Official pepakura scaling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I downloaded a file from google and was able to open it on Sketchup (I have a mac) but i can't seem to find a way to unfold it. Could anyone help me unfold the files and have them in a print ready format (or walk me through that) so I can start working on my project. If anybody can unfold it for me, I think it has to be rescaled for me. I am about 5' 5" (I know this doesn't belong here but it's the thread with most replies

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=be88ffd53f28283b15ce9e432a3a77b8&prevstart=0

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=60afb1dd1914cd833a653cb492d78488&prevstart=0

I know this has probably been asked multiple times but how do I scale for a helmet? Do I measure from my chin to the top of my head or use the circumference of my head? I've made 3 "tester" ODST helmets and all of them have come out either too small or too big. I measured from the bottom of my chin to the top of my head and added 2 inches and it still came out too small. I'm not sure what to do anymore haha, if anyone can help me it would be very appreciated!

I know this has probably been asked multiple times but how do I scale for a helmet? Do I measure from my chin to the top of my head or use the circumference of my head? I've made 3 "tester" ODST helmets and all of them have come out either too small or too big. I measured from the bottom of my chin to the top of my head and added 2 inches and it still came out too small. I'm not sure what to do anymore haha, if anyone can help me it would be very appreciated!

When you measure you head from your chin to the top of your head (the correct way) and add the two inches, are you then converting that measurement from inches to millimeters?

Yeah I'm converting it to mm and what would be the correct way of measuring? Because I might be doing it wrong.

Hey everyone, I have a question about scaling. I am making a full Space Marine costume. I want to make myself 9ft tall, but I am not sure how to scale it seeing how I am only 5'6". I want everything to be proportional but I am worried of making some of the parts too big (like the helmet). Any suggestions? Thanks!
-Revy

I can't seem to find this anywhere , I'm scaling my chest plate right now and I am unsure if the largest measurement is from shoulder joint to shoulder joint or up and down from mid-abdominal to above shoulder. I have my shoulder to shoulder measurement but I'm unsure whether to apply it to the largest or second largest measurement of the chest piece. Help appreciated!

I need help scaling the armor for The Master Chief Suit from Halo 4.

Every time I change the H, W, D the actual size is way off.

For Example: I inputted 13inches for the shin and converted to mm which is 330mm. Now even When I measure between two points it even indicates it's 13 inches/ 330mm, but when its printed the parts are so small it all fits on one sheet of paper when printed out and it only takes up about 5inches of the page.

Anyone else have this problem?

I need help here, I've tried all this to make an Iron Man suit to surprise my son with. I bought 15 camping mats, pva glue, heat gun, hot glue gun, skill set razor knives, and a dremmel to make a suit and surprise my son, but I have made 2 helmets so far and gotten it wrong. Is there anyway someone cloud see fit to help we with my scaling please? it's my boys birthday in a couple months and I wanna surprise him by showing up as Ironman.

-t

Hey guys/gals, Im new here to the 405th and armor building in general. I have already done a fair amount of research and i do have an idea of what i am doing. But here is my problem, I am wanting to make a Mk V chest piece from halo reach, but all of the tutorials and guides i see are for the Mk VI that Master Chief wears. Is there any difference in the scaling between these two?

Secound, With the pep file i am using, when i scale the torso to my correct width, the hole for my head only measures out to about 4 inchs, am i just doing the scaling wrong or is there more to it. I have a feeling this is incredebly simple, but im just over thinking it. Any help would be much appreciated

I'm coming to the final stages of my pepping now and my helmet is one of the last pieces I am doing.
I'm making Halo 4 Master Chief.

My question is:

I've followed the tutorials on what points I should measure to scale a helmet. Does anybody else come across the issue where the helmet looks like it may be a little bit too narrow? I've measured how wide my skull is, which will fit in fine, but I'm worried about whether my ears will be squished. I don't want to increase the scale because then it will be too big everywhere else.

I need some help pls. I am about to start a noble six chest but I am having some issues with the scales.
I don't know how should I measure my chest, the only scaling tutorials that I have found are only for arms and legs. Could you someone help me with this? I'm 180cm tall and 45cm from shoulder to shoulder.

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to ask this question but I need some help scaling a pep clone helmet. I watched a youtube video and they said to use a fabric tape measure and wrap it around your head. I did this and the measurements didn't scale right on the pep file. I need help scaling this so I can quit wasting paper. Any tricks? I'd really like the clone helmet to be 1-1 scale. I am also using 8.5 x 11 cardstock and some of the pieces are too large to fit on the page how can I fix this issue?

Cheers!

Wish I saw this sooner, made a helmet today,and it was ridiculously big. OH well, now I have a spare helmet to play around with different finishing techniques.

Hi, am looking to scale the "Reach Boot" and would like some guidance I made it from default size and it is approximately 9 1/2 inches, I need it to be 11 inches for my foot, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back