Noob 1st Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

regr3t

So I finally started to quit "wanting" to start a build and do it. I've spent a lot of time reading around the forums and got most of the information I need. I have a few questions here and there but hopefully things turn out ok.

Initial progress:

Good work, Spartan, no other asset could've gotten it done.

lol, seriously, nice job, I'm hopefully beginning my helmet tomorrow in the afternoon.

Well got my helmet resined and ready for rondoing. Its pretty sturdy and though it was slightly lopsided in the beginning, I think I fixed it during the resining stage with a little weight in the right places.

This looks Awesome for your first build!

By the way I wanted to let you know that your hand really scared me. In your pic I have out lined ( Link at bottom) what I thought was a weird backwards thumbs up.. I was looking at it for no word of a lie, like 7 min
7.jpg
utes trying to figure out what was wrong with it haha. the I got it.

http://tinypic.com/r/1or90i/7

Anyways enough of my weirdness... Keep up the build and i'll be keeping my eye on this thread :)

PmsProxy

This looks Awesome for your first build!

By the way I wanted to let you know that your hand really scared me. In your pic I have out lined ( Link at bottom) what I thought was a weird backwards thumbs up.. I was looking at it for no word of a lie, like 7 min
7.jpg
utes trying to figure out what was wrong with it haha. the I got it.

http://tinypic.com/r/1or90i/7

Anyways enough of my weirdness... Keep up the build and i'll be keeping my eye on this thread :)

PmsProxy

Yeah that same thing actually concerned me too! I was soooo confused until I figured out that my girlfriend put a thumbs up in at the last second, so there are actually two hands there!

I'm almost done pepping my shoulders They are ODST and coming along nicely. Thanks for all the compliments, Im learning a lot and the feedback really helps!

It's looking good so far. The helm looks clean and straight from what I can see in the picture. Keep up the good work.

finished the shoulders, I've got them resined too... as you may be able to guess by my progression, im a little bit worried and avoiding that bondo/rondo external stage :p Im gonna find some creative and effective way to attach these shoulders, because ive also pepped a few reach biceps to go with them.

Sorry for the double-post, Ive pepped one bicep and rondoed the inside of the shoulders..... I think today ill start bondoing the outsides.... wish me luck, ill need it! I know the arm looks kind of small, but I think it might be ok since im combining it with the ODST shoulders? What do you guys think?

Wow your really knocking these peps out of you! your much faster then I am haha.
Its looking great though, I'm impressed! You definitely didn't need to call this topic a noobs 1 build, because by your work you are no noob.

Keep up with the updates and good luck with bondoing the out side. Just remember, don't put to much on at once, Work with small sections.( Thats what I do lol)

Cant wait to see the rest!
-PmsProxy

Great progress so far on your peps. Remember, when you apply Bondo, body filler, what ever you want to call it, do it sparingly. It will help keep the sanding to a minimum. And use a light coat spray paint before sanding between coats of body filler. It will help show where you have high that you need to sand down or low spots that need a little more filler. Sanding blocks help alot too. Small blocks of wood, paint sticks, anything like that will help you get nice even surfaces. Just my two cents. Hope it helps and good luck with the rest of your build!:)

Just finished rondoing the inside of the rest of the shoulder pieces that I missed last time, and bondoing the outside of one of the shoulder pieces.... I REALLY need some practice with bondo/rondo on the outside. I rondoed a section of my helmet and it came out...... awkward. I will post pics of shoulders when they are cured, Im thinking I didnt add enough hardener to the rondo so thatll be interesting as well -.-

I'm not sure if your meant to rondo the outside also. I think you just use the bondo on the outer parts of the helm, by adding it in small sections then sanding, then more bondo and more sanding until you finish. Because what you have there is going to be a pain in the butt to sand.

Next section just use the bondo puddy with its hardener and that will work much better.

Thats just my opinion :]

-PmsProxy

I agree, my brother who introduced me to this whole process suggested that I try rondoing the outside to save time, but just now told me that it isnt as easy as he thought, so im attempting just regular bondo on my shoulder pads, and hopefully ill be able to figure it out by the time I work my way through them, cause the first shoulder with just bondo is gonna take a LOT of sanding....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back