Official pepakura scaling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i believe my mc scale shoulder piece is too big, i am 6' even what should i put for my scale as well as every other piece?

Project003 said:
i believe my mc scale shoulder piece is too big, i am 6' even what should i put for my scale as well as every other piece?

i think that depends on whos file its. if its a robo file then yes. depending on how your scaleing method. if you are appling the plug in method that i have posted u need to apply a shoulder ratio(mm) to a shoulder. but if ur useing xtrem tacs then it should work out just by following the tut

Last edited by a moderator:
Question: (DUH) for scaling a busa helmet, how do I? I pepped a smooth recon helmet at 250mm high and it was PERFECT. So, anyone know how I'd scale a busa to that ratio? Stupid spikes on the top...

Boba Fett said:
Question: (DUH) for scaling a busa helmet, how do I? I pepped a smooth recon helmet at 250mm high and it was PERFECT. So, anyone know how I'd scale a busa to that ratio? Stupid spikes on the top...

i believe etrem tac has refranced that in his tut check it out im not to sure. maybe 90% sure it was mentioned

you're correct on that, but the problem is my head is... oddly-shaped and sized. My cranium (BTW:the measurement should be 355 to 360mm) is for someone about 5'9" to 5'11" I'm only 5'4" at best. I will see what I can come up with though... just trying not to waste cardstock.

Boba Fett said:
you're correct on that, but the problem is my head is... oddly-shaped and sized. My cranium (BTW:the measurement should be 355 to 360mm) is for someone about 5'9" to 5'11" I'm only 5'4" at best. I will see what I can come up with though... just trying not to waste cardstock.

try useing regular paper or something else for a tester and try plugging in 5'10 or whatever to try and find your scale

I have tryed several formula to size my armor correctly. I have the chest, helmet and pelvic armors completed so far but when the rest of the set is resized it doesn't fit. I've made several forearm and bicep peices and they do not fit me. Any help?

Tekk said:
I have tryed several formula to size my armor correctly. I have the chest, helmet and pelvic armors completed so far but when the rest of the set is resized it doesn't fit. I've made several forearm and bicep peices and they do not fit me. Any help?

well based on what you said their really isnt much help we can give. what formulas did you use and for what parts. it would also help to know what files you are useing. and if you are useing different files for different parts.

Trinityblue said:
well based on what you said their really isnt much help we can give. what formulas did you use and for what parts. it would also help to know what files you are useing. and if you are useing different files for different parts.

I've been trying to resize the bicep and thighs but when I resize them they either come up way to small or way too big. I've used the formula in this thread plus another I found on the site. Using the picture and hight method. The main problem is some of the defult sizes work for me and others don't. If anyone can help that would be great.

EDIT: I got the pep files I'm using from the Wiki.

Tekk said:
I've been trying to resize the bicep and thighs but when I resize them they either come up way to small or way too big. I've used the formula in this thread plus another I found on the site. Using the picture and hight method. The main problem is some of the defult sizes work for me and others don't. If anyone can help that would be great.

I think I'm gonna have to redo abrant3's video of his scaling with a twist by adding ways to explain how to adjust the pieces to fit once they are pepped by modifying them because sometimes they are scaled right, they just need to be tweaked a little to get them to work.

SupermanExtreme1 said:
I think I'm gonna have to redo abrant3's video of his scaling with a twist by adding ways to explain how to adjust the pieces to fit once they are pepped by modifying them because sometimes they are scaled right, they just need to be tweaked a little to get them to work.

Already covering that in next weeks edition of Tips and Tricks With TACTICS.

As for the scaling problem you are having Tekk, the first thing you should know is to not use the scaling formula posted in this thread. It will always lead to inaccurate scaling when not used with the proper files. I have stated this many times before, and now I am stating it again. Do not use it!

As for the scaling problems not relaited to the other, and it being relaited to my method, feel free to contact me about it. All of my contact information is in the Scaling Tutorial.

Remember to include your height in cm and the picture you are using to scale when you contact me. Chances are you are using a "bad" picture for the method, or you are doing the math inproperly.

This thread was a real life saver. One thing I've learned, scaling it utterly essential for good armor (unfortunately I learned that lesson the hard way).

Redsleighdown said:
Just though this may make some people's work a little easier.

If you have completed any pep armor pieces, please post telling if the armor was too big or small(also give your body measurements) and if you did any rescaling. No one-on-one discussions please.

Thanks

-Red

I'm having problems about my markVI forearm part its alittel bit too big like about two or three inches bigger than what my arm lengthis

Chuck-126 said:
blinkava44 said:
i scaled it to what was on the first page cuz its my size.. and the numbers overlap?? is anybody else getting that? or should i just reprint

??

The numbers sometimes do overlap unless you change the font size in the Configuration menu. If it's going to create a problem for you, I'd say reprint them. I didn't have a problem myself because it didn't happen too often.

there is alot of problems in creating suits of halo and other suits butim having trouble on mine the sizing and everything. the size for the files are all different why cant there be a formula for all the files to scale it easier that would save alot of time can you help chuck?

Blitzkrieg said:
there is alot of problems in creating suits of halo and other suits butim having trouble on mine the sizing and everything. the size for the files are all different why cant there be a formula for all the files to scale it easier that would save alot of time can you help chuck?

Feel free to PM your questions. I'll be glad to answer them.

Redsleighdown said:
Just though this may make some people's work a little easier.

If you have completed any pep armor pieces, please post telling if the armor was too big or small(also give your body measurements) and if you did any rescaling. No one-on-one discussions please.

Thanks

-Red

Im having trouble on my pieces all the files that i have are from different makers can you please help i already looked through this scaling thread to look for anything and nothing.

Eskeleto13 said:
I'm making the costume for my son he is 4ft 8 in tall im sure it wont fit him how do i make the armor smaller? :eek/ohmy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':$' />" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Hey dude obviously you dont know me but my name is Blitz nice to meet you well are you still having issues with scaling your sons suit? please message me i would love to help PM me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back