Odst Weta Landfall Ver. Pep Armor By Skg & Crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
rvb4life said:
and i may need to get some refrence pics about how to attach this to-be contraption to my body, because there are parts i have never seen before.
once again, great job!!!!

Drawings are in the pipeline, and will most likely include all buckles, rivets, and anything you'll ever need to know about the ODSTs. They are a ways off, but they are in the works.

Last edited by a moderator:
*dramatically takes off glasses* My God....:notworthy:

Once i find the right size for my helmet, this will be my next project. I give thanks to all who helped out in making this armor; it looks amazing.

I can't believe I didn't see this topic b4.......I can't wait to get the files to work on it , good bloody job so far
ps once the files are out, I will see what I can do to help about attaching with straps, buckles, etc.

Bentley aka Sandler

Sandler said:
I can't believe I didn't see this topic b4.......I can't wait to get the files to work on it , good bloody job so far
ps once the files are out, I will see what I can do to help about attaching with straps, buckles, etc.

Bentley aka Sandler

Very cool man :D All help/suggestions are welcome :)

theres an idea I was thinking of, don't know if it has crossed anyones mind. What if someone were to do a very high res pep file of just the lens and then you could use the tint film method that is floating around here and that way it won't be so blocky. Cuz the way I look at it, if your going to spend so much time making the suit look so great, why have the lens look like total crap. If you know what I mean.

Bentley aka Sandler

this is so awsome! i cant belive i didnt see it earlier! thanks everyone who helped make this! i just have a question, how do you attach the front armor pieces? they seem to be floating. do you attach them to your BDU er undersuit thingy?

@FS: Excellent! Thanks for the wonderful Contribution :)

rachciav said:
this is so awsome! i cant belive i didnt see it earlier! thanks everyone who helped make this! i just have a question, how do you attach the front armor pieces? they seem to be floating. do you attach them to your BDU er undersuit thingy?

We're probably going to make a seperate thread about Under Armor and detailing. I dun think we want to muck the thread up with too much information.

The chest pieces are intended to be snapped, velcroed or some how affixed to which ever under armor you choose. YOU CAN maybe look into a paintball vest. I've seen quite a few that have velcro all over them. THAT Was the tricky part of this armor. A lot of it is soft armor. You can't really make comfortable straps out of resin and fiberglassed cardstock. You'll have to look into nylon straps and buckles and belts.

@Alex: Thank you :)

Well, as I posted earlier there's only so much we can do with Pep, as builders we/you have to make some of the loose ends meet up. We did out best to make sure that the armor needs were met. We can't make Pepakura boots, pants or vests, OUCHIE!!

its.....beutiful..... o.o...... :,

awsome job krew i think after the helm though im taken a slight break to get funds back =.= i have cash but...damn i dont no wear it went :whistle: cant wait to get odst done....

*ghost of self over shoulder* NoW GET BACK TO SANDING!!!

I just threw this together to help show what is what:
th_odst_final01.jpg
I've only done the front right now. The names are the same as my unfolded files.

What I'd suggest you (anyone building the armor) do is to build all the pep pieces and possibly fiberglass (or whatever you're going to do to strengthen it) it all before you start doing any major work on it, that way you'll give those working on the drawings and other details enough time to work on it at a comfortable pace and they wont have to worry about people asking questions that they don't have answers to yet ;)

As for any general questions about construction, feel free to post here, in my ODST thread (which I'm working on right now) or if you have to, PM me (I'm a bit behind on replying to PM's though)... I've got almost all the pieces cut and ready for folding and I'll try to help where possible :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back