Noble 4 Emile 3D printed build (getting pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as of a couple days ago, I officially have a little spartan now :). And as expected, she is taking up a lot of my time. And with all the family coming and going...not sure when I’m gonna get back at my printer lol.
Congratulations!

If anyone shows up from ONI, remember to thank them kindly for their time and turn them away.

Congratulation!!!!! Take your time.....no rush. A new born is a lot of responsibility. Your first?
Thanks! We have a 7y at home, but this is MY first yes :)

Congratulations!

If anyone shows up from ONI, remember to thank them kindly for their time and turn them away.
Thanks!
I dunno...I mean it could be pretty cool. Unless it’s Gen-02 style...I don’t want a faulty clone. But like watching my kid become Buck? Bad ass haha

Ok, so I’m back!...ish haha. The chest killed me that it was too small...that and the kid of course. I started a Mandalorian suit in the meantime. Now that most of that is printed, I have the itch to print some more Noble. Yes I know, two suits at once!? It’s ambitious...but I can do it.

The thing that has kept me from coming back to Emile is...well the helmet. The lens is daunting, and I’ve seen a lot of them done...not how I would like it. So I have been torn to switch to a different Noble team member. I’m not big enough for a Jorge, so it falls to 6, Carter and Jun. I’m leaning towards Carter. What are your guys thoughts? I can figure the chest out with Armorsmith. And since the Noble are basically 90% the same suit...I’m not setting myself back very far haha.

Ok, so I’m back!...ish haha. The chest killed me that it was too small...that and the kid of course. I started a Mandalorian suit in the meantime. Now that most of that is printed, I have the itch to print some more Noble. Yes I know, two suits at once!? It’s ambitious...but I can do it.

The thing that has kept me from coming back to Emile is...well the helmet. The lens is daunting, and I’ve seen a lot of them done...not how I would like it. So I have been torn to switch to a different Noble team member. I’m not big enough for a Jorge, so it falls to 6, Carter and Jun. I’m leaning towards Carter. What are your guys thoughts? I can figure the chest out with Armorsmith. And since the Noble are basically 90% the same suit...I’m not setting myself back very far haha.
How would you ideally want to make Emile's visor?

I wonder if you could 3D print Emile's visor from transparent plastic, then sand it smooth up to 2000 grit?
From what I have seen with transparent filaments, it comes out more like...salt? Like translucent more than transparent. Still kinda cloudy.

Found this on reddit a while ago in reference to this actually lol.
So I would need a very thin lens with ABS and an acetone bath, and it looks like it would still have some cloud with multiple layers.

Attachments

• E1CA385E-FE6F-4739-B82A-D95146D3EBFA.jpeg
    E1CA385E-FE6F-4739-B82A-D95146D3EBFA.jpeg
    306.7 KB · Views: 156
What is preventing you from doing it this way? My favorite emile helmet so far was vacuumed 5o have the eva shape, then they used a dremel to score the surface like emile did in game

Don't give up! You'll find a way! If you actualy want to switch to another noble for reasons other than crafting hardships, then by all means go ahead, BUT! If your favorite is Emile and/or that's really who you want to be then you must persevere! I believe in you! You'll figure it our eventually, we all have problems with our builds but the end result is what matters. If you switch to something you don't really want you will most likely regret it. Do what you want to do. Whatever you choose I'm sure everyone on the 405th will be happy to help you with it. :D

I wonder if you could 3D print Emile's visor from transparent plastic, then sand it smooth up to 2000 grit?
You wouldn’t be able to see though it. You’d also want to print it with no more than one wall and zero infill. I think Polymaker has a filament Polysmooth that can be smoothed and made almost transparent with alcohol (IPA) vapors.

So I think I’m going to print the rest of the Noble suit. Then make my decision on the rest. I’ll still lean towards Emile, but we shall see.
I find it’s a harder kit to nail from what I’ve seen. The grenades and canisters can look cartoonish, the helm can be hard, and the grey/brick can be drab. Carters look is cleaner and his colour pops a bit more.

Ok! So I sliced the chest again after playing far too long in Armorsmith lol. My guess was 110%. I tried some non-linear scaling and it worked-ish. printed the front collar with some shoulder and it’s a much better fit than the old one. It still touches my neck, but almost rests on my shoulders. So a small adjustment with a heat gun or just cutting and foaming and I think I’m happy. Still going to print the lower rib part to make sure that fits, then the rest!

Sorry TurboCharizard but I ran out of silver...so it’s becoming a rainbow suit again lol. My supplier is out of silver too...so we’ll see how rainbow it becomes.

So I was doing some other prints for my friends and family, and I’ve been noticing Some weird extrusion anomalies. They appear to be Z axis related. I was getting under extrusion...but only on some axis, so I took the lead screw out, cleaned and lubed it and put it back. Doing a test print overnight. Wish me luck!

Ok! So I think I got it! It surprisingly is related to combing from the looks of it. Long travels and retraction seem to cause some issues, so switching my combing setting seems to fix it :) head on over to /r/fixmyprint and you can see more details. Not sure if I’m allowed to link directly to another site...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back