Props Paintball Assault Riffle or Battle riffle or SMG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dootuz

Hey

I was thinking about maybe taking my paintball gun and making an Assault Riffle or Battle riffle on top of it.
ion.jpg

Thats the gun I have now. An Ion.

What would be the best way to do this? I could call up Rob and we could do a quick vacuum form over it but I’m not sure. Resin would be good to but I need to take it off sometimes to put new batteries in. And would it look weird with a hopper and High pressure tank?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Dootuz

I see a BR there, no way you could turn it into an AR. You need to remove the "grip" and you ill have to start building untop of the barrel, you could use pep or cardboard. You need to make sure that you can also dissample the Rifle afterwards incase you want to do maintenance on the paintball gun.

It will not be the most prettiest thing if you want to use it, because you has to hazzz the paintball "clip" untop of the rifle.

-Fin(n)ish

EDIT: But i wouldnt make either a BR or an AR, that thing is perfectly scaled for a SMG!

I agree with Finnish. It definately looks like an SMG to me. All you would have to do is detail, add the stock and sights, and shorten the barrel.

I agree too with Finnish, it wont look bad but its not gonna be real pretty. SMG would be the best thing to do on the shape, like Friendly said.

If it's gonna be a quick job, just use velcro strips to attach the parts to the actual paintball gun.

I didn't think about the SMG. it would be perfict! Thanks for the idea. I want it to look good. I could try to mod the gun to work on clips and not a hopper. I could get a cheper gun that runs on clips to.

I have seen this gun online.

ECPBG-Battle-Rifle-002.jpg

(not mine I wish though :()

It would be awsome to build something like that!

Other than cardbord what should I use?

Dootuz said:
I didn't think about the SMG. it would be perfict! Thanks for the idea. I want it to look good. I could try to mod the gun to work on clips and not a hopper. I could get a cheper gun that runs on clips to.

I have seen this gun online.

ECPBG-Battle-Rifle-002.jpg

(not mine I wish though :()

It would be awsome to build something like that!

Other than cardbord what should I use?
the body looks like carbon fiber, and i've made a smg airsoft gun it worked awesome

Last edited by a moderator:
Dootuz said:

Even tough this is cool, i wouldnt be aiming for it.
1st of all the handle should be alot more towards the backside of the weapon, wich would be difficult to make.

Also the main shape of the weapon would make it hard to actually put stuff on it, and it would be wabbling.
As for the SMG you would just stick it to the paintball gun.. There wouldnt be a stock wich would wabble etc.

-Fin(n)ish

EDIT. Also, that doesnt look like a BR at ALL... it looks exactly like a Famas.

yeah, i was gonna say, that looks like a 98.

look at the stock 98, take off the barrel, add a stock, and you got an SMG.

im an avid paintballer, i know my stuff :D

rvb4life said:
yeah, i was gonna say, that looks like a 98.

look at the stock 98, take off the barrel, add a stock, and you got an SMG.
im an avid paintballer, i know my stuff :D
almost all seasoned paintball players know there stuff

I'm almost done with the same project. I own a Tippmann A5 which was perfect for the Lancer. Sorry for the tiny pic but I don't want to officially present it yet. Plus this is a Halo site!

I started the project by taking a side-view pic of the A5 and a side-view pic of the Lancer (fortunately they were both available thru Google image search). I then took the images into photoshop and placed the Lancer image over the A5. From there I did some minor stretching and skewing of the Lancer to get it to fit just right over the A5. When completed, I printed out a full-scale image of the A5-ready Lancer. It took several sheets of paper that I taped together. With this life-sized blueprint, I built the Lancer master out of balsa wood.

With a detailed master, I contacted my good friend "BlueRealm" and asked him how to do all this molding and casting stuff. After a few emails and phone calls, I made some molds and pulled some casts, and now I am in the middle of painting.

If you have access to a vacuu-form, then I would see if you could get a pull of your Ion. That way you can make an easy covering for the gun and build on top of that. Another way to go, which I would do now if I had to do it all over again, is to use Pepakura to make the perfect parts of the AR or BR and size them perfectly to your Ion.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back