Official pepakura scaling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pepped a Hand Plate done by Robogenesis and it turned out to be way too big. I used Xtreme Tactic's scaling method. It said to measure the height of a reference picture (12 cm) and then find the height of myself (180.34 cm). Then I divided by my height and the reference picture and got 15.029 rounded to 15. So what I just found is my scale number. After that it said to measure the piece of armor-the hand plate(.7cm) on the reference picture and multiply it by the scale number. That equaled 10.5 cm. Lastly 10.5 was converted to 105 mm. Then I input the height of the hand piece and everything else adjusted accordingly. It came out too big. Can someone lead me in the right direction?

Hello everyone... i have made a low defenition costume using the robogenesis parts, but now im attempting to make an HD suit. I will be using robogenesis parts, like hands, boots, chest and back plates... but othe parts like the calves by crackhead are tricky... im mean this by my original suit fits well, maybe a tad bit big, but well enough... the calves and the other parts by different people i cannot scale properly. they are different dimensions, proportionally. the Robogenesis calves size i used for my costume was instead of scale factor 86, it was 70. (H435 W180 D200) The crackhead calf is scale factor 2.755628 and its dimensions are H380 W225 D165... some dimensions are greater and some are smaller??? If some one could help me with the scaling of my parts, it would b greatly appreciated!!!

Hi im new to the armor makeing community and i don't know how to scale my helmets or any outher armor for that matter but im hopeing to make a cylon helmet from Battlestar Galactica and a recon helmet from halo 3 if anyone has any tips or warnings plz can you reply to this and one more thing. how can i keep my helmet in shape in the first stages?

I am using Ruze's Commando helmet and can't find a good size for my head. My hat size is 7-1/8 inches and my head circumference is 22.5 inches. Is 316mm a good height for the helmet pep?

The forum was majorly sick and any link from before the restoration doesn't work any more. You can try finding old threads by their name, if you know it.

As for the scaling: I'm not a fan of those magical formulas or of using the scale factor. I'd measure each body part separately and use the model's dimensions to size it. Simpler, faster and better chances of success that way.

so you can just measure your body parts in 3 dimensions and input them manually into pep designer?, that was my thought but couldnt find any confirmation, everyone is posting about these confusing scales.

When you change the number in one box (height for example) it automatically adjusts the width and depth. I don't think you can change the proportion between the different dimensions.

im 6"5 and im making the halo reach armor. do i use the method explained before for setting the scale for my armor?

hey im just about to begin my reach project. im 6"5 and i was wondering if u used the explanation used below to set the scale for my armor

I finish to bulid my helmet and armor of markVI but I dont know how scale the other parts do you had a tutorial or anything to understand how scale a part for me.

I've been trying to figure out how to scale my armour correctly for a long time, and even measuring by hand [and adding about 5 centimeters] still results in a small helmet. Now, I haven't tried the scaling method in the first page, but that is because I don't have Fraz's files, that it specifies. With this method work for other people's armour designs? has anyone tried it? If not, where can I find the armour files mentioned? I've looked around the site for hours.

For clarification, I measured my head height with jaw slightly ajar, then added 1/2"inch to compensate for padding, which came out to about 260mm. I am using Robogenesis' Mark VI helmet-Unfolded by Oreo. This helmet seems like it will be considerably small. I used the formula on the first page and it came out to 235mm for height. I just want to know, is there something I am doing wrong?

It doesn't work.

My height = 70,86 inch,

70,86/86 = 0.82395

HD MKVI Helmet = 0,25326 scale (height 265 mm)

0,25326 * 0.82395 = 0.208673 (new height 218 mm) o_O

The helmet has turned out very small! In what my error?

Gah! I have the latest version of PeP and there doesnt seem to be any way to scale the darn thing in the 2-d side or otherwise... any ideas ?

It doesn't work.

My height = 70,86 inch,

70,86/86 = 0.82395

HD MKVI Helmet = 0,25326 scale (height 265 mm)

0,25326 * 0.82395 = 0.208673 (new height 218 mm) o_O

The helmet has turned out very small! In what my error?
Your problem is that you've used the ratio between Masterchief and you, and then applied it to something that is not masterchief-sized. Your new height should be 259mm.

Hi everyone, I have a quick question about scaling.

I was wondering how do you know for sure if the Pepekura dimensions (the "H", "W", and "D") correspond to that actual dimension on the piece?

In other words: Say for example I'm making a greave/shin piece. Obviously, the longest axis (top to bottom) of the greave corresponds to the largest number of the 3 dimensions sizes. So when I scaled my greaves, I measured how tall I would want them to be and it worked out fine.

However, what about for pieces that don't have a dominant axis, such as the helmet and chest piece? Can I safely assume that the author of the Pep file has the piece oriented correctly so that the top-to-bottom dimension is the height, the side-to-side is the width, and the front-to-back is the depth?

I've been scaling my armor pieces my own way, by just measuring my body parts, and its been working fine so far. However, I don't want to input a dimension when scaling for, say width, and have that actually be the depth measurement of the piece.

I hope you guys understand the question, and I appreciate any help.

I pepped a Hand Plate done by Robogenesis and it turned out to be way too big. I used Xtreme Tactic's scaling method. It said to measure the height of a reference picture (12 cm) and then find the height of myself (180.34 cm). Then I divided by my height and the reference picture and got 15.029 rounded to 15. So what I just found is my scale number. After that it said to measure the piece of armor-the hand plate(.7cm) on the reference picture and multiply it by the scale number. That equaled 10.5 cm. Lastly 10.5 was converted to 105 mm. Then I input the height of the hand piece and everything else adjusted accordingly. It came out too big. Can someone lead me in the right direction?

I'm pretty sure that method wouldn't really work by that.... just measure your hand from the joint of the forearm to your hand and that should be it...

Hey, i dont know if this is already posted.. but i though it would help!

A Measurement Calculator/Converter!
imagescasg020p.jpg

http://www.worldwidemetric.com/measurements.html

yesh...it works great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back