Online Accessibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice198

Well, I should probably be on a video game site for question, but I just didnt think of it by tht time i started this post, so heres my question:
How do you get hooked up online for a system (ex. PS2,PS3,XB,XB360...) Its been bothering me for a while because ive been wanting to play COD2BR1 online on my ps2... but i dont know how to set it up online, any help would be muchly appreciated.
Any BTW I have the PS2 slim, so I dont need an adaptor for it. - Ice

You should have an ethernet cable that plugs in to a phone socket or your router, or a USB somwhere on you console for a wierless adapter, to connect wierlessly to your router.

Thanks but uh... I have a type of modem/modom (however yuo spell it) and and the ethernet port is already taken, the only plug availble is a USB port, and I dont think would work...right? - Ice

Ice said:
Thanks but uh... I have a type of modem/modom (however yuo spell it) and and the ethernet port is already taken, the only plug availble is a USB port, and I dont think would work...right? - Ice
This is why you buy a router..And you plug that ethernet cable thats already in the modem to one of the many router ports..Then you can plug in your live stuff..

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats the cheapest router I can find in the new england area? Anything about $25-30? Lowest ive found was on bestbuy for $36 and dont really know if its worth it just to get the PS2 online... - Ice

Ice said:
Whats the cheapest router I can find in the new england area? Anything about $25-30? Lowest ive found was on bestbuy for $36 and dont really know if its worth it just to get the PS2 online... - Ice

You have to buy/subscribe to an internet company like BT or Sky and if you go for a wierless option they will supply you with a router.

Ice said:
See what you need is a 4 port switch router, that for 50-60 dollars will connect to your modem with the ethrenet, then you get 4 ethrenet ports, plug in one of them to your ps2 and one to your PC, or if your PC is far away, get yourself a wifi adapter and screw that ethrenet cable, you dont need it.

If only the ps2 had a wifi adapter like the ps3, it would work so much easier for playing online rather than dragging 100 feet of ethrenet cable to your ps2, ethrenet cable is very very expensive.

Get a ps3 and play your ps2 games on it, and get a router for like 10-20 dollars on sale weekly, then you can play ps2/ps3 games online wirelesses without 100 feet of cable.

AoBfrost said:
Get a ps3 and play your ps2 games on it, and get a router for like 10-20 dollars on sale weekly, then you can play ps2/ps3 games online wirelesses without 100 feet of cable.

I heard PS3 was not backwards compatable..

Our neighbor gave us like 200ft of cable free, so all I have to do is buy the end clip thingys and crimp them (with a kinda expensive tool, but I didnt pay for it) so it costs me like 75 cents for 100ft cable :p

so if you make a lot of cable buy the parts they're cheap except for tool.
Use RJ-45 ends

GruntOfAction said:
I heard PS3 was not backwards compatable..
I heard the xbox360 plays blu-ray dvd's of you jam the disc in.

Only the 40gig system cannot, it is made as a system for new gamers who dont own a ps2 or for those who are entertainment junkies, it can play all their videos/movies and play ps3 games.

The 80gig though is for those who want to toss away their ps2 and still be able to play ps3/ps2 games on one system, like the 360 playing old xbox games, same thing.

Both have the same features except the hard drive size difference, the 40gig not having ps2 compatibility, and the memory card readers for pictures/music, and usb ports, they took 2 away from the 40gig.

You could compare the 80gig to the x360 elite and the 40 to the premium, only advantage the premium has is that back then it was the best model, so in the end it still does have backwards compatibility.

Although once I get my hands on my friend s memory card converter, I'm going to try and transfer my hack from my ps2 to see if it will run on my ps3, they left (ps2 memory utility) in my 40gig which makes me believe that there may infact be ps2 compatiblity with some hacking, otherwise sticking the disc in wont play.

Pick i made just for you red = internet
wired
untitled-1.jpg

wireless
45325.jpg

people say wireless isnt good or online gaming, dont trust them, if your router is sending 100mbps quality and your internet is say 8mbps, your router is doing an awsome job. It's sending whatever bandwith your game is asking for, and receiving it problem free. I used to host game servers off 1 PC with a small 50mbps usb wireless adapter, all servers ran lag free and ran 20 people. (3 servers)

to responce to/\ i do not like wireless because it ALWAYS diconnects when i turned on the pc or laptop. thus i wouldnt get wireless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back