Once a noob, always a noob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tcgore678

Sorry if this topic is just stupid. It's late, I'm very tired, but I have a small question, that if answered, this topic can be closed. I just need an answer. If I buy .60 inch Styrene sheet, and use it to make a suit, is it paintball safe? Sorry if it's already been answered.

this likely violates the rules, but I can tell you that Styrene isn't going to stop every paintball.

Yes it is possible to have a costume that looks like halo but is impact resistant enough to play a game in. But why would you want too? A spartan costume is hot, heavy, and limits your mobility severely. If you wanna run around as a spartan shooting your friends then play the video game.

No it is NOT paintball safe with that material. Someone made a video for testing purposes and used a helmet that was made using fiberglass and bondo and the paintball put a hole through it. So not only will you most likely get hurt, but you will also ruin your armor after you spent all that time and money into it.

We see TOO many threads asking this and the answer is no, unless you really want to risk it, then that is on you. The costumes we make here are for PROP USE ONLY and are not meant to be used for any form of protection.

I'm not using Bondo and Fiberglass on this build Halogoddess. And personally, I don't want to run around in it. But I'm building a commission costume for a friend, and he keeps saying that he's going to play paintball in it, and if he is, I don't want to take the risk of being held responsible for building the costume for him, and him getting injured in it. So if Styrene isn't strong enough, then I'll tell him no deal. Thank you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back