Okay, guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

bevbor

=(
Guys, girls, I'm in troubles.
My daughter (15) don't want to go to school.
She goes to school in morning, but not arrives there...
When I ask why, she answers: idk, just because I feel good alone.
I cannot totally control her because I'm at work almost all the time.

What can I do?
Cut off her internet?
Restrict to do what she is love to do?
School psychologist call me and said that she cannot influence on my daughter.
Any advices?

Thanks

bevbor said:
=(
Guys, girls, I'm in troubles.
My daughter (15) don't want to go to school.
She goes to school in morning, but not arrives there...
When I ask why, she answers: idk, just because I feel good alone.
I cannot totally control her because I'm at work almost all the time.

What can I do?
Cut off her internet?
Restrict to do what she is love to do?
School psychologist call me and said that she cannot influence on my daughter.
Any advices?

Thanks
nah, i wouldnt cut off her internet, that wouldnt help and if anything it would just annoy her. i ust to feel like her, i hated school, mainly cuz i didnt fit in what so ever. dont sit down and talk with her, rember how annoying embarising it was when your pairents did that to you? yea! exactly. start asking her how she is every so often. you'll most certinaly get an answer of 'fine' but thats not the point, your not trying to strike up a deep conversation with her, your just showing an interest. treat her like an adult and make a deal with her; she obvisly hates school and i can blame her, tell her if she promises to go school you'll give her friday off. next week tell her if she goes a full week you'll give her two days off the following week. small treats like that are realy nice.
have a look at her hands/arms for scratches. if you notice some DONT say anything!!!! its not very likely but she could be cuttin herself. i ust to do this. ide scratch on my left hand (because im right handed) with a small blade or the like. its very important you dont mention it at first cuz if she isnt it could have other implication so you wait. if they still there after a week or two or if theres new ones, ask her something like 'what happened there?' she'll probibly say 'nothing' but again thats not the point, she knows youve noticed. i cant acuialy rember how my mam got me to stop so after here im not too much help. the only advice i can say is see it through her eyes and try to understand she's 15. its not a fun age, especialy if you dont like school, which as it happens is the place you have to spend the majority of your week. it sucks! bdw, she will most likly become a bit of a rocker, i wouldnt worry about that. i was a SEARIOUS rocker but even thoe im still partial to a bita hard rock im well ajusted, i get annoyed at the news and like coke with my pizza, in other words, perfictly normal.

hope it works out alright but we wont know for another few years. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sit down and talk to her and ask her what is wrong and what she is doing and where she is doing it. If there is something better to do than going to school you need to find out what it is and stop her from it. If it's a boy, ban them! If it's the internet, cut it off, If it's friends, ban them too. You need to do your duty as a parent, whenever you see her, confront her right away and sit down to talk about it.

'idk it feels good alone" isnt a real response, if you're worried as hell about your child, you need to know what she is doing.

If that doesnt work by talking to her, then just take a day off work one day, and follow her around secretly.

lol, taking parenting advice from a bunch of kids. it so crazy it could work! ha
im not sure what you should do, but whatever you do, try not to lose your head. i can say for myself, that is the most annoying thing in the world.

I wish you the best of luck man.

There's nothing wrong taking advice from people younger than you, it's who you choose to listen to, if they are wise or not.

Thank you guys for your attention, I feel much better now and my daughter agreed to go to school meanwile but we shall see...
Thanks again!

Simply try this:
Either say that if she does not go to school you will push a knife down a block an inch, and when it is all the way down to the hilt, you will throw lemons at her and sing the national anthem.
Because after a while...

No but seriously try this:
I didnt want to go to school for a week? Why? I think it had something to do with me being overstressed with projects, and waiting for my mensa acceptance report (I got in btw, the only reason I tried is to somewhat prove my iq), anyway, talking to the kid will not help.
Just allow her to work it out, like I did. Eventaully all my work was done, and I started to relax. But thats me...

Hmm...
First find out this:
Does she have alot of homework and projects due:Yes? Then stress and the above applies
Does she have trouble fitting in:Yes? Than thats a stupid reason, I think thats just me, but I dont really fit in anywhere, but every other group knowns im better. Not trying to be an arrogant ass but that is litterally what they told me. I suppose you can allow her friends to talk to her, it helped me out, as long as Tim wasnt acting like a jerk.
Constipation:Yes? Use pepto bismol.

That is all I can help with though.

I think talking calmly to your daughter will bring you and her closer, and possibly save her from future troubles.

Well I agree with Flyin Squirrel....
I was the same way growin up I was a loner I hated school and people. Like F/S I turned to metal.
watch her and see if she loses interest in the things she likes like me with video games and weapons.
If she does it can be signs of depression but can just be a fase.
Dont go all overboard and start freakin out.she just dont like school. what I did was I dropped out and went and got my ged it was easier for me and was okay with my folks.you might want to ask her if she would like that better than school.
The down side to that is now I wish I would have stayed in school for the experiences with friends and actually graduating I hope I was a bit of help.
Good luck

Thanks guys. I've got her photo here... Can you say something about her behaviour considering a picture?

1376552061_8bdff3b535_o.jpg

The only thing I can find from that is that she must be over 500 feet tall. She is 3 times larger than the freaking plane.
What do you feed her?!?!

Well to be serious here is what I see

Bags under eyes: Many restless nights, I am assuming that she uses that time either purely stressed out, or time on the internet.
Standard, non revealing clothing: She seems to have no problem with friends or fitting in. If she did, she would have more revealing cloths to fit in with dumbass jocks and perverts.
Something on both her wrists: She trys to give an illusion that she is fully dressed. They appear as sleeves and fortify my thought on the problem.
The piercing would show that she is trying to be individualistic, or has peer problems. But with the other two reasons, she must try to be individualistic.
The hair seems fairly show:Not long enough to hid anything, not short enough to be a feminist. So I see her as being of average intelligence and ability. She seems to be a normal teen.

What I conclude: She is an average teen. Quite stressful and wish to be by themselves.

Just allow her to stay alone, give her space, her bored look makes her think she must not enjoy the picture taking, which is not leaving her alone, making her hating to take the picture.
So just leave her alone and give her space, and she will be fine.

Yes I know their are typo's, but im not going to correct them.

Anyway, she is rather purdy.
I dont find it pedophilic, as she is one year older then myself.
Gosh golly gee.

You know the weirdest song eva? Circle circle dot dot.

Before you guys go insane over me about the bag thing I think I would know. I have huge bags, I mean their like purple bags, and quite noticable.
Sometimes I dont wanna go to sleep, sometimes Im busy w/ my machines.
You guys dont pay me so Im not giving a psycho analysis of this girl.

I'll throw in my 2 cents here.

Of course talk, but since she does not want to go to school talk about her other option.

Going to a different school? I went to 3 High schools, the school does make a difference

Getting out and getting her GED?

You really need to talk about carrier opurtunites is she totaly drops out, mabey she is just ready to move on.

Tell 'er to talk to me. I'm only about 2-3 years older than her. We can have a girl to girl chat, even though I kinda suck at girl talk.

She looks like she needs sleep.
She also looks like a wanna-be skater/punk/emo kid or whatever.
She obviously likes the OMGyourbangsneedatrim hair style.

bevbor said:
Thanks guys. I've got her photo here... Can you say something about her behaviour considering a picture?

1376552061_8bdff3b535_o.jpg
My God, it's already gone too far.

Actually I just made that up as a joke, ok for what I think, I girl who dresses and makes those type of faces where I live, the things I will say, please do not take offense because she is your daughter, I'm reffering to the type of attitude/personality which may relate to her.

1. I'm sorry, but she dresses like she wants to attract a whole group of boys
2. Hand cuffs are very odd and usually make others think you're a punk/troublesome child
3. The lip ear ring thing below her lower lip, I think it's unattractive, maybe she likes it, but I would never get one myself.
4. Her hair covers her eyes half way which makes it seem like she doesnt want the person taking the picture to see her eyes, just the devilish smile which strikes odd to me.

I'm sorry if anything I said offended you, but really the type of girls that dress like that here where I live in Ohio, we would call them....(I will not say it)...lets just say attention grabbers and in bedz with t3h guys :/

Last edited by a moderator:
you know, if she says she "feels good alone" ground her for a couple weeks and see ifs shes miserable... take away everything, give her a bed books and a light, dont even let her go to school.

and your daughter is extremley pretty btw

Haha a few ppl looked a little too far into a single pic? :lol:

I don't think there is anything weird about her. Looks to me like she's going through the typical emo (sigh, kids these days!) stage like some of her peers.
Punk was the rebellion of choice when I was her age. I died my hair pink, got a nose ring, wore plaid, and didn't talk for like 3 years.

I think missing school and the way she dresses is just a way to get attention from you and her peers. You said that you have to work a lot, so even though she says she wants to be alone, maybe she wants you to notice her being lonely?
Similarly, I know I must have scared my dad a few times with my young shenanigans, but he always stayed cool and understanding. I think I grew out of it faster because he didn't react negatively. They like to test the waters and your patience, so try to be kind and supportive as best you can :)
In time, the clothes will tone down, the fingernail polish will wash off, and her behavior will balance out.

Is emo the one that cuts themselves, or the one that just dresses darkly?
Because she does not look emo whatsoever.
My thoughts still stand.

Also what do you mean about the braclet thing? one is a watch, the other is a sweat wrist band.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back