Noble 4 Emile 3D printed build (getting pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I have had a few printer issues, followed up by guests staying for close to a week (printer is in the spare room). So to save them from a noisy sleep, my printer has been dry for a bit.
Going to give it a once over to see if I can fix the finicky issue (extruder gear appears to be hitting a limiter and backing up a bit on long flat layers like the bottom layer). It may just need a cold pull or something to clear it out. I also have a metal extruder housing on the way.

Really neat! Bet it'll look good once the paint is on

Nice work with the detachable kukri :)

So the printer has been going a bit this week. Actually had a hot end issue lol. But printing good now.
Currently printing my Reach Shotgun. Scaled down the Thingiverse file, but it might still be just a tad large...but I’m too far in to stop now haha. Might just have to print a second later...maybe when I’m just sanding everything else. ill try and get a pic up soon.

Last piece is on now...but I’m impatient.
E75CF7A1-48B8-4035-8562-6B7F061B270B.jpeg

So the printer has been going a bit this week. Actually had a hot end issue lol. But printing good now.
Currently printing my Reach Shotgun. Scaled down the Thingiverse file, but it might still be just a tad large...but I’m too far in to stop now haha. Might just have to print a second later...maybe when I’m just sanding everything else. ill try and get a pic up soon.

Probably can mount up the larger Reach shotgun as a wall display while you use the smaller one as the actual one to be carried around?

(Always wanted to do that with my Fallout Laser Rifle but sadly not enough space on the wall :( )

The assembly process begins! Using epoxy to hold it. The structure seems pretty strong, and Gorilla epoxy is nuts, so this should be good once I gap fill/sand/paint (Bondo where needed).

Also, on adding photos...are the ones I’m adding too big? I have upload options. Just don’t want to crush people’s bandwidth, though don’t want people to squint or guess what the pic is of lol

Attachments

• 360A2CDD-1A36-410C-B65F-C9621C77B613.jpeg
    360A2CDD-1A36-410C-B65F-C9621C77B613.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 175
The assembly process begins! Using epoxy to hold it. The structure seems pretty strong, and Gorilla epoxy is nuts, so this should be good once I gap fill/sand/paint (Bondo where needed).

Also, on adding photos...are the ones I’m adding too big? I have upload options. Just don’t want to crush people’s bandwidth, though don’t want people to squint or guess what the pic is of lol
Looking good! As for the pictures, do you mean how you are uploading them, or the picture taking process. Either way is fine. If you upload as a full image, it is nice and big, but you can still click on it to zoom in or the sort. If you upload as a thumbnail, it is small, but you can click on it and it opens it to the standard full screen size. Shouldnt be a problem for either, it is just uploaded preference

Halo Reach shotguns are big ol chunguses and I love them. Welcome to the team of Canadians rocking a an M45!
Woo!
Is yours...built, I mean obviously is assembled, but I mean from things beyond PLA? I can see a few 3D parts, but the barrels look metal, and a picatiny rail.

So mine ‘should’ be about 90-95cm when complete from the looks of it.

Woo!
Is yours...built, I mean obviously is assembled, but I mean from things beyond PLA? I can see a few 3D parts, but the barrels look metal, and a picatiny rail.

So mine ‘should’ be about 90-95cm when complete from the looks of it.
I believe mine clocks in at 97cm but that might be a bit different after recent repairs.

Everything is 3D printed except for the drawer slide in the pump grip and the barrels that are 1/2" PVC.

And after raiding my father in laws clamp stash, here is my Chungus lol
Not as large as I thought it was going to be. But still pretty large. Should work with a full suit..the bulk will soften it up I think.
Unlike Turbo’s, mines all ‘one piece’. No moving parts...sadly. Racking it would have been fun haha
95cm barrel to butt. ~38” for the colonials.
D19DCDB8-256C-4419-9B6F-C36ABD62ADDB.jpeg
D95DEFA9-151B-44B7-8B68-0C6010C6AE6C.jpeg

And after raiding my father in laws clamp stash, here is my Chungus lol
Not as large as I thought it was going to be. But still pretty large. Should work with a full suit..the bulk will soften it up I think.
Unlike Turbo’s, mines all ‘one piece’. No moving parts...sadly. Racking it would have been fun haha
95cm barrel to butt. ~38” for the colonials.
View attachment 279381View attachment 279382
That's a mighty fine looking chungus. Really clean glue up as well!

That's a mighty fine looking chungus. Really clean glue up as well!
Thanks! Yeah those clamps and the gorilla epoxy did a great job. My fingers were a bit sticky...but all good.
Only a few minor gaps I’ll have to fill with some Bondo or something. Mostly from a lifted corner or whatnot...also used some of the print as tests for my printer fixes lol

Last edited:
Canadian thanksgiving and prepping for my baby have slowed things down a bit, but I have finished the left arm, and printing the back now.
Pics to come. Must assemble them first.

Shotgun has had a quick run with some sandpaper to see what I’m looking at. It’s going surprisingly well.

Update. My printer had a bind in the spool last night....so it wasn’t extruding anything for about an hour from what I can tell. My eSun PLA+ must have had a twist in it. Haven’t had an issue before, but I know it’s not unheard of.
Either way...back 1 of 6 is back on the plate now. Ugh. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back