sorry), because I don't see any bubbles or anything that I always get when I'm making cardboard armor. In fact, it looks almost as neat and tidy as pepakura. How do you manage to keep the excess glue from messing up the armor? Do you just use a whole lot less, or do you sand it or something?

Anyways, great job so far, keep it up!

Thanks for the comments.

I dont use hot glue or anything like that. I use masking tape and wood glue. I first put the take on, than I coat the edges of the tape with the wood glue. This eleminates the possibility of the tape pealing from the cardboard, and it also creats a ramp so the tape is vertualy invisable from about 6 inches away.

I'll keep you posted with the status of the armour, and the weapons.

CHEERS!

Ok, I know I've been double posting ALOT, but this post actualy means something.

I just got the news my camra is going to take EVEN LONGER, so no one get you're hopes up about any one getting pictures of the armour this week.

Secondly, Im starting some WETA accurate marine armour just as soon as I finish up the last 2 ammo pouches and the under suit for the ODST armour. I have all of the referance pictures I need for that, Im just gathering materials for it right now. I'll notify all of you of its progress ASAP, but until than, Im not starting it until my ODST armour is FINISHED.

Next up on my list is finishing my sniper rifle. After about 6 months of production, im going to finish it ASAP. I'll keep you posted on that as well.

Hopefully Ill have pictures of the progress of the marine armour and the finished ODST armour NEXT week. Im realy sorry about the delays, but its not in my power to make the camera fixing to go faster.

Until than,

CHEERS!

Jax Archillies said:
you dont need your camera to post the pictures youve taken.....

Yes I do, you need the USB cable to connect the camera to the computer. And also, I have to re-take the pictures because I just gave it a new paint job.

Sorry for the double post again, but I have some realy bad news.

Before getting my camera back, I decided to try my hand at Bondo. I tried to Bondo the armour and I had one of those EPIC FAIL moments. I didn't realize that applying the bondo too thin whoud affect the armour. I attemped to sand the armour after the thin layer of Bondo dried for a week, and I ended up sanding the cardboard its self. After that, I got EXTREAMLY mad and trashed it so now, the armour is currently sitting in the nearist garbage dump.

Now, after seeing some fiberglass and resin at my local auto parts store, I've decided to make some pep ODST WETA accurate armour or some halo 3 recon armour, or I'll just mix the two togeather(adding some greanade pouched and ammo pouched were aquired). All I have to do is print, cut out, resin, figerglass the inside, lightly bondo the outside, sand, prime, paint, and weather. I'll post pictures when im done peping

CHEERS!

aw, sorry to hear that, it was a good looking cardboard suit.

good luck with your pep and fiberglassin' just be patient and dont chuck it right away if you make a mistake! ;)

Ok everyone, update time! Just a reminder, this isn't the cardboard armour because that was destroid. I don't have a lot done because im getting some minour surgery on Monday, so I've been spending some time in the hospital for prep, questions and stuff.

Anyway, I have the main torso and the main chest plate peped. I'm doing 2 main chest plates, and I'll mod one of them to make it a Halo 3:recon one. I'm also going to make 2 sets of gaunlet's and I'll mod one of the pairs for Halo 3:Recon. I did one of the main chest pads, but i messed up so I'm going to re-print and pep it. Just a side note, I use 110 Lb Card Stock.

Anyway, heres the pics.
Torso:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28210923@N04/3068439472/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28210923@N04/3068439848/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28210923@N04/3067604089/

Main chest plate (yes, I know, its missing a piece):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28210923@N04/3067602139/

Main chest pad (the bad one, makeing the good one ASAP):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28210923@N04/3068438680/

Now, just for an extra, my work in progress, WETA accurate battle rifle:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28210923@N04/3068436630/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28210923@N04/3068437052/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28210923@N04/3068437474/

All I have to do is finish the details, add the spring for the charging handle, install the charging handle, Bondo it, sand it, prime it, Bondo again, sand, prime and paint!

And finaly, a HUGE thanks goes to Skullcandy Girl for the files, Belakor and Ral Partha for the unfolded files, and the rest of the crew from the "Odst Weta Landfall Ver. Pep Armor By Skg & Crew" thread who helped!

Hope you all like it!

CHEERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back