1st Build ODST WIP

Newbsters

Hope I’m posting this in the right place.
Officially starting my ODST build this week so this’ll be my work in progress thread. Starting on soft parts first then I’ll move onto the armor.

095DB7E9-2239-4F29-B99E-C24D05309544.jpeg

This is my bucket from Branfuhr Studios. Primered it black to better see any imperfections that need to be corrected.

1633122657607.jpeg

Got this shirt to serve as donor fabric for the undersuit sleeves.

Got boots, Sean Bradley’s ODST gloves, and a big piece of leather coming in soon. Need to get some more fabric and pants for the rest of the undersuit. More updates to come.

Last edited:

Newbsters

It’s a very under looked part of a bunch of costumes I’ve seen. I understand though, I absolutely hate all the sewing

Newbsters

Where did you get the boots from, and if you don't mind sharing, how much were they?
Got them on Amazon. Searching jungle boots should get you results. Wouldn’t recommend buying the absolute cheapest ones though as the quality is usually terrible. These costed me $60usd. Word of caution, if you’re not used to these kind of boots take your time breaking them in. Jungle boots are notorious for being rough on feet

Hein B287

Where did you get the boots from, and if you don't mind sharing, how much were they?
I think its these ones if i look at them closely next to each other

Newbsters if its okay to post this, otherwise i'll remove the link ;)

Newbsters

I think its these ones if i look at them closely next to each other

Newbsters if its okay to post this, otherwise i'll remove the link ;)

Those are the exact ones. Wasn’t sure if it would be available in every area so I just let everyone know what kind of boots they are

Newbsters

Got some more material for the undersuit today.

E8C28424-B166-4A95-B432-A90A38F0B755.jpeg
79A5F981-D24A-4920-9243-31E27E11A994.jpeg
75E13563-1B72-4F99-A559-C354C3561955.jpeg

It’s undershirt (A-shirt/tank top, whatever you call it) material. It’s the most cost effect fabric that matches the material around the elbows/knees in the game. Probably gunna have to double up on it to make sure it can’t be seen through. Just need to get some black cotton twill and black jeans and I can start putting all the soft parts together.

Last edited:

Newbsters

More material updates and a quick question.

Question first. How many magnets would it take to hold a 3D printed ODST shoulder piece? I was thinking like 5 rare earth magnets. Wanna make sure it doesn’t get bumped off.

Found these at Walmart. $20 for both items
E9481391-920B-4B00-A739-1729B2170237.jpeg
311DC17D-04EF-4D34-BD83-08DFFA58BC2D.jpeg

These trousers happen to be the off-color black that you see in-game. They also have hidden back pockets. These won’t really need much modification except around the knees.

41E76072-E1F0-495B-9D54-B94D7E4992BB.jpeg
33D4067E-9D6D-4EC3-964A-33A67D43E73E.jpeg

Generic dryfit shirt for the armpit areas. Figured dryfit material would be best for that sweaty area.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.