Official pepakura scaling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, trying to size out my Odst Chest core by hugh v2 but im not sure what to use for reference or how to scale it since it isnt ur standard chest piece. I am 5"11 with broad shoulders yet I am a skinny boy that weighs 160.

Is there anyway that someone could help me in converting pepakura files into PDFs so I can print them and begin work on my EOD helmet. I can email the files if needed.

My current scale is 3.215365 when I go to 'change scale pattern' on the 2D option.
Do I use the same scale for multiplying the divided result? :/
Also, when I did multiply my result with the scale that was provided to you (30.342), which I got 23.81494
there would always be a pop-up saying "Specify 1-2000 for assembled size" :( & it will not change.
:cry

Using Pepakura Designer 3! Please help!

If I remember correctly, you need to move the decimal point over to the right 1 digit. So your scale is 30.342 and you got 23.81494 as your size.....in CM. but pep is in MM so you move the decimal point over leaving you w/ 238.1494. You kind of round up the number and add just a bit to allow for room. You can make it too snug if your exact to size. So I would say put the scale to 240 even. The 1.8506 isn't going to kill you. Some people even add 10 MM or more to the over all size to leave room for padding. That should be Ok for the pep program to size up for you.

My current scale is 3.215365 when I go to 'change scale pattern' on the 2D option.
Do I use the same scale for multiplying the divided result? :/
Also, when I did multiply my result with the scale that was provided to you (30.342), which I got 23.81494
there would always be a pop-up saying "Specify 1-2000 for assembled size" :( & it will not change.
:cry
Using Pepakura Designer 3! Please help!

If I remember correctly, you need to move the decimal point over to the right 1 digit. So your scale is 30.342 and you got 23.81494 as your size.....in CM. but pep is in MM so you move the decimal point over leaving you w/ 238.1494. You kind of round up the number and add just a bit to allow for room. You can make it too snug if your exact to size. So I would say put the scale to 240 even. The 1.8506 isn't going to kill you. Some people even add 10 MM or more to the over all size to leave room for padding. That should be Ok for the pep program to size up for you.

Yeah, what Dirtdives said, although I would not move the decimal place over in your scale. It does sound like your measurements are in centimeters and pepakura is in millimeters so just move the decimal over one place on any of your measurements. I'm a little lost on your description of what you're doing though. What file/armor piece are you trying to scale? Your scale is 3.22 of what, a picture?..that's a big picture. Also, I've never seen a "change scale pattern" in pep designer 3.. you should be clicking 2D Menu > Change Scale > Set Scale. I'd like to help, but I think we need more information to give you the right answers.

KaiVorail be advised, this thread is over 2 years old. Necro posting is frowned upon here as it pushes current threads down the list. If you have a question, PM the author directly or check out the index HERE for what you might need help locating. Welcome to the 405th and happy building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back