ODST Helmet doesn't seem to fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dougborski

Hai Guiyz!!

Hows it goin' Hows the Armor coming? Great? Cool

I have a question,
OK people I been making pepakura ODST helmets for the past 2 months, I've not given up on this one yet but, my last ODST Helmet, well, it doesn't really seem to fit my head. Like my face rubs up against the paper visor, when I tried it on, before Fiberglassin' it. But why is that? Do I have to big of a head?:confused

I wanna make a VISR my self but I don't want it fogging up all the dang time i put on the helmet.All the measurments check out, I folded everything correctly. But is there some way I could get a correct measurement method for ODST helmets or something? I need help.

P.S I'm using the HD Helmet by Kirrou (Yeah! Go Kirrou!)

OK people I been making pepakura ODST helmets for the past 2 months, I've not given up on this one yet but, my last ODST Helmet, well, it doesn't really seem to fit my head. Like my face rubs up against the paper visor, when I tried it on, before Fiberglassin' it. But why is that? Do I have to big of a head?:confused

I wanna make a VISR my self but I don't want it fogging up all the dang time i put on the helmet.All the measurments check out, I folded everything correctly. But is there some way I could get a correct measurement method for ODST helmets or something? I need help.

P.S I'm using the HD Helmet by Kirrou (Yeah! Go Kirrou!)

Well, you probably scaled it wrong, that's why it's too small.

But now that you already have one that almost fits, you don't have to completely start over. The model you have gives you important information - based on its size (which you hopefully remember), you can estimate the correct size a lot more precisely than just with a mirror and a ruler.

For the helmet I use the width instead of the height. What I did is to tape a peace of paper head height on the wall and stand with my back to the wall. Place a pencil on your ear and mark the paper. Make sure the pencil is straight. Repeat for the other side. Now measure between the two points on the paper and add 2 inches. This number will be the min you can go with sizing. Now the fun part, you have to look at each helmet model straight on and find the widest part. On the odst it is down around the jaw area. They usually stick out about 1inch to an 1 1/2 inches on each side. That means you need to add 2 to 3 inches to your base measurement, convert and plug in the number. I started doing it this way after I built my first HD Mark VI helm and have not had a problem since. The key is the base measurement.

But now that you already have one that almost fits, you don't have to completely start over. The model you have gives you important information - based on its size (which you hopefully remember), you can estimate the correct size a lot more precisely than just with a mirror and a ruler.

I didn't scale it or anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back