**Official** Gundam Pepakura File Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The RX-93 Nu Gundam is still being worked on at the moment. There are files that still have to be altered to a more accurate shape.

Zero-Sama i believe the RX-93 Nu head you have is made by Rensole. He was the first to really start off our little group in getting the gundams off the ground.

Kalani, talk to ein385 for what needs to be done with the models in cleanup or fixes. I mostly work on unfolding but my time has been sucked away by college at the moment but im hoping to have some more files out soon. The RX-79[G] is the model i am currently working on unfolding.

So I have downloaded the Gundam pack an decided to unfold the MS-06S Zaku II mostly because I want to have a Zaku to go with my Gundam when it is finished. The only problem is that the Zaku II files have a lot of open faces in them. The point I’m trying to make is that I’m mostly god awful at modeling and I need someone to clean them up for me and make them a little more pep friendly. If anyone is willing to help pm me and I'll send you the files I need fixed

Last edited by a moderator:
yea I know but it looks like kalani has some skill in that area so it was more a post for him so he can help out.

So...I built a 4th shoulder haha. It was kinda bugging me the 3rd one so I said to hell with it and over scaled it from the last measurement and I'm actually loving that I did it this last time (for reals hopefully). NOW I'm building the other side and detail objects for the shoulders. Here is a side by side of the 3rd shoulder piece and 4th. If anyone else builds this I hope they learn from my scaling mistakes haha.
2011-04-22_06-21-54_778copy.jpg

Gotta say I love having the details, but hated, and I mean hated folding the thrusters hahaha. Right shoulder with details, next is to scale the rest of the arm.

th_2011-04-22_15-06-28_999.jpg

Hey guys. sorry ive been busy with RL. I am currently using Autodesk Maya and I was wondering if you could export the files as OBJ or something that Maya can use. I think that OBJ will do fine. I tried to convert the files with fbx but it didnt work.

Had to take a break, the scaling and re-peping were killing me but I'm back at it. I'm not sure I'm going to make the upper arm pieces cause they weren't fitting up right with the shoulder so I'm putting those till the end. Just finished the lower arm and I've got to say for me it was some tough spots to glue but I made it. Here are a couple of pics with it on I feel its scaled well enough.

th_2011-04-30_11-19-10_213.jpg th_2011-04-30_11-19-21_504.jpg

Polo that is looking awesome. I just got my 3d program up and running so if ya need anything just let us know. im working on the alex shield right now. Kinda hard since there isnt a lot of references for it. Should be manageable.

Well im a complete idiot. i forgot i could use the pdo files to edit the models.

Polo that is looking awesome. I just got my 3d program up and running so if ya need anything just let us know. im working on the alex shield right now. Kinda hard since there isnt a lot of references for it. Should be manageable.

I actually found my Alex figure and his shield so if you want reference shots I can supply them, just let me know.

As far as the model I re did some of the flap attachments and pieces in pepakura designer to get an easier build. Should be cracking out the right lower arm in the next day or two and Im hoping its not a lot better than the left else I may remake the left haha.

If it is an easier unfold let me know and get me the file after you saved it if you can. I'll replace the file with the one i have in the pack currently.

If you wouldnt mind polo i would love some reference pictures. Spent a good 3 hours searching the net for some pics but got about 3 perspective angles that aren't proportionate. Front view, side view and top view would suffice. I had to rewatch the show to get an idea of the shield.

So I really hate to say it but I think imma take a break from this. Just spent 2 hours trying to scale the chest to myself and when I got one opening right the rest was way to big or to small and trying to find a nice in between but just doing the math or peping just the open ended parts isn't gonna cut it. Not sure I can make a 40 page 237 part piece more than once haha, if someone could make a tester or something far easier to pep and not worry if it fails I could try that but otherwise for now I've got to take a break haha, the chest is awesome but kicked my butt this day.

So I really hate to say it but I think imma take a break from this. Just spent 2 hours trying to scale the chest to myself and when I got one opening right the rest was way to big or to small and trying to find a nice in between but just doing the math or peping just the open ended parts isn't gonna cut it. Not sure I can make a 40 page 237 part piece more than once haha, if someone could make a tester or something far easier to pep and not worry if it fails I could try that but otherwise for now I've got to take a break haha, the chest is awesome but kicked my butt this day.

Can I offer a few tips? How did you measure your chest? If you measured your chest using the width of your chest it might have come out a bit more form-fitting. If you measured your chest using the height of your chest it would have come out a bit longer and larger. If you plan to try again I would suggest have someone else help you with the measurements and I would also suggest measuring the width of your chest because it might come out better. One thing I have to say though is that this worked for me but I'm not sure if it'll work for you. Just give it a try and see what happens.

Can I offer a few tips? How did you measure your chest? If you measured your chest using the width of your chest it might have come out a bit more form-fitting. If you measured your chest using the height of your chest it would have come out a bit longer and larger. If you plan to try again I would suggest have someone else help you with the measurements and I would also suggest measuring the width of your chest because it might come out better. One thing I have to say though is that this worked for me but I'm not sure if it'll work for you. Just give it a try and see what happens.

I actually didn't think to measure my chest width wise, I'll have someone over sometime this week to work on their pep so that's where I'll get my help and try the chest scaling again this week. Id been measuring chest using height before. In any case defiantly taking a break today haha, thanks for the tip though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back