Newbie armor build

Status
Not open for further replies.

TH3TA

Hello peoples, over this Holiday Break and quarantine ive decided to finally do something with my life. I have finally decided to stop drooling over everyones amazing halo cosplays and make my own!!! Considering this is my first full body armor build I am pretty proud of the way it is turning out so far. I wanted to come on here and show my progress while also getting as much advise from the community!
Here is my progress so far ♡
(Pls ignore my serial killer looking basement I am working in a tiny corner and its gotten a bit cluttered)

Helmet: so the helmet is a raw casting i bought off of etsy. I sanded it and cut out the space for the visor before painting it. I know that painting it before even finishing the rest of rhe armor probably wasnt efficient but i really wanted to paint it so i could base the rest of my color pallet off of it when it does come time to paint.
20201225_150254.jpg

^before weathering

20201225_165359.jpg

^after weathering

Gauntlets: all of my armor (except the helmet) is going to be made of eva foam.
20210102_003904.jpg

20210102_003847.jpg

Butt plate: i think this unfinished form is pretty good but it still has some work to be done
20210102_003758.jpg

Thighs: I just finished the right side thigh and I hope to work on the left tomorrow
20210102_003733.jpg

20210102_003723.jpg

Also if anyone could give me suggestions on the best ways to connect your armor that would be awesome! I was thinking for either using buckles or magnets but I just want other opinions if you've got them ♡
Thanks for reading ill update soon ₍˄·͈༝·͈˄*₎◞ ̑̑

Good progress so far Hibiki! As for the strapping system, not that I've done it but a really good system is to use an internal harness with buckles to connect armour to it. Have a look at this thread here for an example.

Good progress so far Hibiki! As for the strapping system, not that I've done it but a really good system is to use an internal harness with buckles to connect armour to it. Have a look at this thread here for an example.
Thank you so much for the thread. I'll look more into it as I still have quite a long way to go on the build process. Thank you again for the help!!!

Looks like it's coming along great! Also don't worry about the serial killer basement lol, I'm sure most of us have spaces like that which we do stuff in xD

Sorry I havent updated in a while. School has been catching up to me so that mean a lot less time to work haha. As promised I finished the other thigh, however, I don't have a picture sorry! I do however have a picture of the now completed helmet with padding and the visor in place.
(Yay another milestone complete)

20210112_172150.jpg

Anyways I hope to finish up at least one of the shins this weekend.
Until next update byeee
₍˄·͈༝·͈˄*₎◞ ̑̑

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back