ODST build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also forgot to mention above the pep files I used. I would like to give props to Nightshade for the shoulder piece, and on the helmet, I used a file labeled NZ-TK. I'm not sure if that is who made it or not, but thanks all the same.

just a note, you can add the pics directly to your post by clicking the link in "Share this Image" with "IMG CODE" and paste them in your post so it wont open separate windows, just a lil FYI

Pepakurapics007.jpg

just a note, you can add the pics directly to your post by clicking the link in "Share this Image" with "IMG CODE" and paste them in your post so it wont open separate windows, just a lil FYI

Pepakurapics007.jpg
hmm. Not quite sure I follow you there bigred. Sorry, I've never done this lol. Think you could break it down a bit? I would appreciate it.

Nice man. Very detailed. Yes the helmets can be a pain. I have pepped out a MkVI helmet and it took a while for me to get it together, as I'm new to this. The ODST helmet I am working is simpler, but still took some time.

sure no problem, when you go to the page your pics are stored on, click on one of the pictures...and on the far left there will be an area that says "share this image" with four different link options
1. email and IM
2. Direct Link
3. HTML Code
4. Image Code

click on white box beside image code, that will automatically copy the text in the box, then in your post you can either right click in the post box and then click paste or you can use your keyboard shortcut: ctrl (control) and the V key which will paste it in there also, then hit enter a couple of times and paste your additional pics until you have all your pics you want listed, I hope this helps

081410215959.jpg

081410215916.jpg

Hi all. Though it was time for a small update since I just finished pepping the chest plate. I have decided to pep the whole suit out before I start the resin and fiberglass process, and use practice parts in the meantime to get the hang of it. Any way, here is what I have, so let me know what you think.

082110153150.jpg

082110153130.jpg

082110153120.jpg

By the way, I apologize for the bad pic quality. My digital camera broke and all I have is my cell phone, and it is a POS. :)

hey :)
ive a question, how old is your son? the peps looks really sweet.
small pieces takes longer because of the small details you have to cut an glue.

the first picture i saw, was the hand size shoulder piece... then i read that the armor is for your son ;)

if you need any help just PM me... i will help you, especially with the painting process. (check out my video tutorial if you want to begin with coloring your armor.

btw:
in relations to the chest piece, the shoulders looks a little to heavy... what size did you use for the both pieces

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bad. i've finished pep work on my chest piece and I have to say I was getting angry at the glueing process cause it was hard to glue the small pieces together.

hey :)
ive a question, how old is your son? the peps looks really sweet.
small pieces takes longer because of the small details you have to cut an glue.

the first picture i saw, was the hand size shoulder piece... then i read that the armor is for your son ;)

if you need any help just PM me... i will help you, especially with the painting process. (check out my video tutorial if you want to begin with coloring your armor.

btw:
in relations to the chest piece, the shoulders looks a little to heavy... what size did you use for the both pieces

My son is 5 years old and he is a skinny little guy. He is tall for his age and he has broad shoulders. The first thing I did was take measurements all over his body so it should be fairly accurate. After I pep out each piece, I put it on him to make sure it fits good. I'm not sure on the scale, but for the height I put each shoulder piece at 180 mm.

Thank for the help offer, I'm sure I will be asking you questions all the time. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks csm8670, and the gluing process does take patience. I use what is called Tacky Glue which can be bought at Wal Mart. The stuff isn't as fast as hot glue, but is more forgiving in that if you drop a piece or place it wrong, you can reposition it before it dries. It does dry really quick if you be sure to press the paper together.

Sorry for the lack in updates, been a busy week. I am finishing up the stomach plate and right shin piece and will have pics soon.

Once again, sorry for no updates. Turns out my son doesn't want the armor right now lol. I guess that is the attention span of a five year old. Anyway, I'm going to start on an ODST project for myself, and needed some advice.

Should I continue off of this thread, or start a new one? If I start a new one, how would I go about deleting this one? Thanks. :)

I would just start a new one, I think only the mods can delete a thread, not totally for sure, btw...where are all these Oklahomans coming from...their like cockroaches (not really) I have a bet with Dericrw who also hails from Oklahoma (and is a *cough* OSU alumn) that KSU is gonna kick there tails in the upcoming game...if we win...he paints a KSU power cat on his armor, if God forbid OSU's wins, I paint a cowboy on mine! are you a Cowboy or Sooner?

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/27248-Oklahoma-Master-Chief?p=449154#post449154

I would just start a new one, I think only the mods can delete a thread, not totally for sure, btw...where are all these Oklahomans coming from...their like cockroaches (not really) I have a bet with Dericrw who also hails from Oklahoma (and is a *cough* OSU alumn) that KSU is gonna kick there tails in the upcoming game...if we win...he paints a KSU power cat on his armor, if God forbid OSU's wins, I paint a cowboy on mine! are you a Cowboy or Sooner?

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/27248-Oklahoma-Master-Chief?p=449154#post449154

I have noticed a lot of Oklahomans as well as Texans here. I hate it here in Oklahoma lol. It is too hot and the area that I am from is way to humid for my liking. My family and I are considering moving someplace cooler. I think if I wore a full suit for too long here, I would dehydrate for sure. Anyway, I am not really into football that much, which is another reason why I feel I don't belong here. Everyone is a football fan. I have nothing against it, I played high school football and started both ways, and I was good at it. I think I would just rather play than watch...I don't know lol. Anyway, thanks for the advice and i hope you follow my build. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back