Noble Team: A Reach Collaboration Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
The flex foam X is pretty great stuff. It is pretty resilient. If you really want to tear it you can, but it takes some effort. Just pinching it won't cause it to tear. I had a piece that I cut out for the wrist, and I was torquing on it pretty good and it wouldn't tear. I really do love this stuff. Almost all of my MKVI is flex foam, and I wouldn't go any other way. Definitely worth the little bit of extra cash. DEFINITELY! Oh, and the density of the flex foam is 10lbs/cu.ft., hence Flex Foam X. Flex Foam 17 is 17 lbs/cu.ft and Flex Foam 25 is, you guessed it, 25 lbs/ cu.ft.

Just another small update on the improved version of the NVG Mount/RangeFinder...

IMG_5720.jpg

IMG_5721.jpg

IMG_5722.jpg

IMG_5723.jpg

It's coming along nicely I think...

Stay safe,

Tim.

If you want the helmet, a great alternative at the moment is a charity auction that Ithica has going until tomorrow at midnight. I sent him a slightly flawed pull which he cleaned up, painted, and installed a visor. I would check it out. All of the moneys will go to the member in need. We both donated time and materials, so please, Please, PLEASE check it out! You can find the it here.

Well, I guess its time for an update! First let me say welcome to Nicktendo, he has filled the absence of ForgedReclaimer who sadly had to leave us for the time being due to personal issues he needed to work through. He will be doing some modeling for us and has a build or two of his own that he will be undertaking. I have gotten started on the thighs, and am mostly finished the right thigh. I would say entirely finished but there are a few areas I want to rework before I cast it. You can see the full process in my LT wip thread, but I will post some pics here of the general process. Enjoy!!

Pepped

IMG_5640.jpg

Mudglassed

IMG_5645.jpg

Ready to Rondo

IMG_5643.jpg

Rondoed

IMG_5647.jpg

Bondoing

IMG_5648.jpg

IMG_5649.jpg

Primered

IMG_5651.jpg

Foamies

IMG_5653.jpg

Base painted and showing scale:

IMG_5662.jpg

New detail lines:

IMG_5667.jpg

IMG_5668.jpg

Blackwashed:

IMG_5690.jpg

So I will be rounding off the areas that are squared so it kinda matches the back of the thigh more. That will happen late sometime next week, I have to ship it from TX where I am on vacation to my apartment in Utah. Well, there you go!!

Holy... Crap... :lol

Are you gonna have me buy thighs from you too (I dont have the funds :( ) but these are seriously full of win!

Haha, well Rhinoc the thighs won't be available until sometime in June, so you will have to start saving your pennies and dimes!! Next thing done will be the boots, Kasper is about done with the sculpt and will be doing the transition cast sometime next week. So you can expect the boots to be available mid May.

Might I ask what the hight is on those thighs?

I ask because I made my own but it seems GIGANTIC on me!

Thanks ahead of time

Thighs are a height of 14 inches, or 355 mm. The have good room on my legs around the knee, unlike the MKvi which are crazy tight. It helps that the scalloped inner part is separate, gives you more room and mobility.

14? oh wow, thats what i scale mine to the day they came out. i think it's my default scale of the armor as well. thats just weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back