Noble six build - no bondo. Doing one piece per day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your armor looks really good Charlie, my Mark VI suit was done only with Resin and fiberglass mat for the inside not one bit of bondo. Looking foward to seeing you at D*C.

I'm new to building Halo armor, and this website, does anybody have any ideas on how to start building armor, and mabey some alternitives to pep.

Go to the creation discussion, then go to the pepakura area and read the stickys for pepakura, resining, bondo and painting. Try not to ask again in someones thread there's a area in the noob forum that's titled Ask A Question and that's where you should have asked this. Too many of these kind of things and a mod might get onto you.

I think the point is you can make a suit without bondo and have it look pretty decent. It may not look perfect or good enough for some people but to most, especially people that dont know much about Halo, will think it's awesome just the same. Personally I like Mudglassing because it's just as quick as smoothcasting. It is toxic however but cheaper. Plus if you put it in thick enough and you use a decent Hd or smothed file you can just sand through the paper into the rondo to smooth it and need almost none if any bondo on the outside. It's been working pretty good so far, but I do like the idea of no bondo. Even if you use the smoothcast you could sand through the paper and get a smoother peice without the need for bondo as long as you had a think enough layer of plastic, but smoothcast is expensive especially if your like me and have limited funds. So I say this method should work for anyone who needs to get a decent looking suit done fast.

not really. the price of fiberglass and bondo is the same as a trial kit of smoothcast. two trial kits is enough for one suit. and thats using a thick coat of plastic. you can get it done with one trial kit of smoothcast, but it will have a little bit of flex to it.

i have an update. i got my craft robo and finished setting it up. so far ive cut and scored: 2 shoulders, 2 shins, a forearm, a handplate, and a thigh in 2 days. it cuts 3 inches per second! thats 4 times what i can do on straight parts! i highly recommend the craft robo

picture teaser of progress
progressedited.jpg

the bottom was supposed to say boots... ***facepalm***

Looking good man. Haha funny typo on the boots. Those shins look huge to me though, but maybe thats just the picture playing tricks on me.

ive a question...
ive started my own odst suit a month ago... in a few days i spraypaint my helmet, but i dont really know how to make the paint more realistic... i will use four diffrent colors... black for the neck details and the border of the visor, dark grey for the base color, chrome for the carved lines to highlight them and blue or brown for the color stripe...

but i want to make hightlights for the color itself to make it more realistic... how can i get a result with the black and grey color like you did it?
IMG_0365.jpg

a short step by step tutorial and the used materials will be helpfull.

i think you used a sponge to paint the black hightlights on the gray surface. but, please correct me.

The color of the helm itself is just grey primer. Then I sprayed flat black spray paint on a paper towel and sort of smeared it on after it had partially dried. Simple, yet effective

damage technique looks good, but i'm concerned about the no bondo
i have armor that was resined but not bondoed and it is starting to take some unintentional damage
It is now receiving another coat of resin inside and out and bondo on the outside to make the seams flawless
I'm interested to see how yours turns out without the resin or bondo on the outside
good luck

I am a little late on this thread but I am very impressed with this build. You are right, paint can hide and bring out alot in armor. Thanks for doing this build and sharing it!

Coot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back