**Official** Gundam Pepakura File Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy to see what has happened in a year since my comp blew up and this project was dead. Great work on the RX-79(G) so far, I have a version that has a whole lot of details added to it if you want to unfold it as well. It comes with a whole cockpit and a few other areas with added detail and I will post it later.I personally like as much detail as you can get into it but that's just me. Also do you plan on doing the big cannon as well? I know we had some of this gundam done before because a guy was building it until he got to the chest. He asked for a really low detail version of it for scaling so he didn't have to spend a day rebuilding the same part and wasting all that paper, and I dont blame him that chest would be a pain to have to keep redoing. I will work on a low poly version for scaling.

Half way point for the strike gundam. Took me this long due to the fact that I had to figure out how to run a PS2 emulator and get a 3d ripper to work. So far I only the gundam it-self since I have to play the entire gome on my pc from start and it is really really slow FPS. Now I have to get my hands on a working 3d max studio program to look at the models since all I get in blender is a flat mixed up screen shot of the entire level. My Internet dropped when I was installing 3ds max, and it need that to get installed properly. So now I had to restart from start and this thing is over 5gb. Later on I might be able to get the sword stricken pack in the next mission of the game but with the slow frame rate that might not be possible.

IN OTHER NEWS!!!! I have the EZ8 torso ready and unfolded. Torso is in 4 parts since I was to lazy to join them all in one. The back pack has the main torso with it for help scaling it right. Back pack has 6 parts including both thrusters.

Torso -- http://www.4shared.com/file/E_CDD4np/EZ8_Torso.html
Backpack -- http://www.4shared.com/file/G37ixWOn/EZ8_Back_Pack.html

The shin is also ready for unfold. Need to get the shoulder back from the main model since I goofed it up to the point of no return.

Shin -- http://www.4shared.com/file/6c2W6Ys2/EZ8_Shin.html

The EZ8head just needs to be tweeted in some random spot that I did not see before. Then it is ready for unfold.

I will get around to getting the heavy rifle done some other time. The is a file I have that has a lot of UC weapons in it. I'll try and get a screen shot of the group to see what every one would to have that way I don't just do them all.

These files are very low def since I got them from another group outside of the 405th. Credit goes to them for the model rip from the game UCGO. Most of the rips they have are from the UC and not from any other show (seed, OO, wing, just to name a few).

I just finished watching 0080 War in the Pocket. It does an amazing job portraying the lost of innocence from the realities of war. I love how the RX-78NT-1 Gundam has forearm mounted gatling cannons. It would be cool to figure out a mechanism where the gatling guns automatically pop out at a touch of a button with spinning barrels and is easy to retract.

Also, excellent progress with the EZ8 pdo files. I hope you don't plan on doing the storage container. That thing is massive and an eyesore.

Looking good Blertz, you are making it really hard for me to want to finish the RX-79[G] build (since I am no that far). EZ8 was always one of my favorites and those pep files look amazing. May I ask what 3d ripper program you are using? I tried to get that to work once but didn't have any luck.

I just finished watching 0080 War in the Pocket. It does an amazing job portraying the lost of innocence from the realities of war. I love how the RX-78NT-1 Gundam has forearm mounted gatling cannons. It would be cool to figure out a mechanism where the gatling guns automatically pop out at a touch of a button with spinning barrels and is easy to retract.

Also, excellent progress with the EZ8 pdo files. I hope you don't plan on doing the storage container. That thing is massive and an eyesore.

If your talking about the weapon container, then it's up to the person who cosplays as the gundam. If whoever does make it, I'd use sheets of polystyrene that you can get from lowes or Home Depot.

There is a complete Alex gundam on the 405th you just need to find it.

The issue I have right now is that the file from the ripper is completely flat. I'm using 3D ripper DX. It could be doing that because I'm ripping an old game and not one that is 2-4 years.

Cool stuff Blertz, thanks.

@ SabrX if you can't find the the NT1 files on 405th, i think they are in the beginning of this thread, but I have the full set somewhere on my computer, I can reupload them if needed.

Also, I am working on the feet for the RX-79[G], this model is quite a bit messy so is probably going to take some time.

for some reason i cant use or open html am i doing something wrong i would love to get a build for gundam wing i want to build a life size for my livingroom
more into the statue aspects if anyone can help me out that would be great thanx in advance

for some reason i cant use or open html am i doing something wrong i would love to get a build for gundam wing i want to build a life size for my livingroom
more into the statue aspects if anyone can help me out that would be great thanx in advance

I took a look into the google 3d warehouse for any wing zero models and they look like crap to me. Some had the legs of gundam exia, while others were just not right to me.

As for making a actual 5 foot gundam statue will take a lot of effort by making all the pieces fit o a single sheet of paper. Unless you have an industrial printer that go much larger than standard paper sizes.

Getting some of the wing suits will be on my to-do list once I understand more about 3d ripping programs and stuff.

Why build a statue when you can go the extra mile and create a costume?

Why build a statue when you can go the extra mile and create a costume?

I could see it. If you build a costume scaling will inevitably be screwed up. Human proportions and gundam proportions just don't mix. So if you want a realistically scaled statue it likely couldn't double as a costume, unless you were to drop a whole lot of extra time into engineering the correct stilts and extensions for your legs and arms.

Hi all -

I can't work out where I've gone wrong with the Alex head build I'm so nearly finished.

w0k39xv.jpg

The tabs 50/51 appear to be in the wrong place, and dramatically the wrong angle - at least 45° from where they should be.
It's the same on the other side.

Any clues?

could anyone pm any completed gundam files im really wanting to start cosplaying mecha and if anyone could unfold a RX-75 for me i can supply a model all i need unfolded is the torso and tank base

I could see it. If you build a costume scaling will inevitably be screwed up. Human proportions and gundam proportions just don't mix. So if you want a realistically scaled statue it likely couldn't double as a costume, unless you were to drop a whole lot of extra time into engineering the correct stilts and extensions for your legs and arms.

+1 to Gundams not being 100% proportioned to humans. I think the arms aren't off judging by pictures in Clive Lee's Mecha Cosplay tutorial: http://www.therpf.com/f24/general-gundam-mecha-cosplay-tutorial-160555/

Shoes definitely needs to be elevated. Extensions for legs isn't needed if stilts are tall enough. As for stilts, a little bit of research can turn out really simple solutions. While a Gundam may not be perfectly match or scaled to human's physique (seeing as humans come in different shapes and sizes) it can be modeled close enough that it looks proportionally similar.

Someone have a link for a wearable good detailed head of the Sinanju or a Zaku II? i'm not good with freehand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back