ODST/Recon Build Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
20210207_125728.jpg

Man, I don't even know where to start.
With my ODST helmet, I can kinda figure out where to start. But with Recon?? Where do I begin?
The way I started my ODST helmet was at the base. The bottom part of the helmet.

Help.

Well, I've never built Recon helmet, but I believe, looking at your picture and a reference image of a Recon's bucket, I think that you might could start with part of the sides and base. Again, having never built Recon stuff, I can't be a voice of wisdom. This might need somebody else's help.

Perhaps you could try constructing the sides first, to be sure they are the right length, then do the bottom, then the top, and lastly the front. That's just my recommendation, so you do whatever seems best to you.

Well, I've never built Recon helmet, but I believe, looking at your picture and a reference image of a Recon's bucket, I think that you might could start with part of the sides and base. Again, having never built Recon stuff, I can't be a voice of wisdom. This might need somebody else's help.

Perhaps you could try constructing the sides first, to be sure they are the right length, then do the bottom, then the top, and lastly the front. That's just my recommendation, so you do whatever seems best to you.
I realized I forgot to resize my templates to fit my head when I apply them to foam. But Someone did recommend I start at the chin.

Your suggestions or recommendations are appreciated.

love too see it! is the Harbor freight foam easy to work with?
It's less dense than most higher quality cosplay foams you will see. Because of this, it can be sometimes easier to cut, but is harder to cut curves and more intricate parts. It more dull your blade is, I also find the harbor freight foam reacts worse to it, ie jagged cuts/tears or messy lines. For the price it's really good, but doesnt have the quality of the other stuff. Jumping from this to other foams doesnt feel too different, so it's not like its terribly drastic, but you can sort of feel something is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back