Official pepakura scaling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
wombat6926 said:
Here are some more pics:

Before reading the scaling Thread I made a Pep MC Helmet at a scale of 40.0 LOL I got half way thru befotre I realized It was going to be HUGE!!! I finished it anyway. (8 hrs of work)

Here is a pic of the scale 40 helmet beside the scale 25 helmet. Have a Laugh!

I am going to keep it for a souveneere (sp?)

Wombat

Guys and im talking to every body wombat but guys how do you guys do all this if each file ofpepakura is different for every part

Last edited by a moderator:
Demolition said:
hi just another sizing tip that i use and it works well measure around the part of the body the main part you are using i.e head for say a helmet this gives you the circumference the use this calulator http://www.rkm.com.au/CALCULATORS/CALCULATOR-circle-sphere.html then it will convert it into the diameter for you so you can put it into the width colum on pepakura designer

hope this helps

sweetness

Hey guys, kind of basic question, but should I be concerned that the pieces when scaled

go over the dotted lines for the print-outs?

Or is there something I am supposed to adjust or put in the settings before I print out?

I just don't want to have a bunch of cut up segments of one piece of the helmet. :)

Any help would be great, thanks!

Doctor Jeffword said:
Hey guys, kind of basic question, but should I be concerned that the pieces when scaled

go over the dotted lines for the print-outs?

Or is there something I am supposed to adjust or put in the settings before I print out?

I just don't want to have a bunch of cut up segments of one piece of the helmet. :)

Any help would be great, thanks!

hi mate them dotted lines are the size of sheets of card (not trying to tell you to suck egg if you knew that then im sorry) but saying that that large piece in the pic if im not mistaken is part of the brim of the helmet which alone is nearly 2 sheets long thats a hell of a size helmet you might wanna check the size as when its build you will be able to live in that never mine wear it on a helmet like that no piece should be bigger than the page the people that unfold them never work it that way if they are then you have scaled it too big

i just printed a odst chestplate that doesnt fit me when put together, the chesplate has not been scaled whatsoever and my chest is 10 inches across and 7 inches down, can you help me in rescaling

heres a pic[attachment=15499:halo weapons.jpg]

Hey mate,

Look at these 2 threads for help.

How to Scale Your Armour-Tutorial

Armour Scaling-FAQ

Those should help you a lot with scaling. If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me. I will be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

You may also want to real the following post/thread. If your interested in my volunteered help, feel free to add me on MSN or Skype.

A New Approach-Scaling

Good luck!

P.S. I have posted those links in this thread and many other threads WAY too many times. Please read before posting!

need help whit my MARK VI amor dont know how scal very good can someone help me i can tell you i am 5'6 body is 44 of waist am can anyone can tell me how scaled those size

xXGearsXx said:
So, How do I fine FRAZ'S MJOLNIR PEP FILES ?

The files are no longer available to the public anywhere. They are also way out dated, so if anybody around here had them, they wouldn't bother uploading them anywhere because there are better pep files out there now.

Your best bet would be to download the pep files available here on the 405th forums, or at the following two locations:

405th.com- Official Pepakura Download Hub

Halo Costuming Wiki- Pepakura File Index

As for scaling those files, DO NOT USE THE METHOD IN POST #7 OF THIS THREAD!. Use the following Tutorial and FAQ for help with scaling.

How to Scale Your Armour-Tutorial

Armour Scaling- FAQ

If you need any further help, feel free to add me on MSN or Skype. I'm always glad to help.

MSN: xtremetactics@hotmail.com

Good luck!

A while ago, I realised that it would be a good idea to screenshot the H3 beta spartan files to get perfect scale ratios. Let me know if anyone is making any part of the CQB, EVA or Recon suits. Enjoy.

th_reconhelmetscale.png

th_shoulderscales.png

Hey i tryd the that and iam a noob i made the helm and boots and my hands ok but i tryd this and iam 5ft 4in and put 2 in on and my wrist is too big for it. I cheack on the math i it wasnt the math i realy dont know what i did wrong.

i am having some major scaling issues...i just finished cutting and folding my chest piece for my noble 6 reach build...and there is no way i am gonna fit in it. I cant even come close to getting my head through the hole. I am 5'11 about 210...athletic build...i am trying to figure out what scale to use...i followed the guides and when i rescale them the seem huge...any help would be appreciated.

it seems i am still having scaling issues and that you, Red, are the man to speak with. i used your formula above for the right bicept peice. I am 5'4" (64" total), that divided by 86 gave me .7441....., but the scale already in use in the Pepakura is 86.00, so my adjusted scale just ends up being 86. I also hand measured my bicept and got 11 inches high, converted it to mm (I am using Pepakura 3) which gave me 279mm and i input this into the scale height box. However after making the piece, it is absolutely massive! I have a very petite build, only 115lbs. What have I done wrong in the scaling process?? Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is my first attempt at building armor.

what would be 2the scaling on the mark VI by robo. (normal detailed), I'm 5'11" and my chest is 17-18" and I think the scale I need is 78.815456 scale, Is that is right?

Hi everyone I hope I'm in the right place here (I'm still kind of new to this whole thing). Anyways I was wondering if someone could tell me how to re-size a spartan mark VI helmet in pepakura version 3. I know how to do it in version 2 but version 2 won't open my file. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back