Okay, guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Have you considered drugs? Maby she really sneaks off for a fix? Highly unlikely but idk. She doesn't seem sad to me just unrecognized,Unappreciated or Lonely. Maby shes just sad and NEEDS a bf to understand her. Or possibly she just needs to find a hobby that suits her. Im sure family time would be nice like. Get the laughter going in games like monopoly or sumthing to relieve some pent up stress. Im 15 and I can know some of the pressures of school and she doesn't look like an outcast or would be taunted by others. Something that bugs me is when people(parents mainly) persistently question me on my day or friends. If you overly ask her questions the more she will move away. Thats my 7 Cents.

If I was older and she was my daughter, I wouldnt let this just phase by like it is a phase, many times, the way you live your life goes from your teen years into adult hood. I wouldnt want my own kid to become an adult and still be like that.

CemreTas said:
Is emo the one that cuts themselves, or the one that just dresses darkly?
Because she does not look emo whatsoever.
My thoughts still stand.

Er... neither. Cutters have a psychological disorder and dressing darkly is 'goth'?

In case anyone didn't know what emo is (some of the older folks may not have heard of it):
Emo is also sometimes associated with a certain fashion. The term "emo" is sometimes stereotyped with tight jeans on males and females alike, long fringe (bangs) brushed to one side of the face or over one or both eyes, dyed black, straight hair, tight t-shirts which often bear the names of rock bands (or other designed shirts), studded belts, belt buckles, canvas sneakers or skate shoes or other black shoes (often old and beaten up) and thick, black horn-rimmed glasses. In recent years, emo, in the popular media, has been associated with a stereotype that includes being emotional, sensitive, shy, introverted, or angsty.

Regardless, a label isn't important. Hopefully she warms up a little bit and grows out of whatever troubles she is having :)

(Btw Frost, your sig and avatar say 'bandwidth exceeded' on my screen)

Last edited by a moderator:
AoBfrost said:
My God, it's already gone too far.
Actually I just made that up as a joke, ok for what I think, I girl who dresses and makes those type of faces where I live, the things I will say, please do not take offense because she is your daughter, I'm reffering to the type of attitude/personality which may relate to her.

1. I'm sorry, but she dresses like she wants to attract a whole group of boys
2. Hand cuffs are very odd and usually make others think you're a punk/troublesome child
3. The lip ear ring thing below her lower lip, I think it's unattractive, maybe she likes it, but I would never get one myself.
4. Her hair covers her eyes half way which makes it seem like she doesnt want the person taking the picture to see her eyes, just the devilish smile which strikes odd to me.

I'm sorry if anything I said offended you, but really the type of girls that dress like that here where I live in Ohio, we would call them....(I will not say it)...lets just say attention grabbers and in bedz with t3h guys :/
:confused:

Bevbor pay no attention to the negative things people say. She looks completely average and hating School is normal for kids her age its not a big deal.in the whole scheme of things attendance is menial What matters is you have a good relationship with herI know I may not have the experience you do with kids because my daughter is only three.But I think general rules would still apply(on your side) Dont be harsh or forceful with her it will draw her closer to you.Listen to what she has to say "when she wants to talk".
I'll give you a lil of our historyto show the problems we had.
When my daughter was born my wife toook her and left me ... I was only allowed to visit her on the weekends for a few hours at public places..
My wife and I finally worked things out after two years of that crap so needless to say my kid didnt even know me.She wouldent even come to me when i would call her and was closer to my inlaws than me.
Throughout the past year since Dec21st 06 I have just been extra sweet to her and gave her the space she wanted If she dont want to hug me she dont have to.(things like that) now she is my best friend everyday she calls me at work to say she loves me"Sorry getting off the subject a bit"
All I'm tryin to say is she will be allright try that idea I talked about The GED thing. it might be better for her.JUst give her space when she wants it And ballence the parent /friend thing.
and encourage her

Good luck man!!!

Vexona said:
Er... neither. Cutters have a psychological disorder and dressing darkly is 'goth'?

In case anyone didn't know what emo is (some of the older folks may not have heard of it):
Regardless, a label isn't important. Hopefully she warms up a little bit and grows out of whatever troubles she is having :)

(Btw Frost, your sig and avatar say 'bandwidth exceeded' on my screen)
My opinion is emo people are just weird, no offense if you are one, but is it really normal to dress in all black? Does that make you different from someone else? Unique? Everyone else starts dressing in black, then how is that unique if all are doing it.

Emo just isnt about clothes, but personality, I mean, the emo people I know, they are lifeless shells, all they do is moap around, skip school, and hang with the wrong croud whenever they feel like it.

I'm not saying his daughter is emo, but still, she isnt at school, and she is doing something else, I think it's best to find out what the "something else" is, or else a problem might occur.

Some people also say they are punk, where they dress in baggy pants and tight shirts, all black cuffs, piercings everywhere....but they arent mentally altered, they are the same old happy bright person, but just have a odd sense of style.

AoBfrost said:
If that doesnt work by talking to her, then just take a day off work one day, and follow her around secretly.

Isnt that classed as stalking?

Honestly i would talk to her frends first if they dont know anyhing or mutch i would give here a big big long talk about whats wrong etc...
Or instead of a talk take here to do something fun and then talk to her.... (When no one around is listening.)

AoBfrost said:
My opinion is emo people are just weird, no offense if you are one, but is it really normal to dress in all black? Does that make you different from someone else? Unique? Everyone else starts dressing in black, then how is that unique if all are doing it.

Oh yucky, I'm not emo (nor did it exist when I was in school). I'm a happy adult, complete with salary, car payments, cat, and husband. I don't have the will, nor the time machine, to be a brooding, middle america teenager :p I will claim to being a good punk child 8 years ago, but that's about it hehe.

I also definately wasn't saying emo is a good, or a unique thing (cause...a dur it's not :p). I just pasted something from the encylopedia in case ppl hadn't heard of that 'trend'. Lil emo kids probably *THINK* it is unique, and they're different...just like everyone else... :p They live and learn and sell their ugly clothes :)

Hmm does anyone ever look back at their old pictures and go "oh my god nooooo!'? hehehe

My opinion here, if that photo is recent, she doesn't look depressed to me.
First of all yes you should talk to your kids, im 31 and always out of trouble well not in serious trouble at list cause my parents always talked to me about problems in my life.

Find out why she is not going to school, maybe people make fun of her, or someone is giving her hard time. Feeling like be alone, it is a good excuse im like that sometimes but doesn't stop me to go to work or school back then. Maybe a boyfriend thing, you know how little kids are very emotional and very hard to each other sometimes.

15 yo is the time that kids want to experiment, or want to feel rebellious. your worst fear here is, well for drugs we know the problem and the outcome and if she dating a much older guy who he is not going to school, and what an older guy will want for a young girl other than sex.
Don't take it light here man, talk to her, don't confront her because is going to backfire on you. Try and put another female of the family that she trust or a friend of hers, little bit older cousin always help, to talk to her or hang out with her and find out what is the problem.

Is she is using internet alot? i will suggest one of those softwares that you can monitor what she is doing or what she does, if she finds out your screwed, but i think is worth it. There are a lot of sweet talk perverts out there.

Worst case scenario you might want to put someone to follow her and see where she is going when she is not going to school.! it may be sound like extreme measures but you know what, maybe it is just a face she is going through and maybe absolutely nothing but still if i was you i prefer to look like a fool in the end instead of regretting in case that something bad happens!

Good luck man i know is hard to deal with kids in this age.

AoBfrost said:

Emo just isnt about clothes, but personality, I mean, the emo people I know, they are lifeless shells, all they do is moap around, skip school, and hang with the wrong croud whenever they feel like it.

I'm not saying his daughter is emo, but still, she isnt at school, and she is doing something else, I think it's best to find out what the "something else" is, or else a problem might occur.
Ive got this black shirt, that is made out of cotton and pretty stretchy that kicks ass.
I love the shirt.
But just because I wear it im weird?

Yeah yeah I know your talking about ALL black.

But wait...My hair is black....

A while after I die the blood will fully leave my body, my organs will shrivel and such, and ill be blackish grey.

This thread is sad... ._.

((The pic bevbor posted was taken in August))
((This pic was taken at this year's AMAI-con in Chanukkah))

25216629-2.jpg

Oh yeah, look at me being all sad and emo and crap @_______@
About the way I look:
My hair - It's up to my shoulders and it's brown with two orange streaks, my bangs are long in that pic because I'm too goddamn lazy to ask mom to trim them >< Also, I get really scared when she's got scissors in her hands @_@
My clothes - IT WAS THE MIDDLE OF THE SUMMER D: Jeans and a sleeveless shirt are perfect to wear when you work at a big, open space ((Yey sun burn))
The hands - The nails, it was mom's birthday present, she took me to a proffesional and stuff, I felt pretty that day~ Right now I don't really give a frick about them .-. I clean them but nothing else... The bracelet has fish skin in it, I bought it and I wear it because I think it's pretty and fishes bring luck... Or supposed to... or whatever and I have a freaking watch on my second hand @_@
The piercings - I like it, yes it makes me look unique in my already unusual group of friends, we're all freaks here D:

About the way I act - I am deffinetly the complete opposite of emo @_@ I actually like trance and dance, the only rock I listen to is Old - 90's rock, usually in russian... I love hanging around people, I don't know what took me over these past few weeks, maybe it really is just a time like that... After today I actually want to go to school ((Sari, reshima bet, sport, prihodit v shkoluuuuu @_______@))

That's it, I just thought that it was really sad that you opened a topic about it here @_________________@;;;;;; So embarrasing >< Oh and when I don't go to school I either sleep or read, have you ever noticed how many books I take from the school's library? ._.

In conclusion ((TL;DR)): I'm not emo, happyhappy, I'm going to school, I'm a stupid teenager, I love dad~ ((Tottaly not doing this for the sake of you continuing doing her props :D)) Psst I r a link

daystar558 said:
isnt emo about being non conformist? but if your emo you still conforming to emo conformism....wth?
no thats anarcism.

right. ok. your acuialy trying to judge a persone by one pic?! serisly?!!?! what if i introduced myself with the pick of me in a bunny suit falling over a wall in town while being chased by my friend in a santa suit?

would you,

a. think i had an unhealthy longing to hide my identity and an unusuial obsession with carrots?

b. say that i must be very stressed because my fur is going gray?

c. think, 'wow, that day musta been fun, i wonder what he's like the rest of the time?'

the right one is acuialy secret answer number 8: you would think 'i wonder who won in the -Easter Bunny Vs Santa- commertial holiday bout?'

relax people, shes normal.

EDIT: thats you?!

ive seen that costume before, was that the time the dude went as a box with "the box from metal gear solid' on the side?

bevbor said:
Thanks guys. I've got her photo here... Can you say something about her behaviour considering a picture?

1376552061_8bdff3b535_o.jpg
Seems like a normal teenager to me. She doesn't seem mal-adjusted or anything, just independant.
But you shouldn't skip school, I mean you don't want to end up like these guys do you?

hobo.jpg
hobo.jpg

JK :D

Seriously though, sometimes people(anyone) just need time to themselves.

-Magnum

23Magnum said:
Seems like a normal teenager to me. She doesn't seem mal-adjusted or anything, just independant.
But you shouldn't skip school, I mean you don't want to end up like these guys do you?

hobo.jpg
hobo.jpg

JK :D

Seriously though, sometimes people(anyone) just need time to themselves.

-Magnum
hahaha, i guess he lost it all in the .com crash yea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back