Official pepakura scaling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendude said:
When I have done my scaling it use a easy way to do it, theres the easy way and the hard way the hard way of it is doing all the math of dividing and stuff to find the total scale and the easy way so I will share my easy way to do it. When you measure lets say your head it will matter the direction the part is turned like lets say the forearm if its sideways in the 3D window then you will want to change the width number if it is turned up and down when it's opened in designer you will change the height scale to match your measurements. For something like a Helmet like lets say the Master Chief Helmet I will measure of the front of my head vertically from chin to the top of my head not bending the measuring tape when doing the measurment. I will get my measurment in inches then the best way is to use the Bing.com site and put in something like 12 inches in Millimeters and the Bing search will give you the millimeter number right at the top for your scale. I don't use the bottom number with the decimal at the bottom of the scale development to do my work with.

Also on a sub note I have 5 Paid for Passwords from Tamasoft to purchase the non-registered copy of Pepakura Designer 3 so if anyone wants it the first 5 people that post here for the code I will PM the code to those 5 people please DO NOT PM ME to get the code as you won't get it that way I will PM you if you post here saying you want it after my topic is posted not if you have posted before my topic saying you need a code but after. This is kinda my treat to the 405th after I got my backpay from work so please don't abuse my courtesy.

Oh! Oh! Pick me!

Man though... you sure do a lot for people... the free unfolding... now this... If you would like to, go ahead. But ther might be other people who could ue it more than I. But anyways, I, and other people appreciate your generosity!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I edited my post, so that's fine. I'll pm you with the model. I can't remember who has it though... I'll go look around. IT's pretty small. MAinly, just a handgrip.

If it's just a handgrip I can unfold it in about 10 minutes probably less. And since I figure what I said about the 5 free codes probably won't catch on here I will probably make a new topic in General Discussion and give the 5 codes away so no asking for codes here guys keep a eye on the general discussion.

hello im having trouble understanding this......my height is six foot and im using the robogenesis files.....if you could help me set up the formula id appreciate it....

Measure places like your forearms, thighs, chest from where to want it to be from top to bottom like lets say your bicep measure from your elbow to almost the shoulder and get that in inches and cnvert it to millimeter or centimeters and change the top number in designer always worked for me.

Leadingspartan said:
i forgot to scale and now helmet is 2 times the size of my head

dude i made the HOLE armour and forgot to change the scale. . .

i thought it was scaled down to fit a normal human body

loads of paper gone to waste :( :(

I've tried reading as much as possible but I still don't get how to scale in Pep.

Is there a command in Pep I'm missing?

Do you scale when the Print Setup box comes up?

Are there screen shots of the scaling process?

The link at the bottom of my signature leads to a Scaling Tutorial. The scaling method in this thread is 99% useless now because the members files the tutorial was based on are no longer available.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
The link at the bottom of my signature leads to a Scaling Tutorial. The scaling method in this thread is 99% useless now because the members files the tutorial was based on are no longer available.

Start [Pep] tutorial!

Didn't think of that sorry guys.

Ok.

*Reactivates active camo*

Hi i'm new here, i just wanted to ask how do i scale it without the designer? Because I can't afford it and i only have the viewer so how do I do that?

lee wilks said:
Hi i'm new here, i just wanted to ask how do i scale it without the designer? Because I can't afford it and i only have the viewer so how do I do that?

Pepakura designer is free, same with Viewer. The only problem is that you can't scale in pepakura Viewer.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Pepakura designer is free, same with Viewer. The only problem is that you can't scale in pepakura Viewer.

Actually to clarify Pepakura Designer is free and you can scale with it, you just cannot save without a password and I won't be giving away passwords for it until next year.

Nintendude said:
Actually to clarify Pepakura Designer is free and you can scale with it, you just cannot save without a password and I won't be giving away passwords for it until next year.

if someone could scale it for me that would be great.

lee wilks said:
if someone could scale it for me that would be great.

Click on the link at the bottom of my signature. That should help you out with scaling. If you can't figure it out after reading the tutorial, feel free to PM me. I will do my best to help.

Cheers!

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Click on the link at the bottom of my signature. That should help you out with scaling. If you can't figure it out after reading the tutorial, feel free to PM me. I will do my best to help.

Cheers!

Thanks a ton. I've already got my helmet peped and everything, but i have a really big body size so the chest piece didn't fit.I'm not insanely tall or anything I've just got a large body frame.

I need help on scaling, I seem to always fail at scaling, so if someone go do me a favour and reply to this as soon as possible.

I'm 13 and I'm 60Inches,I'm thin and my head is pretty big, I'm also using flying squirrel's High def. Mark VI. Hopfully that would give you the specs to help me scale the helmet, Thanks again.

-Quinn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back