Odst Buck Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

sierra092

I finally have a WIP after being away for a week and my old phone not decideding to connect to the computer :p

I'm hoping to have the WHOLE suit done by next may for the London MCM Expo but if I can get it down for christmas, yay for me :D

Here lies my chestpiece.

Sadly i scrapped it to make room for a new one (sorry nightshade)

Heres the first shoudler piece (the triangle part is in there somewhere)

DSC00003.jpg

And the second

DSC00004.jpg

Should be done with the second one tonight then I'll go on to do Crackhead's gaunlets.

damn lookin good

what chest plate file is that,from what i can tell it looks like the Weta one but idk it looks different too

Harding29 said:
damn lookin good

what chest plate file is that,from what i can tell it looks like the Weta one but idk it looks different too

Thanks.

Its not the WETA one, its from the ODST thread. I also kept on forgetting to put edgeID on

UPDATE!

printed off knees, left gauntlet, torso and helmet. The helmet came up to 20 pages after i had scaled and rearranged it! BLIMEY

Last edited by a moderator:
sierra092 said:
I finally have a WIP after being away for a week and my old phone not decideding to connect to the computer :p

I'm hoping to have the WHOLE suit done by next may for the London MCM Expo but if I can get it down for christmas, yay for me :D

Heres my chest piece:

DSC00001.jpg

I had to write numbers on because i forgot to print out the EdgeID

DSC00003.jpg

And the second

DSC00004.jpg

Should be done with the second one tonight then I'll go on to do Crackhead's gaunlets.

looks great keep up the good work:).can't wait to see some bondo n paint on it.

sierra092 said:
Thanks.

Its not the WETA one, its from the ODST thread. I also kept on forgetting to put edgeID on

UPDATE!

printed off knees, left gauntlet, torso and helmet. The helmet came up to 20 pages after i had scaled and rearranged it! BLIMEY

oh i know y it looks different then mine cuz i used the ODST thread on too,it cuz i lowered the almost flat line degree thing but hope the helemts turnin out good

sierra092 said:

Heres my chest piece:

DSC00001.jpg

I had to write numbers on because i forgot to print out the EdgeID

DSC00003.jpg

And the second

DSC00004.jpg

this is most likely a stupid-ass question.....but is the shoulder scaled correctly? or did u have to up size it?

IroniumCostuming said:
this is most likely a stupid-ass question.....but is the shoulder scaled correctly? or did u have to up size it?

The default is 190mm, when i pepped that it was stupidly small. Then i pepped it at 250mm and it was still too small. So i scaled this one to 320mm, it looks a little big but it fits alright.

Edit. Question, should i use spartan thighs or odst thighs? because the spartan thighs look more accurate to the odst ones :/

Update, finished the lower part of the shoulder set, still need to put together the triangle part.

DSC00007.jpg

About there being no raised trapezium part, i plan on cutting that out with of card and glueing it on, its much easier :p

Minor update. Half way through pepping the helmet.

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

And just for a preferance, this is the glue i use.

DSC00015.jpg

I always get the one with the "handy brush" because i find its so much easier then using the squeezy variant.

Should have my helmet done in a day or 2. Going to start on the 1ManBattalion's torso piece then.

31/08 edit.

Helmet pepped.

DSC00033.jpg

typical english weather even in summer its raining!

DSC00035.jpg

DSC00034.jpg

Theres enough room for a tea party in there, maybe its a little too big

xXSTICKXx said:
looking goood. the helmet looks great especially cuz your fits;) (stupid scaling ) :p

i always scale my helmets to 290mm as i know it fits :p

Sorry to double post, but small update :)

DEcided to start helmet again, this time make it smaller (i feel like a bobble-head toy). In the middle of doing the chest piece using the same method that Savvytank used. Half way through a shin - got a calf guard done. Done 1 knee pad for now and in the middle of pepping Nightshade's equipment plates. :)

Also, found this airsoft vest which I'm thinking of using instead of the modelled torso, think it's a good idea?

Right guys (and girls) this will probably be my last update for afew weeks as there odst to play and the ammount of coursework i've been given over the past few days :(

DSC00052.jpg

^ made another odst helmet as the first one i made was a tad too big. I'm giving that one to Wired as he hasnt done his yet.

DSC00062.jpg

start of a hip plate.

DSC00060.jpg

^ One shin set and a forarm. I might scratch build my forarms as the one i pepped is too wide, perfect length though.

DSC00061.jpg

There are my 2 helmets and a thigh, the thigh feel a little small and i have to squeeze it up my leg so i might do that again.

ALSO.. Spoiler!

I made an amazing discovery on odst :D (I bet i'm not the only one but it made me chuckle)

There are elites in ODST, albiet dead ones :lol

DSC00059.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back